Gript will now be starring Kevin Myers.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems like a good development to me..

I mean, Myers was pretty grovelling in his apology I think, but if they're hiring a known anti-Semite, what's wrong with that? 🤔

He is not an anti-Jewish anti-Semite as such- he was adored by roc_, Anglophile, etc as someone who "stood up for Jews".

Wolf

Reaction score
He is not an anti-Jewish anti-Semite as such- he was adored by roc_, Anglophile, etc as someone who "stood up for Jews".
Jaysus..Anglophile..😂
I'd forgotten about that moron.😂

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
He was cancelled because of antisemitism, no?

He was fired for saying that Jewesses are good at not underselling themselves unlike women from other groupings.

Does that count as anti-Jewish anti-Semitism? The "Campaign Against Antisemitism" decided that it was and the mainstream media went along with that judgement.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
He was fired for saying that Jewesses are good at not underselling themselves unlike women from other groupings.

Does that count as anti-Jewish anti-Semitism? The "Campaign Against Antisemitism" decided that it was and the mainstream media went along with that judgement.
Myers was setup for a fall.
I'd guess the people in the campaign against Antisemitism knew nothing of his background or stances.
They pronounced and that is that.
One of most pro Israel Irish journalists who put ink to paper.
In fact
He'll be a good contrarian voice in the media.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Myers was setup for a fall.
I'd guess the people in the campaign against Antisemitism knew nothing of his background or stances.
They pronounced and that is that.
One of most pro Israel Irish journalists who put ink to paper.
In fact
He'll be a good contrarian voice in the media.

They couldn't care less about Ireland. Some actress and presenter saw it and had a tizzy and rang them up and that was that.

His "contrarian" stuff though has all been childish and actually a lot of it has been in the service of the "Powers that Be". Plus he is not witty.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
They couldn't care less about Ireland. Some actress and presenter saw it and had a tizzy and rang them up and that was that.

His "contrarian" stuff though has all been childish and actually a lot of it has been in the service of the "Powers that Be". Plus he is not witty.
You don't like him it's fair to say!

free and clean

Reaction score
Gript's selling point is that it's anti-shitlib PC "woke" culture and opposed to mass immigration - and Myers, for all his faults, is very good on this stuff. Most people opposed to shitlib woke culture and mass immigration couldn't give a shite about his views on Palestine or the North.

willow

Reaction score
I have always respected Myers' opinions. Disagreed at times, but mostly agreed. The cancelling he got for innocuous comments re that moose Vanessa Feltz should have served as a warning for all who love free speech and plurality of opinion.
I don't read gript. But for Myers I will make an exception. Good for them to give him a voice.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Delingpole had a good podcast this week with ‘Scrumpmonkey’, English nationalists with a YouTube account. They were doing a good take down of Tory party operations to corral the English dissident scene with media fronts like Unherd, Podcast of the Lotus Eaters and GBNews and traced it back to the Tories etc.

The whole time I was thinking ‘in Ireland it’s called Gript’. It’s a pity as I do like Matt Tracey’s stuff on Gript, but then I will listen too to Neil Oliver off GBNews.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score

He single handily fought the cause of the Irish/British soldier which was a lonely outpost and he raised the profile of the "" other garden of remembrance"" which was very pointedly not remembered until queen Elizabeth paid it a visit and was introduced to Mr Myers on site on TV .
i will forever remember his article in the Irish times about his singular trip on a double Decker bus to Tallaght where he met and had to converse with people who had never and would never buy the Irish times in their lifetimes .
it did not go well and Mr Myers swore he would never attempt a bus journey again in Ireland .
he was despised by many journalists as he went his own way and his insights were too right wing --to honest at times and too English snob at other times .
we were not English --did not speak his queens English -- he did not get our humor we did not get his English humor --it sounded condescending to our ears .
he was in our unspoken Irish rule book a required English presence during the troubles to allow ""the English "" view to give sort of balance sort of to the times .
when the troubles were over we unconsciously questioned the need for Mr Myers and he became a public irritant to many and he began to attract criticism on a regular basis .
the lefty's wanted rid of him yesterday big time and they got rid of him when given half a chance .
he educated us all by his demise --almost nobody came to his defense and George Hook was also got rid of in a similar fashion and i remember him stuttering on radio that he was a life member of the Macabees club and could not be more Jewish friendly.
-- it was so bad and truly sad his career was over like Myers for nothing but it could be interpreted by those who wished to interpret it t as anti antisemitism.
i was waiting for him to say he was going to go out and get circumcised by a rabbi --it was pitiful and that was the last we heard of him --no body of journalists told these vicious fuckers to fuck off .
and now Myers rises in the most despised corner of journalism in Ireland -- we will see how it goes.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
I cannot believe that McGuirk would be this stupid- he must know how loathed Kevin Myers is by a lot of his readership and how the Shinners will use this no end to attack Gript.

View: https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status/1747971494594961504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1747971494594961504%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

John mc gurk is teetering on being put behind a ignore firewall by the powers that be and he needs to broaden his base --but not with an another unknown -- Myers gives him a certian class he has moved mainstream with Myers its harder to dismiss gript now.

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score
I have always respected Myers' opinions. Disagreed at times, but mostly agreed. The cancelling he got for innocuous comments re that moose Vanessa Feltz should have served as a warning for all who love free speech and plurality of opinion.
I don't read gript. But for Myers I will make an exception. Good for them to give him a voice.
Good for him to give them a voice might also be accurate -- i do not like Myers --i dedect he does not respect us irish .

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom