Has the Big Mo finally arrived?

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
We have talked about it so much, we have had so many false dawns and mirages of opposition, but is it here now? Did it come? Do we really have now the mythical momentum in genuine opposition to the NWO and powers that be in Ireland?

Its hard to imagine but I think some optimism is justified? On what issue I hear you ask? Opposition to mass immigration, it really appears that this is the one issue where Irish people will take to the streets and will fight against it.

Don't look at me, I cannot explain it. The government basically abolished religious practice for about two years, closed pubs and countless small businesses, imprisoned people in their homes, and are now abolishing turf etc etc, so you would imagine opposition would come from there somewhere? But no, that isn't the issue, its opposition to mass immigration that has really captured the imagination of people.

I say that because I am back from a protest in Mullingar which was organised about 48 hours earlier, in a town, and even county, with absolutely no tradition of large protests whatsoever, and it just brought at least 500 people onto the streets. It was really a breathtaking size of crowd to be organised by really only two people and at such short notice (and they were nearly all Mullingar people). Anyway if one was trying to figure this out I think maybe a few factors are at play:

a) The opposition in working class areas of Dublin has kind of inspired people. The quiet persistence of first of all East Wall, and now cropping up all over Dublin, is having a kind of 1916 effect, you want your area to be as rebellious! Anyway its strikes people as the only modern successful Irish protest of a genuinely grassroots nature - the media and establishment are clearly on the run because of it. So that's an element, people are attracted towards the fight like this, which is a great thing obviously!

b) A big element is a question of safety as people go around their local towns. While the media/gardai have been very successful and determined in absolutely suppressing any mention of sexual assaults etc being perpetrated by immigrants, news has nonetheless got about by word of mouth and social media. For example a while ago there was all this talk of an immigrant in Wicklow, I think Bray, assaulting people and roaming the streets and I think I remember similar stories in Ardee, or somewhere in South Louth, and actually all over the place. So women especially are concerned about this and feel very uncomfortable with huge populations of male immigrants in nearly all Irish towns now.

c) Also there has been a quiet anger building up where Irish people feel like second class citizens in their own country. They will have experience of somebody they know waiting 17 or 18 years on a housing list and so those wonderful pictures in the local newspapers of recent immigrants getting free new houses are bound to cause some disquiet. But not just that, there are a whole load of areas where Irish people don't seem to get anything like the supports that the immigrants get and the constant urgency from the government to address the needs of the latter group, at the expense of the former, grates after a while.

d) One thing much talked about by some, is how Irish people have emigrated, or travelled all over the world, and hence have no right to criticise immigration here. Of course that's true enough in a way, but also means that Irish people are typically well informed about the immigration procedures of getting into America and Australia and whatever, and consequently they are flabbergasted that people can come here so easily, even tearing up passports that would probably get an Irish person jailed in those other countries. So basically they want to know why immigration laws seem so lax towards some groups coming to Ireland - not all groups, some Irish Americans and Irish Australians find immigration into Ireland very difficult - and they don't like this laxness. Also they can see the problems that arose on this in places like the UK and they don't want it to happen here.

e) But actually I think there is a much more fundamental issue going on here, and it involves race. Up to this the constant refrain from the powers that be has been that there are only a few coming here and it would be racist not to show hospitality to them etc, but otherwise the change in the Irish ethnic balance has been quite invisible. Meaning that up to 2 or 3 years ago, or less, the media in Ireland and public life generally, has continued to be dominated by white Irish people. But recently, and suddenly, all that has changed. Now everywhere you turn, the media, ads on the TV, - even sport, look at the makeup of Irish national sports teams and athletics competitors recently - , seems to be dominated by people of different ethnic backgrounds who claim to be Irish.

No doubt this is the powers that be deliberately breaking the Irish sense of identity, and using race as their battering ram, but anyway, bottom line, Irish people don't want to be a minority in their own country. They never signed up for that. They are now looking around them on the bus or whatever and becoming conscious of race, because as I say its thrust upon them now from every direction, and they don't like being completely surrounded by, and they are beginning to feel dominated by, people that realistically they don't regard as Irish.

That's why it grew up so much in Dublin and why the people there are so determined about it, because otherwise Dublin people are rapidly losing their sense of identity. Look at the famed Moore Street nowadays, its frankly unrecognisable now as part of an Irish city.

While I strongly feel its very important to be respectful of all human beings, of any ethnicity and religion etc, and nobody should 'blame' immigrants themselves, not in the slightest, nonetheless I don't think that the above mentioned instinct of Irish people about race is wrong. Irish people are not the master race, I can assure you!, but they are entitled to feel part of a distinct ethnic community, just like any other race. Its not nice, feeling like a stranger in your own land, and its not improper to fight against that.

Anyway that's proving to be the powder keg issue in Ireland, and the establishment is really feeling the heat. We hear 'far right' from the lips of every media presenter and politician, to explain all this, but it isn't working. Irish people might not be very sophisticated in their politics in modern times, but they are not going to buy that particular slander!

Who knows how this will all play out!

(I do appreciate the above is talking about mass immigration whereas the protests are talking about asylum seekers only, but realistically I think it does boil down to race and these other mass immigration issues, even if people are sometimes afraid to admit as much!)

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Interestingly some are still saying they support real asylum seekers, they are either idiots or controlled opposition. Letting the first foreigner become a citizen was the big mistake and they all should be deported, including Varadkar.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
No not all of them for sure, but I guess we are more travelled than some races. I don't think there are many examples though of Irish people going to countries and then receiving very generous housing and money from the states we went to.

As regards breaking ranks I see the powers that be are rolling out the controlled opposition as quick as they can (Peadar Tobin, Michael McDowell, they were even claiming that Pat Kenny was supposed to be racist, and they are only the obvious ones!)

I take your point, certainly there was a moment in the abortion referendum where big crowds came out and obviously that didn't do very much, in the long run, but still I am amazed at the traction this has got, so who knows...

By the way I am sorry I don't comment much on the chess threads, its just that looking at those things has the same effect on me as whiskey to an alcoholic, and I have so much work to do I am positively avoiding spending too much time at that!

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Interestingly some are still saying they support real asylum seekers, they are either idiots or controlled opposition. Letting the first foreigner become a citizen was the big mistake and they all should be deported, including Varadkar.
Dan could you summarise the OP please?

I can't read stuff that long.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
The media are certainly in a frenzy at the moment, desperate to attack anyone protesting as the "Evil Far Right", hard to do this when the images are women with children, hence why there is very little media coverage about the protests.

When they do mention the protests it's literally to praise the other side or to demonize, playing the race card per se.

Interesting that this morning the narrative appears to be to praise the mighty Leo, anything to deflect from what is actually going on out there.

I do not think though that anything will come from this, as much as it would be great to see the people rise up against the madness, what we are seeing is an information war, one that will ultimately see the full power of the state being used against individuals to teach a lesson or to scare others away from any further disruption.

Its obvious there is a massive plan going on here, perhaps it is the Kalgari plan after all.

FoWW6mvWcAI-yyO

View: https://twitter.com/theheadsaregone/status/1622874778813046791?s=20&t=nAc7Yns1otik1I_fYnUeRg

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
It is that, they know that a nation of migrants, or even primarily married into migrants, will have no real identity, and will not have the will to resist any outside oppression.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
And I know it is, will continue to be, a difficult issue for many. There are many wonderful migrants in Ireland, married to friends of mine and all that too, but thats the reality. Its not their country so they wouldn't fight for it.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
I want to travel the world to enjoy what different cultures have to offer, what I do not want is a carbon copy country everywhere with the same NPCs, Starbucks etc.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect your national identity, culture, and heritage, Ireland for the Irish, Africa for the Africans, Britain for the Brits, and so on. That's multiculturalism, countries living side by side, not putting everyone in a melting pot.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure now we will revert to a very controlled migration system now, in words! If you look at the UK that is what happened. For a long time it was well 'you cannot oppose mass migration because its racist', and 'mass migration is enriching', but sometime after, and a bit before, the Brexit vote, it became established that mass migration is a bad thing and we need to stop it. So they elect the Tories and successive Home Secretaries talk all the time about limiting numbers etc. But they just lie about it, the powers that be want mass migration and thats it. You cannot trust mainstream political parties now.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I want them all hammered back on buses to be taken out of Ireland while the angry mob throws stones at the buses breaking Windows as they leave

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
What does anyone think of the 200,000 immigrants thread on Gaychat by the way?

Seems it's mostly the lunatic 'Jack Walsh' and another godawful git 'Roman Emperor' propping up the Gaychat side.

"Roman Emperor" is a real creep. At first I thought he was just some Ulster Loyalist troll because he would pop up on "Republicanish" threads and troll them like some savage who drink in the local Kneebreakers would.

He is not though. He basically believes in "socially liberal" yet openly authoritarian to dissent hyper capitalism with open borders.

He is like the Anti-Tadgh only he does not have Tadgh's intellect or imagination.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Heard a rumor that the Liberal.ie may be taken down soon, god knows if true but could explain whats going on with PISH.

THe Revolution will not happen on social media.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom