The Tuam Septic hoax

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
New development here:

In today’s Irish Times, an article about Drag Queens came back to the subject of, you guessed it, the septic tank conspiracy theory.

The article essentially justified Drag shows for children because opposition to it is rooted in a time in the past when ‘hundreds of Irish children they are so intent on saving ended up in a septic tank’.

It is now a common belief in Ireland that nuns, with permission from the church, shoved the bodies of malnourished children (some of whom they had intentionally murdered (if not all)) by the hundreds (896 on the dot) into a septic tank in Tuam, with some of these bodies flushed down the toilet (possibly after being murdered).

In 2014, a now forgotten Irish Times article actually pointed out the absurdity of the claims.

Written by Rosita Boland, it was entitled Tuam mother and baby home: the trouble with the septic tank story.

The subheading said: Catherine Corless’s research revealed that 796 children died at St Mary’s. She now says the nature of their burial has been widely misrepresented.

It opens with:

‘I never used that word ‘dumped’,Catherine Corless, a local historian in Co Galway, tells The Irish Times. “I never said to anyone that 800 bodies were dumped in a septic tank. That did not come from me at any point. They are not my words.”

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Of course it is essentially a hoax, this article summarises the issues, I like to think: http://www.indymedia.ie/article/108089 and this lecture goes into more depth on it:
View: https://youtu.be/5FCFaP6GhoA

I live in Galway - more and more people here are wide to the truth you have been telling us for the last few years. I actually feel sorry for Catherine Corless - shes a broken woman now and knows the scum who run the media used her to push abortion. I hope she does the right thing.

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
The Galways are a crowd of conforming weaklings. There has been a huge gay problem in Connemara for years.

Neighbours would call into see neighbours and place a sign "Pol Cigre" at the back door which meant do not disturb. We can see that Dan and Idi are two Galweedits here and there is something wrong with them. The
county played no part in the war of independence. Keyboard courage is all they have. Dan will not fix Idi because
he is a county man.
You're getting more pathetic.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
The county played no part in the war of independence.
That's not quite true Sir. They had some successful actions such as at Ballyturin near Gort.

ploaquq4.jpg

At 27:25 below you will hear a brief description of the Ballyturin fight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30xtnE98_jE

Popular Threads

Top Bottom