Atheism, and the docility towards the state of modern Irish people

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know why you would say the Bishops went all quiet after 1829, if you read somebody like Archbishop MacHale he was a strong supporter of Repeal long after that date.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
I don't know why you would say the Bishops went all quiet after 1829, if you read somebody like Archbishop MacHale he was a strong supporter of Repeal long after that date.
McHale was the notable exception. Crolly and Browne of Kilmore were reflective of hierarchy in not supporting O'Connells efforts. So even when opposition to British control was strictly peaceful and political the Church largely would not lend its support.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Its by no means just MacHale, whatever about other independence movements definitely the Church were strong supporters of Daniel O'Connell pretty much at all times.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Aontu are controlled opposition, and not the only ones for sure. I have just been reading a twitter thread where John McGurk, who obviously runs gript, is very determinedly saying that there is no such thing as vaccine injury been involved in the excess deaths. I wonder whose interests he is following there!

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I didn't like that statement from Archbishop Martin on the PSNI.
He won't like the new Chief Constable

1693856911862-jpeg.185952

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom