The New Flag.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
After returns from Ireland. I must comment on a strange thing. The Irish flag has changed shape, at least the ones I saw down at The Quays by the Liffey.
They are no long rectangular, they appear square if not even vertically rectangular.

Has anyone else noticed this.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen a few dodgy ones like that, as long as it isn't the rainbow one I don't mind. A few months ago the rainbow flag was absolutely all over Dublin, I think thousands of them...

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Yesterday I was out on Lexington Green and it looked like the US flag was stretched down as well.

Wolf

Reaction score
After returns from Ireland. I must comment on a strange thing. The Irish flag has changed shape, at least the ones I saw down at The Quays by the Liffey.
They are no long rectangular, they appear square if not even vertically rectangular.

Has anyone else noticed this.
Probably cheap Chinese shite produced by child labour then flown with pride by Thick Paddies...😂

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No, the shape has changed.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
When did it become this orange colour too? What ever happened to the Green White and Gold? A beautiful pale yellow representing the sun over Irelands green land instead this ‘peace with the Prods’ crap?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The flag is morphing in color and shape.

Skin the Goat

Reaction score
When did it become this orange colour too? What ever happened to the Green White and Gold? A beautiful pale yellow representing the sun over Irelands green land instead this ‘peace with the Prods’ crap?
Jesus. Foreigners really know nothing about the history of the Irish flag. 🙄

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Jesus. Foreigners really know nothing about the history of the Irish flag. 🙄
This is actual flag flown on the GPO during Easter Week in 1916. Captured by the British as trophy. Where's the Orange on that? But perhaps you know better than the Easter men?

1-the-captured-tricolour-from-the-GPO-Lisburn.png

Skin the Goat

Reaction score
This is actual flag flown on the GPO during Easter Week in 1916. Captured by the British as trophy. Where's the Orange on that? But perhaps you know better than the Easter men?

1-the-captured-tricolour-from-the-GPO-Lisburn.png
I'm more inclined to go with the people who introduced the flag:

"ON THE 7TH OF MARCH 1848, THOMAS FRANCIS MEAGHER FLEW A TRICOLOUR FLAG AT THE WOLF TONE CLUB IN WATERFORD CITY, WHERE IT FLEW CONTINUOUSLY FOR EIGHT DAYS AND NIGHTS BEFORE BEING REMOVED BY THE AUTHORITIES. ON THAT SAME DAY A TRICOLOUR WAS ALSO RAISED IN A PROCESSION TO THE HISTORIC VINEGAR HILL IN COUNTY WEXFORD. IN APRIL, MEAGHER, AS LEADER OF THE YOUNG IRELANDERS, BROUGHT THE TRICOLOUR PRESENTED TO HIM IN PARIS TO A DUBLIN MEETING."

‘THE WHITE IN THE CENTRE SIGNIFIED A LASTING TRUCE BETWEEN ORANGE AND GREEN. I TRUST THAT BENEATH ITS FOLDS THE HANDS OF THE IRISH CATHOLIC AND THE IRISH PROTESTANT MAY BE CLASPED IN GENEROUS AND HEROIC BROTHERHOOD.’​

THOMAS F. MEAGHER, 13 APRIL 1848​

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I remember around Euro 88/Italia 90 the orange part of the fleg used to be more yellow. If you look back at the matches you'll see it.

Also we used to call it green, white and gold instead of orange.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
PS The OPer spelled fleg wrong. He spelled it 'flag'.

Ms Catherine will explain to Dan and he might fix it (y)

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
It was always meant to be orange.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
I'm more inclined to go with the people who introduced the flag:

"ON THE 7TH OF MARCH 1848, THOMAS FRANCIS MEAGHER FLEW A TRICOLOUR FLAG AT THE WOLF TONE CLUB IN WATERFORD CITY, WHERE IT FLEW CONTINUOUSLY FOR EIGHT DAYS AND NIGHTS BEFORE BEING REMOVED BY THE AUTHORITIES. ON THAT SAME DAY A TRICOLOUR WAS ALSO RAISED IN A PROCESSION TO THE HISTORIC VINEGAR HILL IN COUNTY WEXFORD. IN APRIL, MEAGHER, AS LEADER OF THE YOUNG IRELANDERS, BROUGHT THE TRICOLOUR PRESENTED TO HIM IN PARIS TO A DUBLIN MEETING."

‘THE WHITE IN THE CENTRE SIGNIFIED A LASTING TRUCE BETWEEN ORANGE AND GREEN. I TRUST THAT BENEATH ITS FOLDS THE HANDS OF THE IRISH CATHOLIC AND THE IRISH PROTESTANT MAY BE CLASPED IN GENEROUS AND HEROIC BROTHERHOOD.’​

THOMAS F. MEAGHER, 13 APRIL 1848​

Who present the flag to Meagher in Paris. Did he not design it?

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Occasionally, differing shades of yellow, instead of orange, are seen at civilian functions. However the Department of the Taoiseach stated that is a misrepresentation that "should be actively discouraged"[8]

This is guidance issued by the office of the Taoiseach 2019. Surprised at globalists incumbents taking the time to be specific on the National Flag.

Hermit

Reaction score
I remember around Euro 88/Italia 90 the orange part of the fleg used to be more yellow. If you look back at the matches you'll see it.

Also we used to call it green, white and gold instead of orange.
I too remember very clearly around Italia 90 we all said "green, white & gold". I think the best explanation for the confusion is simply the fading of the orange colour, caused by weather/light, to appear yellow/gold. Also, cheap Italia 90 paraphernalia with dodgy colours - even the shade of green can vary from dark to bright. Wiki says the following:

Occasionally, differing shades of yellow, instead of orange, are seen at civilian functions. However the Department of the Taoiseach stated that is a misrepresentation that "should be actively discouraged"[8] and that worn-out flags should be replaced.[14] In songs and poems, the colours are sometimes enumerated as "green, white and gold" by using poetic licence.[15][16] Variants of different guises are utilised to include, for example, various emblems of Ireland, such as the presidential harp, the four provinces or county arms.[17][18]

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
In this video you can see the usual flag shape and then the new flag shape. Why they are doing this I don't know, but it really is the case that these flag poles are normally used for LGBT flags, almost all year round.

Attachments

• flag.mp4
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Thats it. I could not find video myself.

It is notthe color, it us the shape change that is striking.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom