General Chat For All To Read.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Why are you complaining on the chat when you can chat on the complaining thread.

valamhic

Reaction score
Why are you complaining on the chat when you can chat on the complaining thread.
Because I cannot reply to a post on the complaints thread. Some of them here are allowed to post on the complaints thread on several topics, but I am not. I am not complaining, I am informing. I very much enjoy being discriminated against. I am banned on many fora, I expect that. Many people confuse me giving information and
complaining. For example if I notice the price of a commodity doubling in price within a month in shop A while not doing so in all other shops. , I have three options. 1. complain which is futile. 2. complain and inform , the first part is futile 3. inform.

When I inform , I let others know so the perpetrator price gouging shop is exposed.

valamhic

Reaction score
I repeat what I said before. All thread on this site should be private. Myles is the only one to object.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
You can now chat on the complaint thread while simultaneously complain here on the chat thread.

Hermit

Reaction score
When you die your organs will be harvested by the state, unless you go out of your way to opt out. But even then, if you're dead you're not going to be able to do anything about if they decide to go against your decision to opt out.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Look at this Gimp thinking that his opinion on anything has any significance in the World !

Typical gimp, Putin is guilty but gimp has zero evidence.

I wonder what the gimp has to say about Julian Assange? Guilty because terrorists in America say so?

Gimp.

N.B, Did anyone ever find out why the gimp's wife was lodging cheques from O'Callaghan the corrupt Cork developer into their Dublin bank account?:unsure:

free and clean

Reaction score

Tiger

Reaction score
Kidults being normalised now.

McDonalds bringing out Happy Meals for adults in Australia.

https://www.timeout.com/australia/n...als-in-australia-and-yes-you-get-a-toy-021824

Big kids, here’s some happy news to start your week. Macca’s has just launched a limited-edition ‘Adult’ Happy Meal in Australia, and it’s giving all the nostalgia of the pre-2000s. Having launched in stores on February 14, these grown-up goodie boxes include a ten-piece box of Chicken McNuggets or a Big Mac, alongside fries, a drink and a collectible toy that’ll whisk you right back to your childhood – the McNugget Buddies.

If you’re unfamiliar with the McNugget Buddies, blame your parents. These iconic ’90s figurines debuted in Australia back in 1998, as part of a limited-time Happy Meal featuring glow-in-the-dark McNugget Buddy collectibles. Although they were discontinued in 2019, the toys are now making a welcome comeback more than 25 years since their debut.

The fast-food giant collaborated with American street-style icon and visionary artist Kerwin Frost, who designed the adult-sized box and gave the McNugget Buddies a modern makeover. Frost styled each of the six characters with its own quirky persona, funky outfit and wacky hobby, drawing inspiration from his childhood in Harlem and his belief in the freedom of self-expression. The 2024 line-up includes:

• Kerwin Frost: The Mayor
  • Don Bernice: The Wise Stylist
  • Uptown Moe: The Neighbourhood Hero
  • Waffutu: The Curious Optimist
  • Brrrick: The Cool Guy
  • Darla: The Dreamer
McNugget Buddie figurines
Photograph: @jason_b_nz
This is McDonald’s second-ever ‘Adult’ Happy Meal, following a US-exclusive collaboration with fashion label Cactus Plant Flea Market in October 2022. However, it’s the first time Aussies are getting a taste of the nostalgia with the limited-time Kerwin Frost Box.

The boxes are available nationwide for a limited time, and each box not only comes with a toy, but for the first time, comes with its very own collector’s trading card. Sounds like time for a trip down memory lane to the Golden Arches.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
the Abbeyleix de Veci estate has been bought by two limerick young lads the Collison bros . over the years we were frequently monitored and number plates logged by special branch as princess Margret and other royals enjoyed themselves locally and everyone was monitored and if they saw you twice in 5 minutes you were pulled in .When i heard that 2 young limerick lads had bought it i was filled with pride and Ireland is now only coming into its own as the Irish have proved they are as able as anyone on the planet and more able than most and this is why the British were so anti Irish over the centuries -- we had a great deal of what they did not and never would have. you can do hundreds of miles in the UK and not see or hear any true culture or Craic -- no literature or music no style they do not have taste buds and will chew on ASDA plastic food all year long . when they come here and see our houses and sit in our stylish pubs and look at what impresses us on the walls they grow a little angry as they feel out of place and more than a little left behind .Welsh groups have almost stopped coming as we are visibly different and we are interested in things foreign to them and i see their insecurities and their feeling out of their depth a little in our new Ireland. which was always there but kept hidden from us by the British and ourselves trying to please them .
Aul Lad if I didn't know any better I'd say you've got a chip on your shoulder regarding the Brits.

tldr

Reaction score
I know nothing about the topic of plastic, if you start a thread or explain it I will try to read it. I burn my bottles in the fire and recycle some of the big ones. On this topic I will not fight with anyone who tries to explain.

It's a report from an American environment lobby group that was picked up by Euronews which is a proxy of Brussels.

Basically it says that plastic can't (for all intents and purposes) be reasonably recycled and that a recycling myth was created by plastics companies that wanted to defuse possible legislative action to reduce plastic use.

I read a response by some American chemists association that said that plastic formulas had changed since recycling had first begun and that it was misleading to say that it was futile to recycle.

Much of the plastic waste is exported to China where it's never seen again - it fills up the containers that they export manufactured goods on the return journey. There were large stacks of plastic bales built up in developed countries when shipping slowed during the Wuhan virus. I heard that lot of it here is used to generate electricity in the national incinerator in Ringsend but don't know for sure.

Repak have information on it although I don't see any plastic recycling plants in Ireland listed there - maybe I have to spend more time looking for it.

Remember the deposit for glass bottles? That's coming in for plastic bottles now. One for soda cans in America has been in place for some time and people earn a crust from collecting them on the sidewalks in New York - at least I remember talking to a couple of them in the nineties when things were getting better there, maybe it's still going on.

Do you recall when you couldn't move for the sight of bits of plastic hanging off every ditch and fence in the country. The plastic bag levy made a big difference in fairness.

The big problem is caused by developing countries that have no waste management culture and that's where most of the plastic in the ocean comes from. It's a bit of holy cow for the MSM so they don't like pointing it out.

You know the way it is, if you're useless but feel entitled go around blaming the people who can solve the problem rather than the people who cause it. Why do you think that men get such a hard time?

I posted the link because it was interesting to see it listed on the Euronews site - which is like thejournal.ie insofar as it's a regime controlled outlet that floats upcoming programs. It's a curio for the site.

Mad as Fish mentioned recycling lithium batteries. I remember reading a piece on it in Ars Technica and posted the link above. It goes into detail into the difficulty in pulling the lithium and semi-precious metals from these batteries. It was a good point of comparison.

Environmentalism was always about not poisoning the world, and not killing things for the sake of, it to me. It seems to be about carbon taxes or something now. Well, I'm staying old skool on this one - sure there's a morning din around where I am to wake me up at the crack of dawn. There's no talking to na héin about keeping it down a bit.

As for burning plastic - if you burn it in your fireplace then it'll emit noxious fumes (that don't all go up the chimney) which will sicken you and turn your head a bit quare. Best avoided and left to the binman to sort out.

If things do go pear shaped then you'll be relying on the health of your land and why would you want to taint it when you can send it away off while you can?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
That's your definition of an Irish nationalist as well, is it 🙄

Lord give me strength
Sure there's all sorts of Irish Nationalist, some with conflicting views and agenda's too, obviously.
Upon attaining the Lords strength one will come to know better.

It's not my definition but it's an interesting aspect to consider, no?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Word's fail with that little shit!
He used to go around like a messiah but the devil saw through his BS and tempted him with a big (record) deal which he, being a fake pop messiah, took hook, line and sinker and now he's reeled out to pay back for the bargain he chose, the little perverted devil :poop: he is now so proud to be. It's an awful spectacle🤦‍♂️

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom