Origins Thread

Tiger

Reaction score
An interesting discussion broke out on another thread regarding the origins of humans and life in general.

I think this deserves its own thread.

The tapestry of human origins is woven with threads of inquiry, speculation and awe. A question as old as time is, where did we come from?

The traditional and deeply rooted beliefs in creationism posit a divine hand sculpting humanity, while the modern scientific discourse of evolution posits that life has arisen from natural processes.

Others believe that our existence is the result of extraterrestrial interventions, with beings from distant galaxies planting the seeds of life on earth.

So, which one is true?

Here is the place to discuss it.

Tiger

Reaction score
When it comes to evolution, the average punter on the street believes that there is a plethora of fossils which show man’s evolution from a primitive monkey.

Ernest Haeckel’s famous illustration ‘monkey to man’ is embedded into everyone’s mind, however is there a clean fossil record which shows this gradual transition or is the reality something different?

Would anyone like to take up the challenge of showing man’s evolution using the fossil record as evidence?

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
An interesting discussion broke out on another thread regarding the origins of humans and life in general.

I think this deserves its own thread.

The tapestry of human origins is woven with threads of inquiry, speculation and awe. A question as old as time is, where did we come from?

The traditional and deeply rooted beliefs in creationism posit a divine hand sculpting humanity, while the modern scientific discourse of evolution posits that life has arisen from natural processes.

Others believe that our existence is the result of extraterrestrial interventions, with beings from distant galaxies planting the seeds of life on earth.

So, which one is true?

Here is the place to discuss it.

From a Christian point of view making God responsible for human death at least is very problematic given how it is the fear of death which when you really breaks things down drives most evil in this world-

"Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner partook of the same; that through death he might bring to nought him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And might deliver them, who through the fear of death were all their lifetime subject to servitude." Hebrews 2:14-15.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Until such a time as any evidence of a "creator" being and it's apparatus of creation has been shown and considered then it's safe to say that natural Evolution is what forms Earth and its creatures to which we modern day humans still have an obvious close genetic relationship with, especially the mammals.🧐

Tiger

Reaction score
From a Christian point of view making God responsible for human death at least is very problematic given how it is the fear of death which when you really breaks things down drives most evil in this world-

"Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner partook of the same; that through death he might bring to nought him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And might deliver them, who through the fear of death were all their lifetime subject to servitude." Hebrews 2:14-15.
Do you think death should be feared?

Tiger

Reaction score
Oh is it.

The extraterrestrial origin theory of life is not what you said, we didn't evolve from monkeys.. If you don't know, don't post!
You’re a bonafide idiot.

The OP was not me saying what I believed in, but simply opening up the question to all as to start the discussion. I listed the 3 main options for what started life on earth.

Hopefully the next time you are banned from this forum it will be permanent as you offer nothing of substance and just troll every serious discussion like a whingey school kid.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think death should be feared?

No, but I believe in Resurrection.

Actually let me rephrase that- not as much as I would be if I did not believe in Resurrection. Still we all have this animal fear of death nagging away at us in our psyches, even the Saints. And this fear increases the further we move away from God in my experience.

Last edited:

Tiger

Reaction score
I've told you that you're wrong.. You're wrong about the idea of an extraterrestrial origin for life and you're wrong about evolution.. how more "coherent" do I need to be? You're talking shite, lass.
Just to be clear Jimbo.

I haven’t stated once yet what I believe to be the origin of life on this thread.

I recommend that you start using complete sentences to convey what you’re thinking versus everyone having to guess what’s going on in that head of yours.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
I will produce a serious of detailed fables, indicating the absurd thoughts that pass for evolutionary theory. I will start with the 'evolution' of the whale, from a land mammal. Wait till you hear about some of the insane things that had to occur for such a transition to be viable. Laugh out loud stuff . It's a Whale of a Tale. Stay tuned

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
I will produce a serious of detailed fables, indicating the absurd thoughts that pass for evolutionary theory. I will start with the 'evolution' of the whale, from a land mammal. Wait till you hear about some of the insane things that had to occur for such a transition to be viable. Laugh out loud stuff . It's a Whale of a Tale. Stay tuned

The thing is that evidence so to speak can be interpreted in a variety of different ways.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
The thing is that evidence so to speak can be interpreted in a variety of different ways.
There is no evidence, it's all pure fable, no fossils in transition, just artistic renderings. Not unlike Jambo's fisheye photos

Tiger

Reaction score
🤦‍♂️

You simply can't process what I'm saying can you. The three "main options" are whose? They're yours, you were wrong on two of them - the only ones that are science based.

If you don't know, don't post
FFS

More of your tedium.

You seem to have comprehension issues. This is a thread for anyone to talk about any version of what they believe to be the origins of life. It is not a thread about Jimbo Jambo and what he believes.

So as an example if you were to start contributing in a non trolling way, you would say something like…

“I Jimbo Jambo believe that life came from non life, that the amoeba to man story is correct. We are a mathematical miracle”….or something to that effect.

K

Kangal

When it comes to evolution, the average punter on the street believes that there is a plethora of fossils which show man’s evolution from a primitive monkey.

Ernest Haeckel’s famous illustration ‘monkey to man’ is embedded into everyone’s mind, however is there a clean fossil record which shows this gradual transition or is the reality something different?

Would anyone like to take up the challenge of showing man’s evolution using the fossil record as evidence?
This is a good place to start.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom