UK General election - July 4th

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
just because your baked out of your scone all the time. #munchies
Less of the stereotyping please (it just gets me started🤪) because I'm 29 days off Bud. Unlike some other drug users on the site, one happens to employ regular moderation as a standard(abstinence is very good for the mind/personality/discipline)
I'm a vice free, addiction-less zone with an occasional use for medical herb - Not cannabis as you know it.

Am considered quite fortunate to sort of 'Have the cake & eat it too'

Sometimes it's a chuckle when thinking of some righteous relative who frowns down upon me with suspicion while he is oblivious to his own consumption as a Telly addict, Alcoholic, daily Gambler, heavy Cigarette smoker.
Can you imagine the cost and the daily devotions/results??

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
The word "flounce" does not exist in common . I believe I am up against serous ignorance.

None can read a map.
Ah come on💡Val. It's used commonly on-line within message board communities.
That "ignorance' is also yours too.

The "Drugs" issue being one willful blind spot in thine (ignoramus) eye.

This being a UK thread than perhaps it's a good place to mention that the UK government licenses & grows medical cannabis "Drugs" for general prescribed distribution - It's legal, it's normal.

What's the problem?

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Less of the stereotyping please (it just gets me started🤪) because I'm 29 days off Bud. Unlike some other drug users on the site, one happens to employ regular moderation as a standard(abstinence is very good for the mind/personality/discipline)
I'm a vice free, addiction-less zone with an occasional use for medical herb - Not cannabis as you know it.

Am considered quite fortunate to sort of 'Have the cake & eat it too'

Sometimes it's a chuckle when thinking of some righteous relative who frowns down upon me with suspicion while he is oblivious to his own consumption as a Telly addict, Alcoholic, daily Gambler, heavy Cigarette smoker.
Can you imagine the cost and the daily devotions/results??
Glad to hear your decision to go weed free is helping your mental clarity and personality. Still worrisome that you count the days since your last hit from the bong. Such a powerful hold that even with a strong mental fortitude you measure your life from the last experience.

Please consider using this service if you are in danger of falling off the wagon.

We are here for you. This is a safe, non judgemental zone

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Glad to hear your decision to go weed free is helping your mental clarity and personality. Still worrisome that you count the days since your last hit from the bong. Such a powerful hold that even with a strong mental fortitude you measure your life from the last experience.

Please consider using this service if you are in danger of falling off the wagon.

We are here for you. This is a safe, non judgemental zone

Good on you, thanks for the link.
TBH the 'counting the days' is a source of strength, comfort & positivity.
Also having gone through self improvement training while quitting the tobacco many years ago, using that form of discipline really helps to keep a firm control over habits.

Now just discovered that the HSE are providing excellent information/aids to deal with the subject
A very thorough, considerate and well presented approach . . .

Actually the above is an essential must-read (and follow) for any cannabis user.

willows68

New
Reaction score
Also having gone through self improvement training while quitting the tobacco many years ago, using that form of discipline really helps to keep a firm control over habits.

Now just discovered that the HSE are providing excellent information/aids to deal with the subject

Actually the above is an essential must-read (and follow) for any cannabis user.
I find it helps arthritis pain. So while ye may start out as rec users - the aul'ones get general non- allopathic pain relief. Esp for joint bursitis. Oh be glad ye are young

willows68

New
Reaction score
Do you yourself feel the difference and/or do you see its effect working on the elderly?
On myself. Ironically given my field of occupation, I do not and have not consulted a GP since my last child's birth. Almost a quarter century ago. Not for anything.
But with increasing age the joints do give out ( I was very athletic in my youth, and have had quite a few breaks/snaps). So I ended up trying the devil's parsley, as I adore good tobacco anyway.
And it takes away the pain for days, sometimes weeks.
I have a recent story btw - took Ibuprofen there sparingly for the odd twinge over the years. Like maybe once or twice a year - that stuff is not good for the system .
The last time I took it a few weeks ago I developed severe allergic symptoms from it which thankfully cleared up after some time. God alone knows what they put in their medicines these days.
Never again.
So yes. Not that the above had anything to do with the occasional devil's lettuce - it is nature for me only from now

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score

we are all addicts of something --sometimes we cannot remember why we are addicts .
i know a man who revers his fathers memory and tells mixed company out loud the details of his fathers will to show he forgot nobody he even left instructions who was to print the funeral stationery in order to repay a kindness shown.
this man married a garda and then beat her to a pulp for years -- he has been in and out of jail 3 times already and we who know him know why he is addicted to violence and does not enjoy a moments peace in his life .
he is unable to compute his rearing and the only way he can cope is to revere the monster who beat him to an inch of his young life frequently.
i and my colleagues witnessed the mans father telling a story to his peers and just at the holy crux of the story his 8 year old son tugged at his sleeve looking for a cone --without pausing for breath or changing his appearance he struck his son with all his might and sent him unconscious into the hedge beside him .
he continued his telling of the story and laughed uproariously at the telling --he was unaware of his sons existence at the time.
he himself was in and out of institutions and to manage his life a priest instructed him to use a double barrelled name to publicly shame and incriminate the father who abandoned him and his mother .
his father beat him for using the double barrelled name and the whole town got behind this opera and some used it for evil reasons of their own and some used it to try and help the boy but it and they drove him mad /psychotic and he then exacted his revenge on random strangers who he thought were talking about him .
this abandoned soul was the father of the today man of 40 who cannot bear his own company .
i am not hinting for a moment you suffer from any addiction but merely telling a story to explain addiction elsewhere which the sufferer is unable to deal with .
i traveled from Ireland to Tangier overland and when there I saw many children some pre teen rocking on the side of the road while seated --their minds were gone with hash and the country was awash with the pedophiles of the world --- i have never smoked hash --i have never taken drugs --i do not use anadins or tablets in general --i do use them when i am ill only .
i tried for years to give up smoking -but never knew how much i liked them with a coffee or brandy or as a moment to hide my face and give me a moment to think .
i was welding once--sheets of galvanize to make a large door--i got galvo which nearly killed me and gave me bloody lesions down my throat and when i smoked i had excruciating pain and have not smoked since .
THE TRICK HATE THE FUCKERS THEN YOU WILL STOP .
stop trying to give up something you love.
learn to hate the bastards --go for a walk in a wood or on a beach and scream abuse at the fuckers do not be afraid to go mentally where you think you should not go---- as you are a little afraid --go there and hate the fuckers -- the sleeping on this private conversation with yourself/conscious mind ,
will allow you to give up anything as the hatred is stored in the background in your private battery waiting for its use .
you will not do what you do not wish to do - even under hypnotism --you will not do something you hate to do .
the trick is teaching yourself and overcoming your love of something for whatever reason you know not why you love it.

Last edited:

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
So I ended up trying the devil's parsley, as I adore good tobacco anyway.
And it takes away the pain for days, sometimes weeks.
Much in your original post deserves discussing, but the above is of particular interest.

What is good Tobacco?
It seems that one must be specifically careful in selection . . .

Gods Green would be a different plant to Devils Parsley?

Important to make the distinction observe the differences 🧐

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Much in your original post deserves discussing, but the above is of particular interest.

What is good Tobacco?

I see increasing talk of American Spirit and Pueblo brand tobacco. They are organic and additive free. Kill you less slowly?

I recently enjoyed a foreign break, and took a break from not smoking for the duration. I had some Camels and Lucky Strikes. I have to say my Vape pull and hit was still more satisfying than the cigarette.

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
So many worthy ideas in your post there @AUL LAD, true what you're saying regard welding, soldering (i used to insist on double filter fumes gas-mask masks)
Another one is when working in a freshly painted (gloss) environment and going for the ciggie . . . aaarrrrgh🥴

Regards the "Addictions" - Yes, they start early on and we can see how the substances made us feel better about ourselves/situations . . . over time it all becomes deeply ingrained into the mind and personality,

There's even the point where the habit was well managed for a long time but then later gets out of hand, the user/addict doesn't even realise or know they are actually addicted at first before others around help them see the desperate situation - A painful process for all concerned (except the supplier;))

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
I see increasing talk of American Spirit and Pueblo brand tobacco. They are organic and additive free. Kill you less slowly?
Back in the day I tried them both and had a feel good "organic, free mentality🤩" sense of satisfaction🤣 for a while but then if one is sensitive to the body's reaction one realises the process is doing the same sort of thing as the regular mainstream brands.

The distinction became obvious when offering Cigarillos to a choking heavy smoker. I hoped the smoker would adopt a new style in smoking (not inhaling) and give their poor worn lungs a chance to breath pure air and recover.

When the lungs clear and freshen up then one is much more inclined to take more aerobic exercise and the process becomes self sustaining, a full life without inhaling smoke but yet (having cake & eating it) one could have a cuban cigar in the evening.
Can't beat a win/win solution? 😉

willows68

New
Reaction score

What is good Tobacco?

Good tobacco is Cuban cigars. Nothing added. Nothing taken away. Yum. No big yank tobacco additives.
God made all the plants to help us.
Hemp/'Parsley' is an ultimate master healer.
I did not mean to give the impression I was confusing the two.
S'why they demonise it so much. The parsley.
And, of course, I am only talking about parsley only.

willows68

New
Reaction score

I recently enjoyed a foreign break, and took a break from not smoking for the duration. I had some Camels and Lucky Strikes. I have to say my Vape pull and hit was still more satisfying than the cigarette.
That's what makes them so dangerous for young wans...

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
I did not mean to give the impression I was confusing the two.
Frequently confused, but always good.;)

parsley on my mind.jpg

valamhic

Reaction score
I'm telling you Val, I'll match ye any day on map reading.

Oh, and 'Flounce' - To move or go with emphatic movements. Collins English Dictionary.
Test

1) Does the United States of America have a land border with Mexico?

2) What US State contains two towns named after me? What are the towns names.

3) Name the countries with which Poland has a land border with.

4) What county in the Irish Republic mainland cannot be accessed by road or rail other than by
travelling through another jurisdiction?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Test

1) Does the United States of America have a land border with Mexico?

2) What US State contains two towns named after me? What are the towns names.

3) Name the countries with which Poland has a land border with.

4) What county in the Irish Republic mainland cannot be accessed by road or rail other than by
travelling through another jurisdiction?
Who gives a feck about a geography lesson? Have you ever done a fifty mile hike across country, most of it in darkness, armed only with an OS sheet and a trusty Silva?

You might also spread some of you infinite wisdom and explain the effect of magnetic declination on compass bearings.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
we are all addicts of something --sometimes we cannot remember why we are addicts .
i know a man who revers his fathers memory and tells mixed company out loud the details of his fathers will to show he forgot nobody he even left instructions who was to print the funeral stationery in order to repay a kindness shown.
this man married a garda and then beat her to a pulp for years -- he has been in and out of jail 3 times already and we who know him know why he is addicted to violence and does not enjoy a moments peace in his life .
he is unable to compute his rearing and the only way he can cope is to revere the monster who beat him to an inch of his young life frequently.
i and my colleagues witnessed the mans father telling a story to his peers and just at the holy crux of the story his 8 year old son tugged at his sleeve looking for a cone --without pausing for breath or changing his appearance he struck his son with all his might and sent him unconscious into the hedge beside him .
he continued his telling of the story and laughed uproariously at the telling --he was unaware of his sons existence at the time.
he himself was in and out of institutions and to manage his life a priest instructed him to use a double barrelled name to publicly shame and incriminate the father who abandoned him and his mother .
his father beat him for using the double barrelled name and the whole town got behind this opera and some used it for evil reasons of their own and some used it to try and help the boy but it and they drove him mad /psychotic and he then exacted his revenge on random strangers who he thought were talking about him .
this abandoned soul was the father of the today man of 40 who cannot bear his own company .
i am not hinting for a moment you suffer from any addiction but merely telling a story to explain addiction elsewhere which the sufferer is unable to deal with .
i traveled from Ireland to Tangier overland and when there I saw many children some pre teen rocking on the side of the road while seated --their minds were gone with hash and the country was awash with the pedophiles of the world --- i have never smoked hash --i have never taken drugs --i do not use anadins or tablets in general --i do use them when i am ill only .
i tried for years to give up smoking -but never knew how much i liked them with a coffee or brandy or as a moment to hide my face and give me a moment to think .
i was welding once--sheets of galvanize to make a large door--i got galvo which nearly killed me and gave me bloody lesions down my throat and when i smoked i had excruciating pain and have not smoked since .
THE TRICK HATE THE FUCKERS THEN YOU WILL STOP .
stop trying to give up something you love.
learn to hate the bastards --go for a walk in a wood or on a beach and scream abuse at the fuckers do not be afraid to go mentally where you think you should not go---- as you are a little afraid --go there and hate the fuckers -- the sleeping on this private conversation with yourself/conscious mind ,
will allow you to give up anything as the hatred is stored in the background in your private battery waiting for its use .
you will not do what you do not wish to do - even under hypnotism --you will not do something you hate to do .
the trick is teaching yourself and overcoming your love of something for whatever reason you know not why you love it.
That was some serious welding you were doing there to have that effect. I've done a bit with galvanized sheet myself but always took a grinder to the site of the weld first.

But anyway you are right, addiction is a strange master. I used to think chocoholic was just a jokey word and then one day I found myself desperately hunting round the kitchen eating anything that looked like the stuff, cooking choc, kids yogurts, anything that might have a trace of it. Thankfully I caught myself at it and managed to back away. It's never happened since, but that day I was a driven man and haven't been able to explain it at all.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I was put in mind of all this talk of addictions when listening to Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No 3. Around ten minutes in there is a real tension between the composer and his inner demons which at first he fights, then dances with before collapse followed by peaceful serenity.

View: https://youtu.be/MOOfoW5_2iE

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Top Bottom