Val's Pictorial Weekly. Dictionary spelling and grammar thread.

Electricity

It must have been head on with an artic.
71vqwt.jpg

valamhic

Staff member
Long busy morning dosing cattle and had a contractor round to help with a job for an hour. Then want to Navan for dinner and buy stuff.

Got Some ammunition for a bit of sport at X mass and a few things about town. I was hoping for a lie in in the morning but auld Ownie Reilly rang
with a bad tooth ache in a back tooth. It is hurting him, I told him to take a few Paracetamol and come over at 10. I know from before he will arrive at 9am to get it pulled. No rest for the wicket. No rest for the handy man. Ownie still drives a Massey Feguson and must be above 80 YO lives alone .

Myles O'Reilly

Will you tie Ownie's aul gnasher to the door and swing it shut?

Is Navan the major hub for certain commodities in your region Sir?

Was with a bhoy today, know him this years - Edenderry originally - who takes care of his brother-in-law's place just outside Kingscourt. 'Tis where the wife is from but the lad isn't capable this long time.

He drinks in the pub the Bull ran amok in a few years ago. When he goes in says they "Work away Pádraig and if you have a few shillings layve them there". (they layve him pull his own pint)

Coal Gas and peat

Long busy morning dosing cattle and had a contractor round to help with a job for an hour. Then want to Navan for dinner and buy stuff.

Got Some ammunition for a bit of sport at X mass and a few things about town. I was hoping for a lie in in the morning but auld Ownie Reilly rang
with a bad tooth ache in a back tooth. It is hurting him, I told him to take a few Paracetamol and come over at 10. I know from before he will arrive at 9am to get it pulled. No rest for the wicket. No rest for the handy man. Ownie still drives a Massey Feguson and must be above 80 YO lives alone .
do you much dentistry work these days ?

valamhic

Staff member
do you much dentistry work these days ?

My father did a lot of it in his day and he taught me. He clipped toe nails and paired corns too. I lost his pliers and just use a vice grips.

There was no freezing in his time, but if they want I a give jab of freezing to numb it. I only get older people and mostly men. Young
people tend to go to the dentist. I never get requests from young ladies. Never even once. I hope Ownie does not want freezing in the morning, takes 9 minutes to start to work. Then pull and give him cotton wool. I might give him a few pieces of cloth, might have an old pair of drawers somewhere. The biggest problem is he might want to talk if it's a good day. I don't have time.

I would think I only pull 3 in a year now. I also pull my own of course not included.

Last edited: