Val the man, poster valamhic a farmer with cows.

valamhic

Reaction score
Let us hear your views on poster valamhic. I will soon retire form all sites and and a living obituary would be called for. Say what you like and I ask Dan not to ban anyone on this thread. If you can think of anything bad, go ahead and if you can think of anything good, post it and if there is a mix or good and bad post that.

I think it was Godsdog who once posted that he/she could not make me out. One minute I was on about bog hole rootin and the next I was on about James Joyce. I would add to that that a person's occupation should not define their personality. Very few people like their jobs. McDonalds workers hate their jobs, teachers nurses traffic wardens hate their jobs. I happen to like farming, but would rather be a mechanical engineering designer. Comment of all that.

I did rear a good family with no issues and have been driving for a long time with no serious accidents TG. So let it rip.

Wolf

Reaction score
Narcissistic ex-copper requires validation.
Comical will supply it.:ROFLMAO:

valamhic

Reaction score
I'm sure that a man of your alleged high intellect can work that out yourself. (y)
The word validation is used a lot by me in planning processing. The Act requires that a planning application must be validated under the Planning and Development Regulations 2001. There is no process to validate a person , maybe by production of a passport etc. I know no other.

valamhic

Reaction score
Narcissistic ex-copper requires validation.
Comical will supply it.:ROFLMAO:
The narcissistic comment is an excellent point to make and chew on. Lets see what it means.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy, also called psychotherapy.

Narcissistic personality disorder affects more males than females, and it often begins in the teens or early adulthood. Some children may show traits of narcissism, but this is often typical for their age and doesn't mean they'll go on to develop narcissistic personality disorder.

Products & Services​

Show more products from Mayo Clinic

Symptoms​

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and how severe they are can vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration. (a)
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important. (1)
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want. (2)
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others. (3)
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited. (4)
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office. (5)
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they view as criticism. They can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special recognition or treatment. (b)
  • Have major problems interacting with others and easily feel slighted. (b)
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle other people to make themselves appear superior. (c)
  • Have difficulty managing their emotions and behavior. (d)
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change. (e)
  • Withdraw from or avoid situations in which they might fail. (f)
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection.
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, humiliation and fear of being exposed as a failure.

Last edited:

valamhic

Reaction score
I have posted above the symptoms of the condition and I have placed letters and numbers in brackets after them.

There is a lot there and I fear the thread will die out because it is heavy work. The first word is UNREASONABLY.

I think my own self assessment is reasonable. This description of the condition would apply to most people.

valamhic

Reaction score
I have to retire sometime from these sites. I had a herd test yesterday and a TB in the cattle and all passed so I was happy with that. They were injected on Monday and read yesterday by a little lady Vet only 9 stone weight. So I was fearing she would be injured. I am taking it easy to day. I also came across a woman with a Yaris with no jack on the road. Flat wheel at the back, so I lifted it up. Back sore now.

I planned for a site here of 100 active posters but that failed. So it is time to call it a day before this year is out.

Please point out from the list above where I am a Nark. By the way is the sord Narky derived from Narcissist?

Round here is means contraary, awkward. My farm is along a country road and I have been accused of hiding when people pass by. I found they stayed talking for a long time and I was not getting my work done. I hid on them. I do try to put work and achievement before chatter. I do chatter when it is dark.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It is part of Irish law, the mention of validation by Wolf is stupid. All waffle.
Validation is very often used to describe the act of those who want to be seen and recognised as conforming to a social more, or ratifying there position or attitude within a group. It is not confined to dusty books of accounts.

valamhic

Reaction score
H
Validation is very often used to describe the act of those who want to be seen and recognised as conforming to a social more, or ratifying there position or attitude within a group. It is not confined to dusty books of accounts.
How often is it used, when did you hear it used in that context last? I have heard it said "He is trying to justify his existence.

You are stretching it a bit there.
  • Check that something is officially true and acceptable, especially in order to approve it.
  • Make something legally acceptable.
  • Establish the soundness, accuracy, or legitimacy of something.
  • Declare or make legally valid.
  • Mark with an indication of official sanction.

valamhic

Reaction score
Try to come up with a good critique of Valamhic himself, not Jarry or Myles. They are Obiter Dictum

What about slurry and eating stolen dogs?

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
H

How often is it used, when did you hear it used in that context last? I have heard it said "He is trying to justify his existence.

You are stretching it a bit there.
  • Check that something is officially true and acceptable, especially in order to approve it.
  • Make something legally acceptable.
  • Establish the soundness, accuracy, or legitimacy of something.
  • Declare or make legally valid.
  • Mark with an indication of official sanction.
Words move around and 'validation' means something similar, its probably more like looking for approval for the justification of his existence.

valamhic

Reaction score
Words move around and 'validation' means something similar, its probably more like looking for approval for the justification of his existence.
Convoluted, no? Seems like you trying to justify the ridiculous. You support Wolf in defaming Jarry as a Paedo without any validation and then accuse me of seeking validation. Hypocrite

Wolf

Reaction score
Convoluted, no? Seems like you trying to justify the ridiculous. You support Wolf in defaming Jarry as a Paedo without any validation and then accuse me of seeking validation. Hypocrite
I'm happy to see I've introduced you to a new word today.
It's definitely keeping you busy.👍

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Righto!

Popular Threads

Top Bottom