The Climate Change scam

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Ear to the Ground were in Cavan earlier and a farmer was giving out about other lads he knew dumping slurry into rivers.

I'm not saying he was referencing Val but it was in his part of the County, the Louth/Meath end.

I hope Val doesn't fall foul of the law.

Absolute fecked up feckin wasters, must do better, Slurry is Gold!!

. . . . Slurry from a single cow in one year can produce a total of 1,000 kilowatt hours of electricity, according to the German Ministry of Agriculture.

The Ministry says that’s enough 1,000 full washes of a washing machine. It has released the stats to coincide with renewable energy day in Germany which takes place this Saturday 26. It also outlines that if one uses the manure of a small herd of cattle (25 cattle), it is possible to power as many as seven average households with a year’s supply of electricity.

In addition, the Ministry stress the not only manure can make an important contribution to climate friendly and sustainable energy supply with numerous other residues having uses. . . .

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Absolute fecked up feckin wasters, must do better, Slurry is Gold!!

. . . . Slurry from a single cow in one year can produce a total of 1,000 kilowatt hours of electricity, according to the German Ministry of Agriculture.

The Ministry says that’s enough 1,000 full washes of a washing machine. It has released the stats to coincide with renewable energy day in Germany which takes place this Saturday 26. It also outlines that if one uses the manure of a small herd of cattle (25 cattle), it is possible to power as many as seven average households with a year’s supply of electricity.

In addition, the Ministry stress the not only manure can make an important contribution to climate friendly and sustainable energy supply with numerous other residues having uses. . . .
First you have to collect the gas from the slury, clean it and store it. It can be done and is being done, but its not easy or cheap.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
First you have to collect the gas from the slury, clean it and store it. It can be done and is being done, but its not easy or cheap.
Yeah but Ireland being such an open grazing grassland nation there should be better facilities to deal with it? And regarding expense - it sort of pays for itself.

Those filthy dumping lads should have access to processing centres, if not their own ?

. . . Farm slurry could be converted into energy and high-grade fertilisers at 40 centralised anaerobic digestion plants around the State, under a proposal from the Environmental Protection Agency. . . .

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Anaerobic digestion.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Yeah but Ireland being such an open grazing grassland nation there should be better facilities to deal with it? And regarding expense - it sort of pays for itself.

Those filthy dumping lads should have access to processing centres, if not their own ?

. . . Farm slurry could be converted into energy and high-grade fertilisers at 40 centralised anaerobic digestion plants around the State, under a proposal from the Environmental Protection Agency. . . .
I feel a polemic coming on, but it will wait until the morn!

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Val says putting it in the river does no harm. Everybody's at it.
Well, perhaps he and his locals have a system which suits them, obviously the fish and aquatic life will be decimated during spill-out season but here in Ireland there's so much rain that the slurry is quickly rinsed out down to the sea.
Not a big problem for most of the locals who never use the river.
Regarding a potable water source sure there's a ton of chlorine added and RTE do a great job on the boil notices which keeps everyone safe.;)

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Oh its grand for the locals who live upstream. But those living downstream from the filthy bastard apparently glow in the dark.
It's Ireland, what do you expect from a kippy dump?

Water's still full of mandatory fluoride, who knows at what level? The Europeans go to the chemist to buy fluoride tabs if they feel the need but here, the chemical is dumped into the drinking water. The locals won't change the system because - It's their kip and they're having it!!

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Just a few words on the cattle slurry situation.

There are a 1,001 factors involved but I'll keep it simple. Ireland has an excellent climate for growing grass so we do, and we feed that grass to dairy and beef cattle. Grass is not nutrient dense so the animals eat a lot of it and therefore produce a lot of poop.

That poop is rich in microbes, in fact it is mostly microbes with some undigested fibre (lignin and cellulose) mixed in, along with a lot of water.

A lot of nitrogen that is fed to the grass to make it grow ends up in the poop. Mixing all that nitrogen into a watercourse will cause oxygen deprivation due to aerobic microbes feeding on it. Milk, BTW, has a far higher biological oxygen demand and is a far worse pollutant.

It is this lack of oxygen in the water that kills the fish.

Farmers are therefore obliged to collect the poop and dispose of it without it getting into watercourses. It is an excellent fertiliser and so spreading it back on the land is the best thing to do with it. This has been known since farming began.

However, it does need storing over the winter when cattle are housed and, TBH, most farmers haven't enough storage although they meet the legal requirements. When the ground is wet the slurry can run off the the fields into the rivers, but farmers run out of storage and have put it out just as soon as they legally can although conditions might not be suitable.

There is a general lack of storage because herd sizes have increased but not the facilities to deal with the waste. Slurry separation can help, but more storage is the real answer.

While in storage the microbes continue to break down the remaining solids and produce methane and other gasses in doing so. This mixture can be collected, purified and used as a fuel, and Agriland has covered this in the past, most farming media has.

However, it does take a big investment and the returns are variable so it has not caught on as much as certain interested parties might hope. New Holland are looking into it to fuel tractors and have pilot plants over in Cornwall, but it's motives might not be quite what they appear.

Central ADs (Anaerobic digestion plants) are a nonsensical idea as it means transporting crap miles rather than using it at source, and it is mainly water, and heaving water about pointlessly is not green by any standard.

That's the bones of it, but there is an awful lot of detail involved.

valamhic

Reaction score
Ear to the Ground were in Cavan earlier and a farmer was giving out about other lads he knew dumping slurry into rivers.

I'm not saying he was referencing Val but it was in his part of the County, the Louth/Meath end.

I hope Val doesn't fall foul of the law.
Why would you hope that? Anyway it is only done as an emergency and if possible on a bank holiday week end
when there is less likelihood of getting caught. This year I am low in slurry but I saw another poor farmer with over
flowing tanks. He could not travel out on the fields with the wet so he tipped it into the river from the road.

What is wrong with that? the rivers are full of water? All gone to the sea. Dublin Corporation are dumping millions of litres of sewerage into the sea a day.

valamhic

Reaction score

There are a 1,001 factors involved but I'll keep it simple. Ireland has an excellent climate for growing grass so we do, and we feed that grass to dairy and beef cattle. Grass is not nutrient dense so the animals eat a lot of it and therefore produce a lot of poop.

That poop is rich in microbes, in fact it is mostly microbes with some undigested fibre (lignin and cellulose) mixed in, along with a lot of water.

A lot of nitrogen that is fed to the grass to make it grow ends up in the poop. Mixing all that nitrogen into a watercourse will cause oxygen deprivation due to aerobic microbes feeding on it. Milk, BTW, has a far higher biological oxygen demand and is a far worse pollutant.

Farmers are therefore obliged to collect the poop and dispose of it without it getting into watercourses. It is an excellent fertiliser and so spreading it back on the land is the best thing to do with it. This has been known since farming began.

However, it does need storing over the winter when cattle are housed and, TBH, most farmers haven't enough storage although they meet the legal requirements. When the ground is wet the slurry can run off the the fields into the rivers, but farmers run out of storage and have put it out just as soon as they legally can although conditions might not be suitable.

There is a general lack of storage because herd sizes have increased but not the facilities to deal with the waste. Slurry separation can help, but more storage is the real answer.

While in storage the microbes continue to break down the remaining solids and produce methane and other gasses in doing so. This mixture can be collected, purified and used as a fuel, and Agriland has covered this in the past, most farming media has.

However, it does take a big investment and the returns are variable so it has not caught on as much as certain interested parties might hope. New Holland are looking into it to fuel tractors and have pilot plants over in Cornwall, but it's motives might not be quite what they appear.

Central ADs (Anaerobic digestion plants) are a nonsensical idea as it means transporting crap miles rather than using it at source, and it is mainly water, and heaving water about pointlessly is not green by any standard.

It is best spread in dry weather. After 10 days the microbes convert it to a substance which the soil can use.

I have a steep slope of about 80 metres wide. I got the spreader man to hose the slurry down it. It never got
slurry and now after 9 months I can see the grass is greener there.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Why would you hope that? Anyway it is only done as an emergency and if possible on a bank holiday week end
when there is less likelihood of getting caught. This year I am low in slurry but I saw another poor farmer with over
flowing tanks. He could not travel out on the fields with the wet so he tipped it into the river from the road.

What is wrong with that? the rivers are full of water? All gone to the sea. Dublin Corporation are dumping millions of litres of sewerage into the sea a day.
Val, you are doing farming no favours at all.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score

I wonder would, Slurry, Mixed with Turf ( or another fuel substance ) be a good quality fuel for Electricity Generation.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Cos I don't want to see them throw you in a cell with a big N!gger holding a tub of Vaseline.

(Even though last year you hoped an African Doctor would rape me in hospital)
I remember it well and it still sends a shiver down my spine .......at the time Val was hoping for that horrendous attack on you , we're you still in hospital or released

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom