Wolf

Reaction score
David is trying to get banned.........again.:ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Reaction score
LOL. Bot broke....again. :ROFLMAO:

Wolf

Reaction score
The alcoholic is so pissed he can't see that I haven't deleted any of my posts.
Just quoting his scutter so he can't delete and the powers that be can see the disgusting drunken bastard he truly is.

Wolf

Reaction score
Think I've quoted enough of Jimbo/Kangal's ravings.

@Declan can deal with him when he's online.

A truly embarrassing night for the alcoholic and indeed for the site.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Quick intro as to how AI works. The chart breaks down the process and gives some insight as to how it arrives at the results it does.

AI chart.gif

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Serious questions are now being asked by serious players. It's behind a paywall but the gist is that Apple is being put on the spot re its responsibilities for generative AI -

Given that the technology is not up to scratch, is not anywhere near a Minimum Viable Product standard, and costs so much to train and then run, it is about time that investors start asking very hard questions.

"The resolution calls for the tech giant to prepare a “transparency report” on AI and to disclose any ethical guidelines it has adopted in a report on its website. The resolution says: “AI may be used in ways that violate the privacy of customers and members of the public.
“AI may be used to generate deep fake media content that may result in the dissemination of false information in political elections.”"

tldr

Reaction score
There's been a very significant lawsuit brought by Elon Musk against Altman et al about a breach of the mission of OpenAI due to its sequestering and monetization.

Basically, the lawsuit proposes that Altman and Microsoft have essentially stolen OpenAI through the subversion of its corporate governance, presumably with the belief (because they're "systemically important") that it will be overlooked.

There is also a claim, due to information and belief (reasonable inference from available information), that general artificial intelligence has already been achieved through a product called Q* (pronounced Q Star). That's a big deal as it will displace a large proportion of the developed world's workforce.

This lawsuit will lift the veil as testimony and cross examination plays out.

We'll see what happens but just a note here to indicate that this will be part of the news cycle in the coming months and years. The below video is an introduction to it so you know broadly what's happening. It may seem a bit tedious but it's worth a watch if you want to keep abreast.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
There's been a very significant lawsuit brought by Elon Musk against Altman et al about a breach of the mission of OpenAI due to its sequestering and monetization.

Basically, the lawsuit proposes that Altman and Microsoft have essentially stolen OpenAI through the subversion of its corporate governance, presumably with the belief (because they're "systemically important") that it will be overlooked.

There is also a claim, due to information and belief (reasonable inference from available information), that general artificial intelligence has already been achieved through a product called Q* (pronounced Q Star). That's a big deal as it will displace a large proportion of the developed world's workforce.

This lawsuit will lift the veil as testimony and cross examination plays out.

We'll see what happens but just a note here to indicate that this will be part of the news cycle in the coming months and years. The below video is an introduction to it so you know broadly what's happening. It may seem a bit tedious but it's worth a watch if you want to keep abreast.

Lost the thread of the arguments about half way through, but I am not sure that AI will replace humans. Musk and Altman might like to think that they have created a new species that will come to dominate the earth but they focus only on its intelligence, not its ability to maintain or service itself. For comparison, nature only developed intelligence, as we recognise it, in the latter stages of evolution (as far as we know). Up until then it was all about maintaining a state of living rather than conscious thought.

In other words I think they are taking a very black and white mechanistic view, and that is not how the world works.

tldr

Reaction score
Lost the thread of the arguments about half way through, but I am not sure that AI will replace humans. Musk and Altman might like to think that they have created a new species that will come to dominate the earth but they focus only on its intelligence, not its ability to maintain or service itself. For comparison, nature only developed intelligence, as we recognise it, in the latter stages of evolution (as far as we know). Up until then it was all about maintaining a state of living rather than conscious thought.

In other words I think they are taking a very black and white mechanistic view, and that is not how the world works.

Sorry about that. Below is a better video. It's not so much about AGI as the details of the lawsuit.

Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
Apparently 'Prompt Engineer' is now a job title for people who type words into AI Generators ... or as they would put it, “it is an occupational designation for humanoid citizens who input a complex system of syllables into a digital machine via a network of flesh digits” 😂😂

tldr

Reaction score
Altman and OpenAI returned fire to Musk's lawsuit. The immediate reaction is recorded in the video here. There seems to be a lot of information in it that would send Musk's legal team to the "Why You No" meme.

In any case, there are going to be very elite law firms engaged on both sides so there's bound to be a to and fro which is why I held my counsel. In the meantime, Musk has released the Grok AI open source code to the internet which is described in the below video.

Is it the democratisation of the potential of AI and a means to counteract the use of AI to dominate social/economic/power relations or is it the opening of a Pandora's Box?

Whichever it is, it seems significant. It's something like the development and roll-out of the internal combustion engine at the end of the C19th.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom