Gombeen Ireland

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
This Gombeen deserves a second mention as does the show he hosted. The LLS could be described as variety entertainment and attempts to fulfill a variety of purposes covering cultural, musical, personal, comical, commercial and political slots throughout the show. It's a gombeens wonderland!
Why? It's the position of prominence that it holds as the Nations peak time VIP showcase, broadcasting on a late friday evening when families sit together it offers them the best of talent, stars, moral cause, national celebration and intelligent cultural discussion amongst others, but it often fails to deliver appropriately on important issues it highlights and highlights issues of irrelevant importance to the Nation - it's Steeped in biased favouritism & insider nepotism, that being the preserve of Gombeenism.

subsidy.jpg

I haven't paid attention to it for years bar reading filafilaws and many others animated criticisms and from that I gleaned, there hadn't been a decent show in many years, mush as i remembered it before then.
To me it was as if the show gathered the whole nations focused attention on a promise national excellence only yo be let down and passed off to stew regrettably stuck in front of a TV to be brainwashed by the gombeens choice of dubious tarted up but low class promotions and special commercial political interests of little or no benefit to much of the nations people.
The predatory, profiteering and illegitimate bad get to parade seamlessly with the decent, worthy and good and the telly Gombeen shamelessly manipulate the whole showcase. He did'nt fool many on the boards, not much counter argument ever surfaced. ;)

ETA: Just had to mention it after seeing all the Newspapers filled with countless articles and opinion pieces for the last 2 months.
Never ending Turgidy Subsidy🥴 - More Gombeenism in action.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
You don't have to go any further than this site to see it in action. There is only one non-gombeen in it.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom