Fishalt Scores:

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Sean Strickland vs Dricus Duplessis: UFC 297

R1: Lots of feeling out. Sean checked every low kick. Cleaner effective striking from strickland, large right hand lands for Sean to close the round. Duplessis hit a TD but it went nowhere, no control time. Duplessis already lightly scrapd up from Jabs. 10-9 Strickland.

R2: Better round for Duplessis, seems to be reading distance better but he's still eating a lot of short straights and Jabs, and getting checked. Cut over Sean's eye from a left hook he couldn't quite totally lean back from. Duplessis hit another TD that went nowhere. 10-9 Duplessis.

R3: Sean still playing safe. Close fight. Better clean effective striking from Sean this round also, closes with a solid left hook. Could go either way on the cards but Dricus is really only landing on the arms, and ring generalship which dricus did dominate isn't scored unless no fighter showed an advantage, which Sean did. 10-9 Strickland.

Edit:

R4: Clear round for Duplessis here. Nice lead elbow has Sean cut and leaking, hit multiple TD's and though he did take return fire, Sean definitely got the worst of it. Probably all comes down to this final round. 10-9 Duplessis.

R5: Definitely Sean's round. Landed some heavy elliptical strikes, jabs, stuffed all TD'S. Showed more urgency and octagon control.10-9 Strickland.

Well, I have it 3-2 Strickland, but I feel like the judges are going to score the blood here and hand it to Dricus. We shall see. Wouldn't be a total robbery, but the judges will need to get it right for a fair decision.

Edit: Looks like my gut was right. Dricus by split. Feel bad for Sean. I don't think he had a good cut and better judging would have given him the nod.

Last edited:

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Stats seem to be on my side here. Kind of what it looked like; Strickland making Duplessis miss a lot, edging out the rounds all bar a couple with overall cleaner and more impactful striking.

UFC has a tendency to get the champs they want though, and Sean has been a thorn in their side since he took the belt. Not really shocked. I am shocked that Greasy Sal had it for Strickland however. Hard to see how Dricus won when he got outlanded especially in sig strikes. He had one big round.

1705826625550.png

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Fishalt why have you started this thread when there's already a Combat Sports thread?

Popular Threads

Top Bottom