Buying Stocks

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I am asleep at the wheel. I bought 300 shares of AG at 13.21 instead of at the open about 70c cheaper.

AG will likely close the day positive even.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Another 300 KGC at 6.08..

3600 shares total.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Things are looking good.
On Thursday I bought 1000 shares of PSLV. This is a silver fund that buys and stores physical silver and this equates to almost 300 ounces. I paid $8.71 a share.

On Friday I added another 500 shares of KGC at $6.17 for a total of 4100 in this account.

I have a large position elsewhere in this stock.

Roll on the opening

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I should have bought the dip yesterday at the open. Now AG and the others are on a tear and I can only buy a little if any later today.
Am making good money here now and I believe it is only starting.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I e pect abig week, after I maxed out my margin on Wednesday and Thursday. More later.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I put 50 yoyos on No 4. Gaillard Du Mesnil (FR) Paul Townend 6/1 on the Irish Grand National to day Fairyhouse.

Weather is nice. going is soft. I got him at 7/1
All is a gamble but the bet can always be changed in the market. But that takes admitting you erred , which is the difficult part

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I sold my entire quantity of AG which was 3525 shares. I did this because we just saw a big multi-day drop in metals and shares. I ended up with a big loss(relatively speaking) because I did not sell soon enough. A common mistake called falling in love with a stock. You have to stick with the rules and emotion is your enemy. Plus I bought too much too quickly, greed.

Correct actions was what I did with both Lyft and HD, made a profit and got out. I shorted HD .

Just in case I am wrong again about AG and it rockets, I bought a ton of options that will profit if that happens.

I finally sold when AG was falling more than other mining stocks I own. So I soldit and held the others.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I sold my entire quantity of AG which was 3525 shares. I did this because we just saw a big multi-day drop in metals and shares. I ended up with a big loss(relatively speaking) because I did not sell soon enough. A common mistake called falling in love with a stock. You have to stick with the rules and emotion is your enemy. Plus I bought too much too quickly, greed.

Correct actions was what I did with both Lyft and HD, made a profit and got out. I shorted HD .

Just in case I am wrong again about AG and it rockets, I bought a ton of options that will profit if that happens.

I finally sold when AG was falling more than other mining stocks I own. So I soldit and held the others.
I am glad I sold as AG is only 10.59 now. The lesson is, don't fall in love with a stock. I will buy some options instead.

A very strange reaction today to a 0.5% rise in the fed funds target. Stocks up over 700 points.

But the important news is oil strong and natural gas very strong at a new high and heading to 9.

It has risen basically triple what it used to be and there will be big problem next winter trying to heat houses.

This rise in shares will be a one day wonder and a reversal down is about to happen tomorrow morning

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This rise in shares will be a one day wonder and a reversal down is about to happen tomorrow morning
I just knew that yesterday was a fantastic selling oppurtunity and I made a modest bit of money.

But it is nothing compared to tomorrow afternoon or maybe Monday when the real panic sets in

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
In 2.5 hours the inflation report is released and if it is worse than expected, then we shall see a big move down.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
In 2.5 hours the inflation report is released and if it is worse than expected, then we shall see a big move down.
The collapse is coming I fear.

What is your view Dan?

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Food prices are starting to bite hard....I go to a shop in the North at least once a week and I'm seeing 25p/50p on all the products I go for

Example......4 piece pack of vegetable roll was 1 pound for years.....now increased to £1.25

Example 2 ....8 pack nestle cappuccino was £1.50.......now £2.80 :oops:

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Food prices are starting to bite hard....I go to a shop in the North at least once a week and I'm seeing 25p/50p on all the products I go for

Example......4 piece pack of vegetable roll was 1 pound for years.....now increased to £1.25
Is the North still cheaper than the Republic for products?

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Is the North still cheaper than the Republic for products?
For a start 4 litres of milk is £2 (2 cans) up here 2 litres is €2.40 depending on what you want there is a serious difference in price .......vat rates must be less penal too
I will get a till receipt on my next visit for a proper price comparison

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The collapse is coming I fear.

What is your view Dan?
I watched that video made by the lad in Ukraine that got kidnapped. He could be right. We shall see in 58 minutes .

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just knew that yesterday was a fantastic selling oppurtunity and I made a modest bit of money.

But it is nothing compared to tomorrow afternoon or maybe Monday when the real panic sets in
How right I was. The inflation was worse than expected so we shall see what happens.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
8.3 instead of the expected 8.1

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The Lord givith and the Lord taketh away. I am now basically even with these two positions after silver dropped today.
But I am happy because stocks in general, and bitcoin, must collapse before silver skyrockets and that certainly is continuing with both.

Bitcoin now dipping below $38000.

Hopefully that mania is now over.
This likely is because the Federal Reserve soon to introduce its crypto dollar as part of the Reset. Also speculators now are being decimated and will be try to meet margin calls.
Bitcoin now below $29000 and looks in bad shape indeed

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom