UK General election - July 4th

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
According to Galloway on the moats right now this was the lowest turnout since 1883 at a general election

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
450078703_18347664877116995_46035659442796068_n.jpg

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
So many worthy ideas in your post there @AUL LAD, true what you're saying regard welding, soldering (i used to insist on double filter fumes gas-mask masks)
Another one is when working in a freshly painted (gloss) environment and going for the ciggie . . . aaarrrrgh🥴

Regards the "Addictions" - Yes, they start early on and we can see how the substances made us feel better about ourselves/situations . . . over time it all becomes deeply ingrained into the mind and personality,

There's even the point where the habit was well managed for a long time but then later gets out of hand, the user/addict doesn't even realise or know they are actually addicted at first before others around help them see the desperate situation - A painful process for all concerned (except the supplier;))
my in laws husband is a drug Councillor and he was speaking one day and i took issue with him and gently said that is a bit complex for the average druggie --would they grasp what you are saying at all .
he looked at me strangely and said i have no druggies -- i was amazed and he continued --all my clients are professional people who want to take drugs as part of their lifestyle -- they are block layers and brickies and doctors and solicitors .
the block layers can work all day and because they are using heroin they never get a cold --they take it by choice and the reason they are with me is that they need a drug manager as they have no intention of ever giving up but want to manage it better and i am their drug consultant/manager .

Professor

Reading a Good Book
Reaction score
Too Totalitarian to Talk - Very Very Scary Town
my in laws husband is a drug Councillor and he was speaking one day and i took issue with him and gently said that is a bit complex for the average druggie --would they grasp what you are saying at all .
he looked at me strangely and said i have no druggies -- i was amazed and he continued --all my clients are professional people who want to take drugs as part of their lifestyle -- they are block layers and brickies and doctors and solicitors .
the block layers can work all day and because they are using heroin they never get a cold --they take it by choice and the reason they are with me is that they need a drug manager as they have no intention of ever giving up but want to manage it better and i am their drug consultant/manager .
Amazing to those of us who don't know that life bar what we read in the studies & papers.
Sure, when one is waiting for a prescription at a 'methadone dispensary pharmacy' one will observe some fairly tidy & motivated individuals among the drowsie's.
So what would be the habits of professionals and hardworking trades?? Gotta be Cocaine for the day time march and then the Heroin & Alcohol to unwind and dream at night?
It's hard to imagine Brickies working on Heroin but then again - They've got their own rhythm and toughened culture which provides for a Fix to get through the harsh conditions.

The funny thing, looking back now how on-site, we the workers would be exposed to all manner of irritating dusts, exhausts, fumes and hazardous conditions that later on at home one would wash away masonry & wood dust from the hair, skin and nostrils and then afterward when enjoying a tipple;) of whatever your having yourself,
one would consider that the drug cure was far less injurious than the working environment.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
Amazing to those of us who don't know that life bar what we read in the studies & papers.
Sure, when one is waiting for a prescription at a 'methadone dispensary pharmacy' one will observe some fairly tidy & motivated individuals among the drowsie's.
So what would be the habits of professionals and hardworking trades?? Gotta be Cocaine for the day time march and then the Heroin & Alcohol to unwind and dream at night?
It's hard to imagine Brickies working on Heroin but then again - They've got their own rhythm and toughened culture which provides for a Fix to get through the harsh conditions.

The funny thing, looking back now how on-site, we the workers would be exposed to all manner of irritating dusts, exhausts, fumes and hazardous conditions that later on at home one would wash away masonry & wood dust from the hair, skin and nostrils and then afterward when enjoying a tipple;) of whatever your having yourself,
one would consider that the drug cure was far less injurious than the working environment.
they are all fucked -- heroin is the boss--things do not get better ever-
-you will be stopped at a checkpoint some day and the show is over .
license gone have to register for treatment --your insurance is gone your work cannot employ a junkie as he is a danger to all other employees.
nobody will allow you any financial control over the purchase of a bag of sweets you are suspect for every crime within 10 miles including and especially robbing the elderly.
if you are only getting on middling with herself all the female barristers tell her now is the time you will get the house and the land as he being a junkie is unable now to obey any order of the court to supply an reliable income to his wife so she gets anything of value as she states he would only use it to fuel his drug problem .
when the drug shit hits the fan it really is the end of the road for some.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
they are all fucked -- heroin is the boss--things do not get better ever-
-you will be stopped at a checkpoint some day and the show is over .
license gone have to register for treatment --your insurance is gone your work cannot employ a junkie as he is a danger to all other employees.
nobody will allow you any financial control over the purchase of a bag of sweets you are suspect for every crime within 10 miles including and especially robbing the elderly.
if you are only getting on middling with herself all the female barristers tell her now is the time you will get the house and the land as he being a junkie is unable now to obey any order of the court to supply an reliable income to his wife so she gets anything of value as she states he would only use it to fuel his drug problem .
when the drug shit hits the fan it really is the end of the road for some.
The more you have the further and farther you fall down.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score

he looks about right you need to be young around brixton .
when i lived in Streatham in the 70s --- the tube ends in Brixton and i had to make a run for it down acre lane and on to streatham hill some of the bastards would follow me a mile all black all very black and mad with hatred --if they only stabbed you you would be lucky .
i was fit then --i had to be fit then.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom