Michael D Higgins calling out the drift to Nato

tldr

Reaction score
Sorry that was me being sarcastic !
If Derry and Belfast are vaporised.
It really doesn't matter.
The other Times
London New York are vaporised as well.

Well, I do take your posts seriously and it was a valid suggestion - being the sort of topic deserving of a public letter.

I know the old "why don't you write a letter" line alright but there is an undertow in the Dáil to drag us into the latest entanglement that is alarming.

Now, it's not just me in the country and sure the place isn't subject to my whims. There are other people in it and if the majority wants this then I suppose that's the way it'll be. In this eventuality,, although I'm no "detabilizer enjoyer", there is always this point Morgoth makes:

'The Big Hope is that war and bloodshed will result in internal pressures being placed on the Regime that will result in a circulation of Elites and a situation wherein the West is governed by either friendlies or at least a cabal of people marginally less insane than who we have now.'

This is the light at the end of the surrender of neutrality. I'm just out of military age and I won't be participating so it's not the skin off my nose that'll be lost. Sure the apocalypse won't reach me until a couple of months after it's happened. Still, I'll not aid and abet such a scheme lest it endanger the hope that I have for the salvation of my soul.

The principal issue here is whether militarisation will be slipped in without a proper public debate via a timid or ignorant citizenry and some "national civic forum" salted with regime trustees. We can at least give the subject an airing prior to it being railroaded through.

Once Michael D is gone there'll be no backbone in the political establishment to resist pressures to lead its population (namely us) by the nose into an era of blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpc

tldr

Reaction score

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say.
My respect for the man is growing!

Popular Threads

Top Bottom