Origins Thread (Uncensored)

Tiger

Reaction score
And after you've given me a blog (shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes, surely).. If you can move this thread into it.

And then I'll delete all of Wendy's repetitive spam myself, such as her repeated already answered nonsense, gifs etc. And like I said, if she has anything constructive to offer, I won't (delete it).
Haha, I’ve screen grabbed all the posts that you are now ashamed of and are desperate to delete 😂

Mods vs Roc_ers

New
Reaction score
Probability is dogmatic, so it's circular logic. Eg. I predict event A with probability 0.6 and event B with probability 0.4 is a shorthand version of saying "I predict (with certainty) that the value of a variable called probability A equals 0.6 and the value of a corresponding variable for B equals 0.4". In other words you're not predicting actual events but certain abstract entities called the probabilities of events, which can be variously interpreted. I.e. You are making a prediction about some simplified abstraction from the real world, some incomplete image - of which we can become certain.

Mods vs Roc_ers

New
Reaction score
Also we need a set of possibilities, which I presume is where the fifty-fifty thing came from?

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
In other words you're not predicting
Probability has nothing to do with predictive models. In the case of the argument for fine tuning, we are observing the very nature of the Universe, in particular the fundamental constants and quantities of various forces and subatomic particles, and how they necessarily all interact together, on a knife edge, to create the environment necessary for life to exist.

Observable data, in other words, that brings into the question the forces required to order such impeccable precision. Probability mathematics tells us that the odds of these numbers aligning so perfectly are so high, as to be impossible to chance alone.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
James thinks you can flip a coin to determine the probability of a complex, life sustaining universe popping into existence, with all the required attributes (there are a lot of them) aligned on the knife edge they observably are.

Mad stuff really. Not really worth anyone's time

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Scientists spend a lot of time and money trying to calculate the probability of complex systems. Turns out they could have gone down the boozer and had James toss a penny. Saved themselves the bother

One example here of time wasted:

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Do you have a point? Why are you running away from your God of the gaps argument? 🤔
which gaps are you on about James? We are taking about the observed attributes of cosmic forces and particles, and how they interact and align on a knife edge, to form the environment in which life is possible. In other words, we are discussing the opposite of gaps, gaps you seem oddly and inexplicably hung up on

what are these 'gaps' btw?

Tiger

Reaction score

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom