Books

Tiger

Reaction score
I imagine there’s a few bibliophiles on this forum who are well read and have a plethora of fascinating book recommendations in them. This is the thread for doing so.

I’ll get the ball rolling with Feargus O’Connor Greenwood’s conspiracy tome - ‘180 degrees, unlearn the lies you’ve been taught to believe’.

I imagine pretty much everyone on this forum would enjoy this book.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpeg
    IMG_0585.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
Another highly recommended book is Carrol Quigley’s Tragedy and Hope

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 51

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
I imagine there’s a few bibliophiles on this forum who are well read and have a plethora of fascinating book recommendations in them. This is the thread for doing so.

I’ll get the ball rolling with Feargus O’Baldy Greenwood’s conspiracy tome - 180 degrees, unlearn the lies you’ve been taught to believe. I imagine pretty much everyone on this forum would enjoy this book.
This arrived in the post today… its a real door-stopper

Tiger

Reaction score
Mods, can ye delete the ill informed, poorly judged off topic posts on this thread. It’s actually supposed to be a thread for book recommendations

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

I’ll get the ball rolling with Feargus O’Baldy Greenwood’s conspiracy tome - 180 degrees, unlearn the lies you’ve been taught to believe. I imagine pretty much everyone on this forum would enjoy this book.
Delingpole interviewed this guy recently. Pretty interesting background in finance

Tiger

Reaction score
Delingpole interviewed this guy recently. Pretty interesting background in finance
Yeah, I don’t agree with him entirely, but for sure his book is interesting for the most part. He’s good at piecing things together in a coherent narrative.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Nineteen Eighty Four. My old copy has sadly disintegrated with time, and me dipping into it, yet it cannot be denied that far from a warning it is now read as a manual by the cabal running the world. I feel this more every day.

Last edited:

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Nineteen Eighty Four. My old copy has sadly disintegrated with time, and me dipping into it, yet it cannot be denied that far from a warning it is now read as a manual by the cabal running the world.
Have you read Lord of this World, by Robert Benson? The original future dystopia. Predates 1984, and Brave New World.

I heard the WEF is looking to ban books also, because they hurt trees. So it seems Fahrenheit 451 is on the way also

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Have you read Lord of this World, by Robert Benson? The original future dystopia. Predates 1984, and Brave New World.

I heard the WEF is looking to ban books also, because they hurt trees. So it seem Fahrenheit 451 is on the way also
Can't say that I have, but I was also a great admirer of Brave New World, but not now as a lifetime of experience has shown that it was an uncomfortable hymn of praise for world government and strict control of the population using science rather than ideology as a basis for segregation and elitism. In an essay of Huxley's I later came across he was pointing to the necessity, as he saw it, for a one world government. Self appointed intellectuals like him would, of course, be running the kip. Basically it boils down to snobbishness

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
I am looking forward to their discussion about the Koran and Islam, their merits, or lack thereof. Any day now

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Anyway, listened to this Pod by Fr Mcteige about culture, reading and how we need to make quiet time for it all.

'Are we being Poisoned?'

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
A very good book I highly recommend.

The-Law-of-Defamation-Content_275x.jpg

Or for the more simple fools reading this.

97807645583062.jpg

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Mods, can ye delete the ill informed, poorly judged off topic posts on this thread. It’s actually supposed to be a thread for book recommendations
Yes. I will. Just ask, it is your thread.

(As an aside, obviously I know the Feeneys here, https://feeneybrothers.com/about/history/
They have 700 employees and could be worth a billion dollars)

Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
Another book worth reading is Douglas Murray’s - The Madness of Crowds book

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 42

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Can't say that I have, but I was also a great admirer of Brave New World, but not now as a lifetime of experience has shown that it was an uncomfortable hymn of praise for world government and strict control of the population using science rather than ideology as a basis for segregation and elitism. In an essay of Huxley's I later came across he was pointing to the necessity, as he saw it, for a one world government. Self appointed intellectuals like him would, of course, be running the kip. Basically it boils down to snobbishness
were not all those dystopian writers, orwell, huxley and wells writing not as warning but as blueprints what they wanted. Connected by the Fabian Society. I must go and look all that up again. Dont know about Ray Bradbury, i hope he was one of the good guys. These day I much prefer my JRR Tolkien.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom