Diesel.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is very simple. It looks like the price of diesel is about to jump to such an extent that distribution of food etc is to be impacted. Obviously also its production.
Then we have personal transportation.

At what point is it a crisis.

valamhic

Staff member
This thread is very simple. It looks like the price of diesel is about to jump to such an extent that distribution of food etc is to be impacted. Obviously also its production.
Then we have personal transportation.

At what point is it a crisis.
The USA have a shortage of refining facilities because businesses are afraid to invest due to green threats. Go to 6.44 minutes in
to this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCVM7btE-rg&t=3s

Reactions: jpc

Coal Gas and peat

Diesel is solid now at over two Euro a litre .....petrol €1:80.......green diesel increasingly hard to get unless you are prepared to work at cans which is very far from ideal

Myles O'Reilly

Its not often an American (or in this case an Irish American) gives two phukks about diesel prices because all their cars - even their huge pickups - are gas (petrol) driven.

However I welcome this discussion from Dan cos its a serious situation.

Reactions: jpc

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
Diesel is solid now at over two Euro a litre .....petrol €1:80.......green diesel increasingly hard to get unless you are prepared to work at cans which is very far from ideal
Is the 300 gallon tank of old, still the norm, or have they ho e bigger.

valamhic

Staff member
Saul work away at the cans brother. I know 'tisn't ideal but don't give these bastards the full price if you can help it.
[/QUOTE

Cans are the only way if you are nicking a drop from neighbours. Many have locks so all you can do is syphon it out.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
So a farmer with a big tractor or two, relies on plastic containers. I doubt it.

valamhic

Staff member
So a farmer with a big tractor or two, relies on plastic containers. I doubt it.
It is tough strong plastic. I don't think there are any other types made. Kingspan makes a lot in Carrickacross.

I was in the yard of one of my contractors and he was using a steel tank of about 5 ft X 4 by 6 long.

Myles O'Reilly

That's €1.60 per litre ($6.29 per US gallon). To be fair that's not too bad.

Well, at least considering what it was. Still nowhere back to where it was before the American proxy war on Russia.