Michael D Higgins calling out the drift to Nato

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
8dqow4.jpg

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Do you think if the Brits are talking of conscription that full member of the EU, Ireland is going to duck out of its responsibility?

And who'd have any sympathy for them?
The British Army has maintained for years that conscription does not endow professionalism, and the army has long prided itself on that.

tldr

Reaction score
The British Army has maintained for years that conscription does not endow professionalism, and the army has long prided itself on that.

There are numerous reasons why we should be stubbornly against the removal of neutrality, not least because of the character of our reputation in the world. But there's also the danger of being included in a target set for a nuclear strike.

If there's a total war (which is likely in a great powers' conflict) then they will funnel personnel into it whether they're volunteers or not. Just look at Ukraine and Russia. Once conflicts scale up this will be the option and it won't be whether or not to do it, it'll be how fast it can be done. Attrition is the name of the game.

This is something we should demonstrate against - an objective that we can all agree on. Bringing Ireland into a military alliance will serve the careers of politicians in the Dáil, and we're already being drifted in that direction. There is no real opposition to it in the political system other than the brats on the far left and a few independents. There has to be push back by the citizenry now.

We need to put aside all our pet hates and concentrate on this because once the world shifts it will be tectonic. I was in a march once before at the very beginning of all this stupid on my own initiative and got nothing but grief for it. I'd be willing to march again on this subject.

tldr

Reaction score
'A new study using AI in foreign policy decision-making found how quickly the tech would call for war instead of finding peaceful resolutions. Some AI in the study even launched nuclear warfare with little to no warning, giving strange explanations for doing so.

“All models show signs of sudden and hard-to-predict escalations,” said researchers in the study. “We observe that models tend to develop arms-race dynamics, leading to greater conflict, and in rare cases, even to the deployment of nuclear weapons.”'

AI Deployed Nukes 'to Have Peace in the World' in Tense War Simulation - Gizmodo

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

Ireland and Nato enter new agreement to counter Russia threat​

Deal gives Ireland greater access to Nato resources, including sensitive intelligence, but is not a step towards full membership, Government insists​

Expand
PXDHGGED77HQDIEY6OEXA6WRUI.jpg

Russia's president Vladimir Putin: Ireland has entered a new agreement with Nato aimed at protecting subsea infrastructure and countering threats from aggressive nations such as Russia. Photograph: Alexander Kazakov/Pool/AFP via Getty Images
Conor Gallagher
Fri Feb 9 2024 - 06:00
Ireland has entered a new agreement with Nato aimed at protecting subsea infrastructure and countering threats from aggressive nations such as Russia.
The new streamlined agreement, replaces a more complex collection of protocols between Ireland and Nato. It will last until 2028 and will give Ireland greater access to Nato resources, including sensitive intelligence. However, the Government insists it is not a step towards full membership of the defence alliance

AUL LAD

New
Reaction score

Ireland and Nato enter new agreement to counter Russia threat​

Deal gives Ireland greater access to Nato resources, including sensitive intelligence, but is not a step towards full membership, Government insists​

Expand
PXDHGGED77HQDIEY6OEXA6WRUI.jpg

Russia's president Vladimir Putin: Ireland has entered a new agreement with Nato aimed at protecting subsea infrastructure and countering threats from aggressive nations such as Russia. Photograph: Alexander Kazakov/Pool/AFP via Getty Images
Conor Gallagher
Fri Feb 9 2024 - 06:00
Ireland has entered a new agreement with Nato aimed at protecting subsea infrastructure and countering threats from aggressive nations such as Russia.
The new streamlined agreement, replaces a more complex collection of protocols between Ireland and Nato. It will last until 2028 and will give Ireland greater access to Nato resources, including sensitive intelligence. However, the Government insists it is not a step towards full membership of the defence alliance
historically our enemy has never been Russia --in all our history they have never done us a bad turn and i know from speaking to Russians they are European and wish to be seen as a European country and they badly and earnestly wish closer relationships with us .
America owes its existence to the Russians as when England attacked them in order to enslave them and force them to use the pound instead of the dollar at the criminal bank of England exchange rate --- the czar sent his Atlantic fleet to new York and his pacific fleet to San Francisco to defend America which had no navy as they were too young a country .
this stopped the British starving America as the Hudson was the artery of America everything went in and out using the Hudson .
America survived and they never mention the only country which came to its aid militarily in its history on its own soil.
the yanks are pathetic their bibles have Israel inserted into them a country 70 years old in text 2 thousand years old and the person who inserted it was a known criminal who deserted his wife and children .
their history books do not mention what the Russians did for them as the people who inserted Israel in their bibles took out any good reference to Russia available to the average yank in order to get the yanks to pay to wage war against the ""ENEMY"" every 30 seconds there is a reference to Russia --if you spilled your coffee or ran out of jacks paper the Russians did it the bastards .

tldr

Reaction score
'Nuclear War Simulator is a bit like Kerbal Space Program, only it's about nuclear annihilation and not technically a game.'

This 'professional' end-of-the-world simulator is now available on Steam - PC Gamer

Want a try - if you don't have steam then the second link is to a free download from the go-to internet site for open source software.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1603940/Nuclear_War_Simulator/

https://nuclear-war-simulator.en.softonic.com/

Derry and Belfast get nuked according to the standard model. Ériu will not be pleased.

tldr

Reaction score
Reuters try to talk this down but it's a card in the pack that will be played when they tire of milling around.

Also, Vote No in the referendum on March 8th - it's a trap.

'Macron's comments at a late-night news conference, after he hosted a meeting of Western leaders to rally support for Ukraine, fitted with his reputation as a diplomatic disruptor who likes to break taboos and challenge conventional thinking.

By declining on Monday night to rule out putting Western boots on the ground in Ukraine, Macron was challenging the prevailing view that such a move would gravely escalate the risk of a global war between NATO and Russia.

His comments may turn out to be prescient and pave the way for greater direct Western involvement in the war in Ukraine against Russia’s invasion sometime down the line.'

Macron's Ukraine troop talk shakes up NATO allies - Reuters

Reactions: jpc

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
'Nuclear War Simulator is a bit like Kerbal Space Program, only it's about nuclear annihilation and not technically a game.'

This 'professional' end-of-the-world simulator is now available on Steam - PC Gamer

Want a try - if you don't have steam then the second link is to a free download from the go-to internet site for open source software.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1603940/Nuclear_War_Simulator/

https://nuclear-war-simulator.en.softonic.com/

Derry and Belfast get nuked according to the standard model. Ériu will not be pleased.

Write a letter to the Irish Times!

tldr

Reaction score
Write a letter to the Irish Times!

I've been thinking about this suggestion. I don't want to go near the IT but perhaps it would be appropriate to write a letter to my local TDs and the Minister.

I occasionally check on what some English bloke that goes by the handle Morgoth's Review writes. Now, any mention of him would not be well received in government circles but, while I'm not in his constituency, I do think he has some intelligent things to say.

By some chance of fate I find myself frequently listening to what is described as the right wing discourse, although I would never have put myself on this spectrum before rather describing myself as an Irish civic republican in political affiliation. The reason for this is that the "left" is dull, intellectually bankrupt and not a little sinister these days. And so I seem to be a fellow Coelacanth - though of a different species.

There's an article he wrote called The Online Right's Kobayashi Maru Test that makes for an interesting read. Here's one option.

Keep Your Head Down

After trying and failing to argue against escalation, many people will simply knuckle down and try to avoid suspicion and censorship. Hostilities will be framed within the context of grand tragedy that could have been avoided. The discourse will become aloof and primarily focused on cultural, artistic, or philosophical matters. Here, we shall find discreet real-world organizing and a dedication to pragmatically surviving the unfolding horror rather than poking our ruling class in the eye.

Better that we remain a neutral country to avoid all this, isn't it?

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this suggestion. I don't want to go near the IT but perhaps it would be appropriate to write a letter to my local TDs and the Minister.

I occasionally check on what some English bloke that goes by the handle Morgoth's Review writes. Now, any mention of him would not be well received in government circles but, while I'm not in his constituency, I do think he has some intelligent things to say.

By some chance of fate I find myself frequently listening to what is described as the right wing discourse, although I would never have put myself on this spectrum before rather describing myself as an Irish civic republican in political affiliation. The reason for this is that the "left" is dull, intellectually bankrupt and not a little sinister these days. And so I seem to be a fellow Coelacanth - though of a different species.

There's an article he wrote called The Online Right's Kobayashi Maru Test that makes for an interesting read. Here's one option.

Morgoths stuff is very good. Its the one substack that I actually have a paid subscription too.

I'd recommend these guys too. In the same English nationalist vein but its the freshest stuff I have to listen to in a while from the UK. A bit tired of the Podcast of Lotus Eaters and Paul Joseph Watson.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mAyeuX8dHQ

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry that was me being sarcastic !
If Derry and Belfast are vaporised.
It really doesn't matter.
The other Times
London New York are vaporised as well.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom