Costs of Living 2023

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Reading the I.T. headlines this morning and noticed an article suggesting that 'Ireland is amongst the European countries which have the most expensive electricity bills', What does that mean?
Sudden it occurred then Ireland has to be one of the most expensive countries in the World for Bills!!
Let's keep up to date on Costs, Prices, Charges & Taxes 🤑

Tiger

Reaction score
Reading the I.T. headlines this morning and noticed an article suggesting that 'Ireland is amongst the European countries which have the most expensive electricity bills', What does that mean?
Sudden it occurred then Ireland has to be one of the most expensive countries in the World for Bills!!
Let's keep up to date on Costs, Prices, Charges & Taxes 🤑
We have a knack for winning the highest scores in the shittest categories…

Most expensive cars, highest rate of immigration per head of population, highest Covid jab uptake etc…

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
The costs of freedom of information? I couldn't access today's article but the one from last year is just as relevant

Mon Nov 21 2022 - 19:44
Irish electricity prices are among the highest in a newly published survey of charges in European and other countries.
British heating and electrical equipment supplier Boxt found that Irish people pay 18.99 pence sterling (20.89 cent) a kilowatt hour (KW/h) for energy.
This puts consumers in the Republic just behind those in the UK, who are charged 19.31p, but means Irish people pay more for electricity than residents of big European countries including Germany and Spain. . .

Again, Just had the realisation, It's right up there with the most expensive - In the World.
Make of it what you will.

greeny power.jpg

electricity prices.jpg

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
The cost of not having a TV license despite having no TV is . . .

. . .
A vulnerable mum was left “traumatised” after being “dragged barefoot in her pyjamas” from her home on foot of a lapsed warrant over an unpaid TV licence fine.
The 44-year-old’s sister, Natasha Douglas, has hit out at gardai for the way they arrested her sibling and says the incident has had a devastating effect on her.
The woman, who has mental health issues, was taken from her home and detained in a holding cell at the district court for several hours.
But as soon as the case came before the judge later that afternoon, he immediately struck it out.

. . .“My sister, with no criminal record, was hand- cuffed... She was confused and didn’t know what was going on.
“She does not have a TV or radio because of her mental health issues. Plus she’s on disability allowance so she is exempt from paying for a TV licence.”
The case against Natasha’s sister, for non-payment of a TV licence fine, was first listed at Bray District Court in June 2016.

That's "RTE supporting the Arts" - are they supporting the art of war, enforcing martial arts, literally 'twisting arms', the dark arts?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
When I was gassing up yesterday I glanced at The Boston Herald newspaper, now about A4 size. It was $4.50.

It was 25c about 40 years ago. No wonder I NEVER see anyone out reading it. They must at home though, some anyway.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
When I was gassing up yesterday I glanced at The Boston Herald newspaper, now about A4 size. It was $4.50.

It was 25c about 40 years ago. No wonder I NEVER see anyone out reading it. They must at home though, some anyway.
The racing post is €5:50 here now...... needless to say I don't buy it anymore.......a large americano is €3:30 here

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

It'd be interesting to compare the classified's and other advertising for content and price$ and how the value compares.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom