The Climate Change scam

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
How soon before the Green Lobby jumps on the Cork floods and uses Climate change as the reason?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
One thing for sure, we will never be told the truth. Same with the Merc at McDonalds Newbridge on August
15th last. The owner must have been bought off.
Yeah but, we can discover the truth by way of practical experiment!

Let's consider it a scrapheap challenge of sorts? Different scenario's can be rigged and tweaked to replicate the live car park / ship transport environments.
We can have one where a large diesel car can be made to go on fire when parked next to two EV's and the results recorded . . .
It'd be a difficult job to get a Diesel car to self combust in the way the news suggests actually happened, anyway if it did then it probably had an EV next to it and that caused the inferno.💥🔥🔥🔥

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I was referring to the fact that nothing can stop green zealots in the short term because they refuse to comply with the SEA Directive to assess their mad schemes. In the long term reality should stop them. They do not give up spending taxpayers money. Ryan said in the Dail he was experimenting. That is what the Directive was meant to prevent. When backed into a corner they will suggest some other mad alternative which will leave the previous model obsolete. Like a Lanz tractor or a steam train.
The free money spigot is turned off.
That's going to bring reality into vogue again.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I was referring to the fact that nothing can stop green zealots in the short term because they refuse to comply with the SEA Directive to assess their mad schemes. In the long term reality should stop them. They do not give up spending taxpayers money. Ryan said in the Dail he was experimenting. That is what the Directive was meant to prevent. When backed into a corner they will suggest some other mad alternative which will leave the previous model obsolete. Like a Lanz tractor or a steam train.
Agreed, but I feel even that zealotry might be losing its impact -

The headlong rush to net zero carbon emissions by 2050, pursued for so long by democratic governments across the globe regardless of cost, has finally hit the buffers of voter resistance.

It's an interesting read.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Yeah but, we can discover the truth by way of practical experiment!

Let's consider it a scrapheap challenge of sorts? Different scenario's can be rigged and tweaked to replicate the live car park / ship transport environments.
We can have one where a large diesel car can be made to go on fire when parked next to two EV's and the results recorded . . .
It'd be a difficult job to get a Diesel car to self combust in the way the news suggests actually happened, anyway if it did then it probably had an EV next to it and that caused the inferno.💥🔥🔥🔥
Cars of all types tend to self combust because of electrical faults causing shorts etc, and EVs are nothing but switches and batteries and motors and wiring.....

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Cars of all types tend to self combust because of electrical faults causing shorts etc, and EVs are nothing but switches and batteries and motors and wiring.....

Yeah but, we've not known such a fire as Luton occurring in a car park full of diesels & petrol vehicles?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Yeah but, we've not known such a fire as Luton occurring in a car park full of diesels & petrol vehicles?
Well yes, but we have to be careful to distinguish between the cause and the effect. It is reported that a Range Rover had flames billowing out of its underside as it drove around the car park, and that was the cause. Normally such a fire would be easily and quickly dealt with if it was a petrol/diesel car.

As yet there is no Electric Range Rover available (although there might well be prototypes running around) so we have to assume it was a petrol/diesel car that was on fire. This is not unknown, the Opel Zafira had a well documented habit of catching fire because of an inherent electrical fault under the dash.

If there were EVs nearby the burning vehicle and they caught alight then we are in a whole different ball game. Li-ion batteries will go into thermal runaway when heated and then there is the much more difficult problem of putting them out, and all you can do is cool them in the hope that it stops. These fires are not oxygen dependent, it is an internal chemical reaction.

So we are presented with two dangers, an EV catching alight because of a battery fault and an EV(s) contributing to a conflagration which cannot be dealt with by established methods. The presence of EVs in a car park will therefore contribute greatly to the damage and destruction even if they were not the initial cause, and that is a point that hitherto has not been mentioned in the MSM.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
If there were EVs nearby the burning vehicle and they caught alight then we are in a whole different ball game.

We can safely assume that's what happened - Diesel car bursts into flames ignites other cars including EV's!

From now on EV's need their own outdoor parking spaces safely away from all other sources of combustion?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
We can safely assume that's what happened - Diesel car bursts into flames ignites other cars including EV's!

From now on EV's need their own outdoor parking spaces safely away from all other sources of combustion?
I would guess so, and there own space on deck, on a ferry.

Interesting to note that one Norwegian ferry company banned EVs back in January, and Norway has the highest proportion of EVs in Europe, basically because they can afford them.

https://www.ctif.org/news/norwegian-shipping-company-bans-electric-cars-board-classic-ferry-route

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

A Prison for Electric Cars and their Owners.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Well he said his "partner" not his girlfriend or his missus. And no-one would let a woman go look at a car on her own.

I've no complaint though. His sexuality is his business (y)

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Well he said his "partner" not his girlfriend or his missus. And no-one would let a woman go look at a car on her own.

I've no complaint though. His sexuality is his business (y)
She would be awfully disappointed if I was.

valamhic

Reaction score
Agreed, but I feel even that zealotry might be losing its impact -

The headlong rush to net zero carbon emissions by 2050, pursued for so long by democratic governments across the globe regardless of cost, has finally hit the buffers of voter resistance.

It's an interesting read.
I do feel I am witnessing a public revolt OK. I have helped bring that time forward a little in Ireland.
As I feel I am winning, I might begin to exaggerate the problems. Tell a little lie here and there.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom