New Runway

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I'm temporarily living in, well lets be generous and call it a Chaelt. (Really its two mobile homes on stilts stuck together) .

Its near St Margarets beside the airport. Well on my first night I awoke at 2am to an almighty roar which was literally shaking the place to pieces. The cups were dancing on the sideboard, the bed was hopping (no joke) up and down on the floor and I was convinced the aluminium roof was going to be lifted from above my head at any second.

A Plane had just taken off from the new runway adjacent and I swear it must've been low enough to hit it with a football. I've never heard anything like it.

Now I know why yer man rented it to me for practically zilch.

The long term residents in houses in this area must still be in shock since this new runway opened. There's no way you could live here long term. They must all be in the process of trying to sell up and get the hell out. But who in their right minds would buy?

The only solution is for the DAA to do the right thing and buy them out. Then they can sell the land to farmers or to the State for biodiversity or summat.

I'm getting the phukk outta here pronto. I don't think the tin can I'm living in will remain in one piece much longer.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Can you get a blindfold

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
A blindfold ain't gonna be much use. Its ear plugs I need. But they wouldn't shield the sound either. Its deafening.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Can you pretend to be ukrainian.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
It could work. Is it thermal and washable yearly.

T

twochinsmanyarses

Did you not think that was likely when you moved in next to an airport?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Did you not think that was likely when you moved in next to an airport?
Not the new runway, no Sir. If that runway had've been there all along there'd be no houses there. Its unlivable.

Those people need serious compensation from the DAA.

T

twochinsmanyarses

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Burglar alarms!! When they start chiming, the commercial premises or empty building will allow the alarm to siren loudly all weekend long, try stopping it, call the gardai, environment dept, CoCo's, head office - There's no one available or qualified to deal with it, no proper regulation, no remorse or proper responsibility from the authorities and perpetrators, no justice for sleeping anxious residents.
One thing thing that does stop a blaring siren is a repeat of sleepless nights, being ignored and ladders, drivers/cutters and a long heavy extended rod (if necessary) - it's the perfect motivation in assuring peace & quiet.
Peaceful Action - "Don't get mad, get even" Record the noise, record the DB levels, make broadcast quality samples and get a "Truth Trailer" to demonstrate the problem in the appropriate places!! 200W 400W 800W Audio Demo's
You know it makes sense DJ🤯

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
The DAA need look after those unfortunate Fingal folk.

When push comes to shove the people of St Margarets and on up to the Naul will tell you they're not Dubs nor never will be.

Its a hinterland that to this day hates the sight of the blue & navy fleg.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom