General Chat For All To Read.

Kangal

New
Reaction score
Kangal lost his as he tried to ban everyone in what many saw as trying to hurt the site. I when I checked in just unbanned everyone, it took but a few moments.
Declan, I'm going to say this again. There was no indication that banning a user was going to have effect at the site level. There was no choice offered.
I presume that are just bringing this up again just to needle me.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
No, I am trying to explain the situation to @AUL LAD .

Why should I "needle" anyone.

Kangal

New
Reaction score
No, I am trying to explain the situation to @AUL LAD .

Why should I "needle" anyone.
Because you keep saying I tried to ban people from the site.

I assumed the ban function was just to my blog section. I did not expect it to apply to all the site. There was no indication it would be site wide.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
If I don't believe we went to the moon, why would you think I would believe that.

You tried to ban EVERYONE.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
The invitation is to have Val with his own blog section that he would mod himself. The same could apply to @AUL LAD, @tldr And some others.

It is straightforward enough. We are discussing the problem of derailing, spamming, and useless or disruptive posts. An example is just above, where someone posts a glib reply.

To take an example, @scolairebocht will put great effort into an opening post, only to see some clown come along and derail his thread. This is standard practice on discussion sites. The aim is to prevent serious discussion and end up with constant shythe talk.

So he was given his own area, where he could threadban rubbish posters. And other were too, even @Kangal.

So I suggested @valamhic have one for his input, as he for example was very successful in the early days campaigning against wind farms.(with help from me and we made a cd, which he handed to people in influence etc)

Then I said that you, or @tldr or anyone else could have the same facility. You two being the first that came into my head, as posters who might want to have a serious thread without it being derailed.

At the moment some posters who are not mods, have their own areas where they can mod their area.
Like @Coal Gas and peat , @Tiger and @David has been banned.

Kangal lost his as he tried to ban everyone in what many saw as trying to hurt the site. I when I checked in just unbanned everyone, it took but a few moments.
thank you for your reply -- i am a little paranoid as i see everything being banned -deleted all round me .
both the UK and Irish governments are bringing out ""hate "" laws which have nothing to do with hate .

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
thank you for your reply -- i am a little paranoid as i see everything being banned -deleted all round me .
both the UK and Irish governments are bringing out ""hate "" laws which have nothing to do with hate .
Well, remember, someone said that I expect people to read my mind.

Anyway, we are trying to set up a discussion area with half decent content. To give people a voice

And efforts like this are always going to have paid disrupters if it begins to gain traction.

All alternative sites of even small note, such as this, will be targeted

Kangal

New
Reaction score

Anyway, we are trying to set up a discussion area with half decent content. To give people a voice

And efforts like this are always going to have paid disrupters if it begins to gain traction.

I'd like to request my own blog then.
Correctly set up this time.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

Self-moderated blogs/threads are a great idea, take the main Ukraine thread for example, every time M1A2 was posting there it turned into a total shitshow.
Now he's been removed from that thread and has his own Ukraine War thread going where he can ban who he likes both threads are tipping along nicely and some decent discussions are taking place (on the main thread at least).
I'd ask @Declan to continue with this policy as it seems to be working well.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
@electricity @davidhasbeenbanned

Just to clarify for you,

Sarsfields is a US site, it does not come under EU law, GDPR does not apply to this site

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Does anyone know what site people are referring to when they say gaychat?
Is that politics.ie?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom