Val the man, poster valamhic a farmer with cows.

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
My first recollection of @valamhic was him posting on poltics.ie around 2009 , I believe he suffered from biased moderation from the liberal lackies over there , at that time I had no idea he was farming in kingscourt

tldr

Reaction score
The narcissistic comment is an excellent point to make and chew on. Lets see what it means.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy, also called psychotherapy.

Narcissistic personality disorder affects more males than females, and it often begins in the teens or early adulthood. Some children may show traits of narcissism, but this is often typical for their age and doesn't mean they'll go on to develop narcissistic personality disorder.

Products & Services​

Show more products from Mayo Clinic

Symptoms​

Symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and how severe they are can vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration. (a)
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important. (1)
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want. (2)
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others. (3)
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited. (4)
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office. (5)
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they view as criticism. They can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special recognition or treatment. (b)
  • Have major problems interacting with others and easily feel slighted. (b)
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle other people to make themselves appear superior. (c)
  • Have difficulty managing their emotions and behavior. (d)
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change. (e)
  • Withdraw from or avoid situations in which they might fail. (f)
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection.
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, humiliation and fear of being exposed as a failure.

Good information. I don't think you are so much narcissistic as parodying the shams and having a bit of creative craic from it. Narcissism isn't just the product of individual defect - there's also a social contagion component spread by mimesis.

I spent considerable time looking into this as I'm old enough to see the difference from before and after its explosion. It's a product of affluenza although, in fairness, there was always a bit of it about often expressed through snobbery.

This thread could be interpreted as an entreaty to others to provide you with narcissistic supply. Allow me to entreaty you to continue to contribute your astute and witty observations to the site.

This lad is good for the analysis of it and was on it before YouTube was flooded with daytime TV content on the subject.

valamhic

Reaction score
See this description.
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.

I always pay my debts and I get my reward from the work I do and investments I make. I am a very good tradesman and when I fix something I like to be told I did a good job. I saved a nice couple with kids from being thrown out of their house by corrupt solicitors. This mean everything to them , they struggled for 3 years with the threat hanging over them. I refused money, but asked for a bottle of Redbreast whiskey. This I got form them and a nice card. I was happy. They later told a few people that I have saved their house and were so glad. The father later gave be a few Yoyos with which I went sea fishing in Sligo with the lads.
There was another case where a very poor English family living 40 miles away has an electrical leak in the house. Everything was earthing so the kettle gave a shock and the meter was flying round with no appliance on. I discovered a handy man went mad with a nail gun driving a nail through a live wire in to the wall. I fixed that
for a trailer load of turf they cut from the local bog. I like to have a good rifle and a good shotgun but not fancy cars. I have no interest in cars at all. A diesel cappy van, great. We have a Toyota saloon which she uses mainly for events.

The thing is don't want privileges or special treatment, I am well off, I never allowed myself to hope in someone else.

valamhic

Reaction score
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.

The second part| is not me either. I never played golf because they were too swanky. I prefer auld farmers for company.

I do love engineers for company and live science,

valamhic

Reaction score
See this
That is me, I do feel superior because I am healthier, stronger, tougher, a better street fighter, a scholar with degree.

Good at maths, high marks in mechanical drawing, woodwork metal work. While doing the group cert I did the projects in metal work for myself and 2 other lads bringing them into high grade. They did nothing. I was trying to get the eye of one of their sisters, she was a peach.

My cattle are admired as top quality and I get the highest prices in the mart. The dl#own side is I have to buy drink after it for half the country.,

valamhic

Reaction score
I think the one fault I have is that I have no sense of humour., I cant plat the fiddle either.

valamhic

Reaction score
Good information. I don't think you are so much narcissistic as parodying the shams and having a bit of creative craic from it. Narcissism isn't just the product of individual defect - there's also a social contagion component spread by mimesis.

I spent considerable time looking into this as I'm old enough to see the difference from before and after its explosion. It's a product of affluenza although, in fairness, there was always a bit of it about often expressed through snobbery.

This thread could be interpreted as an entreaty to others to provide you with narcissistic supply. Allow me to entreaty you to continue to contribute your astute and witty observations to the site.

This lad is good for the analysis of it and was on it before YouTube was flooded with daytime TV content on the subject.

Regarding the first video above, when I am at the farm or at home with my family which is 25 miles away, I very often have to go to the shop, hardware etc. It might be that I need a loaf of bread at 8 pm for morning. I always try to avoid meeting people. I just want to nip in and buy the loaf and get back home. Sometimes I may go to a different town and a shop at the other end of my town. I have a problem with people stopping at the farm because the house in near the by road. It always results in a long session. Therefore I cannot be an attention seeker.

valamhic

Reaction score
The other attribute is an exaggerated sense of my ability and talents. For this to be the case I would have to have less of these than I proclaim. I believe I have more useful talents than I proclaim. Therefore I underrate myself.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom