One or more people were deleted this morning as part the f the weekly clean up of bots and dormant posters. My apologies

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Please re register

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
It would be grand to skull several cans whilst listening to them scream in mortal agony. After all, the solstice is approaching and we need to do our pagan Celtic forebears proud. 👌
Christians, African Christians are into that sort of thing today and they picked it up from the protestant & catholic missionaries who picked it up from the Dominicans of Spain.

With traditions like that, no wonder that God has literally disappeared, no?

Yank Blow-In

New
Reaction score
Christians, African Christians are into that sort of thing today and they picked it up from the protestant & catholic missionaries who picked it up from the Dominicans of Spain.

With traditions like that, no wonder that God has literally disappeared, no?

Dominicans sacrificed people in a wicker man? Or were they heretics or infidels?

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Dominicans sacrificed people in a wicker man? Or were they heretics or infidels?
I guess they were all at it in one form or another.
Sure the wicker man was a once-off, an annual thing but the others mentioned were at it constantly all over the land, simply resorting to a whole pile of dry sticks and firewood

All due respect to today's Dominicans, previous comment was referring to Torquemada's terror, you know?

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that Julius Caesar concocted the wicker man as a form of psychological warfare against the Celtic nemesis.

Good, you've done the research and know the story?
Here, I've just been going by vague memory of the movie and old religious traditions.
The Romans were wicked man and took it out on the Christians too, awful stuff all together.

Yank Blow-In

New
Reaction score
Good, you've done the research and know the story?
Here, I've just been going by vague memory of the movie and old religious traditions.
The Romans were wicked man and took it out on the Christians too, awful stuff all together.

Be they wicked, you have to be impressed with the humble origins of the Roman Empire and her meteoric rise to conquer most of the known world. Same goes for the Brits.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom