Origins Thread (Uncensored)

Tiger

Reaction score
Out of the two of us, I am the only one who is degree educated (BSc). I doubt you have a Group Cert.
We’ll this is not the first time you’ve been wrong this evening 😂

I’m going to have fun in the coming weeks using your own (atheist/evolutionary) claims against you.

Tiger

Reaction score
I have said nothing about evolution in our exchange (your embarrassment) today. That is a different matter.. in which you also make a fool of yourself.
Over the coming weeks I’m going to show that you have decided to abandon empirical evidence, the scientific method, and Reason herself in embracing a quasi-medieval philosophical ontology.

Tiger

Reaction score

Tiger

Reaction score
WTF are you babbling about now 🤣
Obviously your “50/50” reply suggests it’s going to take time to educate you this matter, but as I’m a nice guy I’ll post some basic videos on the subject tomorrow.

Then when we think you have grasped the basics we’ll start applying it to things.

tldr

Reaction score
Would any other theist like to have a go?

There must be someone else out there of better calibre than Wendy.. How about Toby? (@tldr)

You've been getting something of a drubbing here. Are you insensible to it? It's extraordinary to observe.

So, you'd like me to comment. Is this because you want to open out the debate or because you want attention? In either case, let's try this line of argument - along a mathematical theme.

Now, most of us are not able to do advanced mathematics - some certain people, quite a small proportion of us, are able to engage in this sort of figuring. They, effectively, have the aptitude for it while most don't. We can be schooled up to a point but are not be able to "enter" its "stream".

Take for example the following video:

Sort of makes sense to me, but not much. There's a quote from someone sometime that goes 'Just because I cannot read Italian, does this mean that I can say that an Italian book is an empty one." This means that just because we are not able to read in a different language, does not mean that the book has no content - it is solipsistic and vain to dismiss it.

Now, advanced mathematics has a reality although you cannot measure it with scientific instruments - you can only look for the evidence of its effects and deduce from those effects that it had predictive capacity. If an engineer does not respect the rules of mathematics when designing a bridge, that bridge will be liable to catastrophic collapse especially if constructed laxly.

Many extraordinary things have been made possible with the revelations of maths that we often take for granted. For example, do you know how the different parts of a microwave work together in order to heat your dinner? Probably not much of an understanding but yet the dinner gets warm.

The same with a desalination plant, do you understand the materials science that goes on to create the membrane that can remove the salt from cubic metres of water a day. Likewise, probably not much and if it was explained to you it would all be a bit confusing.

Without different branches of mathematics being applied in the engineering of these two items they would not have been possible.

The same with the perception of the Divine. It is opaque to most of us. That does not mean it does not have an action in the world.

Even the most lofty and self assured acolytes of scientism have to confront themselves with the proposition that the reason they are so certain of the sovereignty of materialism is because they lack the aptitude to perceive and enter the stream of the Divine. With the erosion of Christian culture and catechesis - even the most rudimentary appreciation is tenuous at best in a civilisation running low on its cultural capital.

The best they can do is to see what happens when there is a absence of an adherence to Its Laws. And so, the beginning of an argument with them cannot be based on personal revelation, but on the effects in the world. This is similar to how we would argue with someone (without an aptitude or learned appreciation for mathematics) that mathematics exists.

There would be no point in trotting out formulae and corollaries - this would be merely considered gobbledygook - one would be compelled to demonstrate that, absent the inclusion of advanced mathematics, higher forms of organisation and functionality would not be possible. Entropy would drag a system down to its lowest common denominator without the benefits of routines to right it.

You are fond of decrying the clownworld direction of modern culture. It's obvious that you can see that all is not well. Is it pride that forbids your considering the possibility that it is the desecration of the Divine that has allowed these tendrils of chaos to gain a choke hold?

Tiger

Reaction score
^ That question is open to anyone btw.

The problem of course with Wendy (@Tiger) is that it's like wading through a quagmire, impossible to get anywhere.
Haha, just as a reminder, you thought that a probability of 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10 was a “50/50” chance.

You also thought that the number past which probability/chance becomes the equivalent of impossible was……1

You’re not smart enough to be engaging in this conversation. Full stop.

You wouldn’t know ‘fine tuning’ if it slapped you in the head. You also seem to be unaware that all your heroes agree that it’s a compelling argument.

Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
I said that the chances of an event happening are 50-50, it either does or it doesn't.
Liar. I asked you a very specific question to which you gave the brain dead response 50/50, thinking you were being smart and heading off any potential objections to evolutionary likelihood of events.

It was the most stupid response in the history of the internet and you need to own it like a man. You should get a tattoo saying “I’m the dumbest man in Ireland”.

Albeit a stupid man.
I said that probability is measured as between 0 and 1 and provided a google link.
Yes, not understanding the question being asked, you resorted to googling the answer and found yourself in mathematics for 7 year olds and posted a link. More hilarity ensued 😂

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Mod warning- I deleted a post here for posting a gif without content.

Please attempt to be civil with each other and not cause pain to others, especially the mods.

Tiger

Reaction score
Just ban the cunt from the thread

He obviously has absolutely no intention (or capability) of contributing anything on-topic
It’s your thread. Why don’t you ban me?

That way you will be free from awkward questions which you cannot answer.

C’mon James. Be a man. Stand up for yourself. Don’t be humiliated in public.

Tiger

Reaction score
Well, it seems that Wendy has given up (so early on a Friday night 🤔, must be working at her envelope licking job tomorrow).

So I'll just clear up some more of her (obnoxious) stupidity..

None of my heroes (who aren't my heroes) find God of the gaps or intelligent design arguments compelling. Your video does remind me of flerf videos though because of quote mining.

7-year-olds know more about mathematics/how probability is expressed than you do.

Haha, James “Fity-Fity” Dawson.

Kpop GIF by BuzzFeed

Tiger

Reaction score
Oh, and I did watch her two hour video (albeit somewhat skimishly)
You didn’t watch it. How do I know……because it isn’t 2 hours long. It’s just over 1 hour my dimwit friend.

Of course you are mister “Fity-fity” so I don’t expect you being able to calculate accurate time.

You are clearly the lowest IQ contributor to this forum.

You literally get everything wrong.

Case Closed.

Tiger

Reaction score

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
^ Delete this rubbish @Declan, or just give me editorial control of the thread i.e. a blog and I'll delete it myself.

If Wendy ever has anything to offer in this thread besides spam, derailing and dogpiling.. I'll let it through.

(But we all know that's never going to happen)
Were you not offered a blog thread. I will set in up in a few days. I have a tour tomorrow and Monday.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom