The Climate Change scam

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Tipping huge amounts of shit into a river is not doing so.
He's been doing it for years and says it does no harm to the Cavan watercourse.

Ear to the Ground the other night had a farmer from Kingscourt saying he was disgusted by a neighbouring farmer for doing it but that it costs 50k to put in a bigger tank.

There's a high chance he was talking about Val but perhaps Val doesn't have 50k lying about?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
He's been doing it for years and says it does no harm to the Cavan watercourse.

Ear to the Ground the other night had a farmer from Kingscourt saying he was disgusted by a neighbouring farmer for doing it but that it costs 50k to put in a bigger tank.

There's a high chance he was talking about Val but perhaps Val doesn't have 50k lying about?
Yeah but, the handy alternative is to dig down and make another pit, surely?, @valamhic and all?
val's new slurry pit.jpg
vals pit.jpg

Mad as Fish

Reaction score

valamhic

Reaction score
Great to know this thread is private. What if Dan made it public?

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
It can be done done but you have to be careful where you dig them and they have to be lined and fenced off, in fact I am not sure what the rules and regs are nowadays but I'd be surprised if you could get away with the above tbh.
But it's a measure designed as a back-up which would give farmers an option rather than dumping, as does my previous link. Both options farm more preferable to dumping?

Reminds me of my experience in trying to use the brand new state of the art recycling depot at ballyogan whose bureaucracy made it impossible for me to enter and prevented me in paying to recycle my domestic waste.
So I just cut up and compacted everything into paid general waste bags which . . . Worked out Cheaper and it was the only practical option which the new bureaucracy made available to me.

The fine line between Genius & Insanity?? = Irish Bureaucracy.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
But it's a measure designed as a back-up which would give farmers an option rather than dumping, as does my previous link. Both options farm more preferable to dumping?

Reminds me of my experience in trying to use the brand new state of the art recycling depot at ballyogan whose bureaucracy made it impossible for me to enter and prevented me in paying to recycle my domestic waste.
So I just cut up and compacted everything into paid general waste bags which . . . Worked out Cheaper and it was the only practical option which the new bureaucracy made available to me.

The fine line between Genius & Insanity?? = Irish Bureaucracy.

Here ye go, 73 pages of rules and regs on earth lined slurry stores -

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/95188_0d4450d1-56c7-4ede-9798-1ec349a49db5.pdf

valamhic

Reaction score
He's not really a farmer.
He has 10 acres that were left to him by his aunt and he sucks off the EU tit pretending to be a farmer.
Val is a retired corrupt copper. End of story.
I bought all the land at market value and inherited my traditional farm but paid a contribution to others.. Never got anything for nothing.

An aunt left me in her will 200 pounds Irish in 1993. Several others . I donated 100 to the Oblate white fathers in Cork and I spent it in Kerry

valamhic

Reaction score
Here ye go, 73 pages of rules and regs on earth lined slurry stores -

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/95188_0d4450d1-56c7-4ede-9798-1ec349a49db5.pdf
Great information above. I recommend you all read it .

valamhic

Reaction score
He's not really a farmer.
He has 10 acres that were left to him by his aunt and he sucks off the EU tit pretending to be a farmer.
Val is a retired corrupt copper. End of story.
I am preparing to buy 16 acres down the road but my family want me not to, It has an eeel pond.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with slurries entering waterways isn't bacteria (at least if it comes from grass fed cow manure) it's mainly that it contains so much nitrogen. This causes plants and algae to grow totally out of control and choke up water systems/deoxygenate them, especially if they are surface-covering weeds present. They cover the surface of the water and prevent oxygen dissolving into the water at the correct rate. Detergents also cause this to happen. This causes fish and invertebrates to die off.

Nature does everything in balance. You have to look and think hard about it to see the equilibrium unfolding.

Reactions: jpc

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Fishalt do you think Val's activity is good or bad for the environment?

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what he's doing.

If he's dumping slurry in the river, then yes, it's undoubtedly bad for the environment and likely extremely illegal. If you did that in Australia they'd throw the book at you.

However, we live in extremely different biospheres. Slurry dumping in a waterway in Australia is going to be dramatically worse than in the old country because what we call weeds here are more often than not species native to Europe.

Regardless, he shouldn't be doing it but Val doesn't exactly strike me as the type of person to give a solitary fuck about ecology and likely has virtually no understanding of natural systems at all. A good farmer understand everything about the land and is a good custodian of it. If you came to my property I could tell you, more or less, what every bird, animal, and plant species is, and what they feed, what they house, and what their role in the bioweb is.

valamhic

Reaction score
It helps to save you, I do it for your sake.

Slurry is added to the water course, As fishalt says it contains bacteria which you drink and get
cryptosporidium which renders your arshe unattractive to the black doctor in the hospital so he
leaves you alone.

valamhic

Reaction score
I don't know what he's doing.

If he's dumping slurry in the river, then yes, it's undoubtedly bad for the environment and likely extremely illegal. If you did that in Australia they'd throw the book at you.

However, we live in extremely different biospheres. Slurry dumping in a waterway in Australia is going to be dramatically worse than in the old country because what we call weeds here are more often than not species native to Europe.

Regardless, he shouldn't be doing it but Val doesn't exactly strike me as the type of person to give a solitary fuck about ecology and likely has virtually no understanding of natural systems at all. A good farmer understand everything about the land and is a good custodian of it. If you came to my property I could tell you, more or less, what every bird, animal, and plant species is, and what they feed, what they house, and what their role in the bioweb is.
It is not done as a matter of course, only when the tanks are full and there is no place to put it. It is illegal if you get caught. A court conviction would cause a fine imprisonment and ruin my good name as a model farmer outstanding in my own field.

valamhic

Reaction score
Does anyone agree with me that the Ukraine and Gaza wars have up scuttled the whole climate boondangle.

USA and Europe used to be the Bastian of climate hysteria, They thought they would get rid of Putin but he is still
there with no sign of quitting. So how will climate action square with the prospect of a Russian invasion of the EU

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
It is not done as a matter of course, only when the tanks are full and there is no place to put it. It is illegal if you get caught. A court conviction would cause a fine imprisonment and ruin my good name as a model farmer outstanding in my own field.
The obvious question I would ask is simply: Why not dig another pit?

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom