The recycling of waste thread. A non combative learning exercise.

valamhic

Reaction score
I rarely ever start a new thread. This is one topic about which I am prepared to learn. What happens all our waste? What happens farm plastic? Plastic bottles. I mean material which will not degrade like wood or food. There are some things about which I know a lot, but this is not one of them.

I would be great if all the posts scattered around could be put into this one.

valamhic

Reaction score
As far I know Shabra plastic can turn waste bale wrap into new rolls ......the big melt starts at about 4am , manys a morning I drove past it at 6am good smoke round the place
Is that good or bad for the environment? There is a heap of farm bale black plastic at the Pipe factory on the Carrickmacross Kingscourt road. It is usually gone by now as it went in June last year

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Is that good or bad for the environment? There is a heap of farm bale black plastic at the Pipe factory on the Carrickmacross Kingscourt road. It is usually gone by now as it went in June last year
They are employing 75 so it's not a bad thing in my view.....I looked at the website they melt bottles too and that plastic can be run up to 6 times , those bottles need a grading process presumably....... Oliver Brady the horse trainer RIP was a partner in shabra plastic

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Could they turn some of the Plastic in to Barbies ~ ~ To be more like the Real Life Plastic Barbies ! ! !

Mods vs Roc_ers

New
Reaction score

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I rarely ever start a new thread. This is one topic about which I am prepared to learn. What happens all our waste? What happens farm plastic? Plastic bottles. I mean material which will not degrade like wood or food. There are some things about which I know a lot, but this is not one of them.

Recycling is pretty big down here, but it's not the solution that most think it is. What we mostly refer to as 'plastic' are thermoplastics which can be recycled, but not indefinitely. They can generally be melted down and repurposed exactly once. After that, they cannot be recycled.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Plastics have been a disaster ecologically. They should be used sparingly and on a needs-must basis. But we utilize them frivolously and arbitrarily with absolutely fucking insane levels of wanton abandon.

In fact, If I had to sum up humanity in a single image it would be via this:

1708374999615.png

Actually scratch that. This:
1708375051305.png

Woke is broke

New
Reaction score
Plastics have been a disaster ecologically. They should be used sparingly and on a needs-must basis. But we utilize them frivolously and arbitrarily with absolutely fucking insane levels of wanton abandon.

In fact, If I had to sum up humanity in a single image it would be via this:

View attachment 4423

Actually scratch that. This:
View attachment 4424

That's hilarious!

valamhic

Reaction score
No, you're not.

You started it bacause you saw this article in the news this morning.

Why can you not be straight-forward instead of always bullshitting.
I never buy or read newspapers unless there is something about the green agenda being in trouble. I started this thread because poster here "Tiddle" posted about plastic on this site and also on the Val Youtube channel
someone asked for a video on it. So you are a vicious ignorant liar. You should be banned off here.

I admitted being totally ignorant about plastic and I want to learn more. Coal posted about Shabra and that
is a place to start. As for the report you posted about. There are reports about climate which we all agree are lies. Get ta hell up the yard

valamhic

Reaction score
That's hilarious!
About 15 years ago, farm plastic such as the black silage role I use to preserve silage and protect from air was exported the China through Amsterdam, Holland. They took it in any condition even is soiled with cow dung.
Chinese women ruled by communism, used to wash the stuff in the rivers to get the Irish dirt out of them.

These women found better jobs in factories and quit washing it. I asked the lad where I get rid of it and he said
it is made into solid plastic imitation wood for garden furniture. I think there is a charge on the plastic roll I buy and that pays towards disposal.

valamhic

Reaction score
Does anyone know who Mods and rockers was begore he took that name. A right dirty evil bastard his is .

A low class whelp

Lone Ranger

Reaction score

This may assist,

(2019) observed that approximately 40% of solid waste was exported to China, and almost 50% of it was plastic waste. Tran et al. (2021) found similar evidence that China is still the world's largest importer of solid waste using data from 2018.

All one big scam.

Mods vs Roc_ers

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know who Mods vs Roc_ers was before he took that name. A right dirty evil bastard his is. A low class whelp. I can't ever get one over him, begorrah.
roc_ I more often than not gave you the benefit of the doubt before, but lately your inane bullshit has become tiresome. You couldn't possibly be that stupid, is it a pretense? I.e. Are you trying to be "cute" as they say down the bogs?

valamhic

Reaction score
roc_ I more often than not gave you the benefit of the doubt before, but lately your inane bullshit has become tiresome. You couldn't possibly be that stupid, is it a pretense? I.e. Are you trying to be "cute" as they say down the bogs?
So you are roc from Pisles? Dublin based. Useful information

Popular Threads

Top Bottom