Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1625503467874947076

CzfCTglUoAEzDSz.jpg

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
That'll have little effect except into the very distant future. Choose carefully now so your car may see 30yrs+ up till 2050
The way other technologies are advancing - I guess it doesn't matter any more.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Why so so many people believe this will never happen? It is the law, am missing something? Toyota garages have no
petrol or diesel cars now.
Oh?! . . . Well in a way that sort of goes to demonstrate my point and Toyota's worthy reputation - No need to buy a new one because the Toyota you have will last way past the 2035 cut off.
A current five year old Toyota will keep going till 2048 ffs😉
What's needed though are local innovations, necessity being the driver of invention an' all.

M

Mad as Fish

Why so so many people believe this will never happen? It is the law, am missing something? Toyota garages have no
petrol or diesel cars now.
As I understand it has to go back to the EU commission to become law, the EU Parliament is just a talking shop. Also, there aren't the resources to make the switch, as for Toyota then they can go feck themselves, and VW.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mad as Fish

They'll likely be given no choice. Already there are manufacturers that are making only electric cars.
They would have committed themselves years ago, I should imagine there are a few squeaky bums in boardrooms at the moment.

What we need to remember is that companies are run by people, and people get things wrong. We have got to get up and shout our displeasure, this could be the issue that blows the scam wide open.

willow

Reaction score
Diesel technology is the best and safest way to provide mass transport for individuals and services. Any fool buying an electric vehicle is clearly a braindead sheep and lost to humanity per definition. In all likelihood shot up to the gills with the fifth clotshot
By the time all this waste of paper would come into law - there will be no EU anymore anyways.
I still own an 86 Golf. Diesel. She will run on salad oil if needed and cannot be switched off remotely. Which is exactly why they are pushing that ev nonsense.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Diesel technology is the best and safest way to provide mass transport for individuals and services. Any fool buying an electric vehicle is clearly a braindead sheep and lost to humanity per definition. In all likelihood shot up to the gills with the fifth clotshot
By the time all this waste of paper would come into law - there will be no EU anymore anyways.
I still own an 86 Golf. Diesel. She will run on salad oil if needed and cannot be switched off remotely. Which is exactly why they are pushing that ev nonsense.
86 golf you say ......1.6 diesel 4 speed gearbox ? A sweet ride indeed

M

Mad as Fish

A glimmer of sense on the horizon -

BRUSSELS, March 3 (Reuters) - European Union countries have delayed a planned vote next week on the bloc's landmark law to end sales of new CO2-emitting cars in 2035 after Germany questioned its support for the rules.

No new date for the vote was given and a spokesperson for Sweden, which holds the EU's rotating presidency, said EU countries' ambassadors would return to the topic "in due time".

willow

Reaction score
Is she able to keep up with modern traffic M'lady?

I've seen how those lunatics down in Kerry drive. They're probably constantly up your ass.
Tbf. She's declared off the road atm. I commute in something a little snazzier, but with much less personality. But the old girl still runs like a dream.

M

Mad as Fish

Panic over, for now. The council of ministers put a stop to the nonsense so it's been put on the long finger for the time being.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom