Origins Thread

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
The Coelacanth is an interesting example of scientists creating a story that turned out to be untrue. It’s never good to try and fit the evidence into your theory.

They believed it to be an extinct transitional species from 65 million years ago that ‘walked’ on the sea floor. however when it was discovered alive in South Africa in 1938, turned out to be nothing of the kind and is just another fish that just swam around. So as it turned out it had been doing the square root of fuck all for 65 million years.
Yes, an embarrassing manifestation of reality bucking the 'science'

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Absolutely no one, in their right mind, should have any interest in anything you have to say about evolution in this joke of a "real discussion" thread.
Ironically, you've contributed nothing yet yourself. Par for the course there for Jambo. You are a human laughing emoji. A cartoon character. 2 dimensional.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It's funny how the dog thinks anyone on here will actually attempt a serious debate with it.:)

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
There is also the idea that matter is eternal which a lot of the ancients believed.
Nothing is eternal, all material needs a cause. And so, logically, there must be a first cause. Big Bang theory is the atheistic version of First causation. It is in fact a second cause tho, as something had to cause the bang. The atheist cannot bring his mind further back

Tiger

Reaction score
Nothing is eternal, all material needs a cause. And so, logically, there must be a first cause. Big Bang theory is the atheistic version of First causation. It is in fact a second cause tho, as something had to cause the bang. The atheist cannot bring his mind further back
It’ll be interesting to see if anyone takes on the first cause from an evolutionary standpoint.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Let's address some of the desperate claims related to whales having vestigial organs. It is an evolutionary trope, that in many/all cases have been roundly debunked by real scientific development.

The human appendix and coccyx (tail bone 🤪 ) being two of the more egregious examples.

If you scour the web, you will find various claims of whales having been found with vestigial limbs and other organs. Lets take a look at one such example that comes up a lot:

Often cited are the accounts from Russian or Japanese Whalers of 2 Sperm whales caught with "legs".

These legs are described rather optimistically as - "a 5-inch tibia projecting into a 5½-inch “bump”, ".There is no forensic or photo evidence of this lump incidentally.

Now, a sperm whale is a good 62 feet long and a 14cm "bump" isn't going to look like anything other than a pimple and to claim it is a tibia rather an an unfortunate growth is typical of excitable evolutionary biologists.

There is a book called "The Dinosaur Heresies", by renowned evolutionary paleontologist Robert Bakker.In it he claims that whales have been hauled in with a hind leg, complete with thigh and knee muscles, sticking out of its side. Of course he gives zero supporting documentation to back his most audacious of claims.

Whales, as with other creatures are occasionally found with anomalous bone growths generally measuring just inches and either fused to other bone or free floating in tissue. These are invariably hailed as vestigial tibias by the magical thinking among us, but there is no evidence of them as being anything other than mutational defects or the result of past injury and scarring . In a similar same way, people can be born with extra fingers, ribs, nipples, etc, or bony growths or lumpy tissue resulting from injury or some other pathology

More to come on this topic

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Leave them to their "real discussion" amongst themselves. Maybe occasionally check in to see who's out-stupiding who..

Honest to God, we really don't need a Flat Earth 2 thread by these religious goofballs

Mod action- Seriously this is the Religion section, people are free to start a similar thread in a secular section of the forum.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

I accept that but I believe outside one school of thought in Ancient Egypt all the Ancients outside of the Old Testament Church believed that the world was created not from nothing but from pre-existing material which is interesting. I have seen it argued that Creation Ex Nihilo is a truth that can only be known from Revelation but I am not sure if I believe that.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Do you think death should be feared?
What exactly do you mean. The fear of death or injury is part of our survival instint.

You are presumably asking about death at the old age end of life situation. It usually is mitigated by pain which could be viewed as a gentle push to acceptance.

I dont fear what is beyond?
, if anything.

I would be depressed for those that love and would miss me though.

Tiger

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean. The fear of death or injury is part of our survival instint.

You are presumably asking about death at the old age end of life situation. It usually is mitigated by pain which could be viewed as a gentle push to acceptance.

I dont fear what is beyond?
, if anything.

I would be depressed for those that love and would miss me though.
I think it’s part of the human condition, however I find it interesting that people who have died (clinically in hospital) and then come back to life, all have zero fear of death.

A chap I work with had this experience and says it completely released his fear.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Two options:
1. Matter created itself from nothing (Big Bang evolution)
2. Matter was created by a creator (creationism / intelligent design)
We can not be sure there are only two options though

What if there is something that we are completely unaware of and/or is too complicated. We are able to see, hear , smell but what if there is an entity with other senses. Maybe there is a dead person beside me , if I could not "see" him, I dont know he is there.

So both options are hard to imagine being what happened.

But evolution from nothing to form a brain, seems harder to imagine that something designing us.

K

Kangal

This thread is for adults Jimbo Jambo. So if you don’t mind…

Remember....
Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

K

Kangal

We can not be sure there are only two options though
He's not even accurate about the big bang.

All the BB theory says is that the Universe started in an extremely dense, extremely small, and very high energy state. In theory it should be a singularty but all we can do is predict it back to a very early age beyond which our understanding of physics breaks down.

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wrong about ConVid.
Wrong about the jabs.
Wrong about Nazi Ukraine.
Wrong about the terrorist IDF.
Wrong about the trannies and queers.

Just a wrong 'un.:)

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I think it’s part of the human condition, however I find it interesting that people who have died (clinically in hospital) and then come back to life, all have zero fear of death.

A chap I work with had this experience and says it completely released his fear.
I would like to discuss at length and will after turkey.

I know one person that was dead for 11 minutes and said it was a complete blank. I know another killed in a car wreck that saw it all from above. More later.

K

Kangal

Wrong about ConVid.
Wrong about the jabs.
Wrong about Nazi Ukraine.
Wrong about the terrorist IDF.
Wrong about the trannies and queers.

Just a wrong 'un.:)
Good to see you finally admit you were wrong.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger

Reaction score
He's not even accurate about the big bang.

All the BB theory says is that the Universe started in an extremely dense, extremely small, and very high energy state. In theory it should be a singularty but all we can do is predict it back to a very early age beyond which our understanding of physics breaks down.
Hmmm, that’s what’s called a ‘plot hole’.

K

Kangal

Hmmm, that’s what’s called a ‘plot hole’.
So far. However the "god of the gaps" strategy has never worked.

Science will advance and find out more.

Only a century ago there were serious debates whether the Universe was bigger than the Milky Way, or not. That's how big the "plot hole" was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Popular Threads

Top Bottom