Inflation Watch

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Post your inflation stories here, also any tips for bargains or alternatives to rising costs.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Excellent thread. What is holding inflation down somewhat now is actually dramatic contraction of the money supply.

M2 money supply is actually falling which is a very rare event.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I was out and about after the parade two weeks ago. There was very few people downtown. A lot of bars did not make the megabucks of years past..

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I was out and about after the parade two weeks ago. There was very few people downtown. A lot of bars did not make the megabucks of years past..
It's getting pretty god-awful here in Aus.

Went out for drinks at a local pub (admittedly, upmarket) and spent 350$. Had a steak for lunch, the rest was booze. I was paying 17$ for a pint of Canadian Club on tap, 10$ a pop for beer.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A new tire for my suburban yesterday, $337 after mounting and disposal. I paid less for my first car

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
A new tire for my suburban yesterday, $337 after mounting and disposal. I paid less for my first car
That was shockingly expensive , I don't know how on earth it could be that expensive ......I think I'm going to have to raise this matter in the Auto thread

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A suburban is a huge vehicle and the tire is big. But, I will be shopping around for the other 3.

16804803193145132319861881953231.jpg

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
A suburban is a huge vehicle and the tire is big. But, I will be shopping around for the other 3.

View attachment 904
Return after 50 miles???

If that policy was in place in Australia people would be doing it literally every week.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I didn't even notice that.

So to change 4 times will cost about $1350!!!!!!!!

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't even notice that.

So to change 4 times will cost about $1350!!!!!!!!
There's no way. Surely. To flip the wheels/check alignment? I'm more blown away by the fact the recommendation is 50 Miles. That's ridiculous. That's 80KM...I do more than that when I go for a fish up the coast. That absolutely cannot be right. They probably just mean there's a one-off 50Mile check which is free and after that the recommendation changes.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
There's no way. Surely. To flip the wheels/check alignment? I'm more blown away by the fact the recommendation is 50 Miles. That's ridiculous. That's 80KM...I do more than that when I go for a fish up the coast. That absolutely cannot be right. They probably just mean there's a one-off 50Mile check which is free and after that the recommendation changes.
You are misunderstanding, they want you to return after 50 miles so they can double check that your lug nuts are as tight as they should be. otherwise you will be on a video with your wheel falling off.

Yes, my vehicle is expensive to run, it is a high end luxury large SUV. It is the one used to transport VIPs

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
It's getting pretty god-awful here in Aus. Went out for drinks at a local pub (admittedly, upmarket) and spent 350$. Had a steak for lunch, the rest was booze. I was paying 17$ for a pint of Canadian Club on tap, 10$ a pop for beer.
That's insane dude.

Went down to Spoons yesterday and was paying €1.85 per pint of 6% rocket fuel.

Was pissed on a tenner!

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
except cavanmen are 52 euro chaper than they were 1200 years ago, worse the pricks are getting.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Curry crow is a delicacy in cavan chinese takeaways

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom