Aliens among us?

Hermit

Reaction score
Dark matter is a postulate because "bendy spacetime" is such a successful theory.
The reason they invented dark matter is because bendy spacetime was NOT a successful theory - it didn't work so they invented dark matter to save it.

The only "science" you have is laughable ignorance regurgitated from your fellow flat-earth goofballs.
Let's see what you know about science: name the natural phenomena and hypothesis for gravity.

Hermit

Reaction score
Could you rephrase it please?
1st step of the scientific method: observe something happening in nature (natural phenomenon = the effect)
2nd step: guess what is causing that natural phenomenon (hypothesis = the cause)
3rd step: test that hypothesis via experiment

So my question is, what is the natural phenomenon and hypothesis for gravity?

Hermit

Reaction score
Well it looks like Hermit has thrown in the towel but I don't want anyone to think that I dodged a question here, and my replies were sincere*.
Your need for the question to be rephrased shows you don't understand the scientific method, even after I spelled it out for you.

I simply cannot accept (and nor should I) that gravity is a hypothesis, it hasn't been a hypothesis since Newton.
A natural phenomenon is required to derive a hypothesis that can tested and falsified by experiment. Gravity is not based on any natural phenomenon, there's no hypothesis, no experiment, therefore it is not scientific.

Scientific hypothesis, an idea that proposes a tentative explanation about a phenomenon or a narrow set of phenomena observed in the natural world. The two primary features of a scientific hypothesis are falsifiability and testability, which are reflected in an “If…then” statement summarizing the idea and in the ability to be supported or refuted through observation and experimentation.
A scientific theory or law represents an hypothesis, or a group of related hypotheses, which has been confirmed through repeated experimental tests.

Gravity is a natural phenemenon.
Tell me where in nature you observe the bending of spacetime.

Hermit

Reaction score
Gravity is a natural phenomenon. To say that it hasn't been tested/predicted is beyond contemptible
Gravity, the bending of spacetime, is not a natural phenomenon. If you think it has been tested by the 1919 solar eclipse or Cavendish, then name the independent and dependent variables of those "experiments", along with the hypothesis and natural phenomenon upon which those experiments are based.

One does not see gravity, do you see magnetism?
Magnetism can be observed and tested, the bending of spacetime cannot.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Dark matter is the stuff that lurks in the sock draw making just one half of each pair disappear to the far side of the universe. I see it daily.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
"Bendy spacetime" (relativity) is a geometric theory of gravity. Profoundly different from Newton's, incorporating such things as the SOL and time.

View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/QTDukIlaMqo

Interesting though ~ ~ That time was ticking just as normal for Einstein in the Tram.

It is only, in reference to the clock tower that time has slowed down.

So as in Special Relativity ~ ~ It depends exactly where you are / exactly what speed that you are going, and what you are referring yourself against / with.

For example ~ ~ If you had two space-ships and one of them took off into space at say 75% of the speed of light ~ ~ And the other one stayed as still as you can in Space ( can you actually stay still, in the universe / space ? ) ~ ~ ~ Then unless they had some contact or there was a measurer / observer ~ ~ Then their different time " measurements " would be of NO consequence what-so-ever.

Anyway = = What is Time ? !

Perhaps ~ All their is, is Space and " Speeds " in Space = = " Speeds " here just being more Space !

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
It's relative, innit :)

I mean, I know it's just a cutesy cartoon (that I posted) but sometimes a cutesy cartoon will do.

If Einstein is speeding away from the clock tower at the SOL.. how does the light catch up with him, how does he see the clock tick.

Of course, it is ticking, just as "normal" (to an observer in an inertial frame of reference)

And then you might ask, if you're travelling at a high speed, particularly at a relativistic speed, does time slow down? Turns out it does and it's been proved.
Yes ~ But What Is Time ? !

Apparently = = Nobody Knows.

valamhic

Reaction score
It's relative, innit :)

I mean, I know it's just a cutesy cartoon (that I posted) but sometimes a cutesy cartoon will do.

If Einstein is speeding away from the clock tower at the SOL.. how does the light catch up with him, how does he see the clock tick.

Of course, it is ticking, just as "normal" (to an observer in an inertial frame of reference)

And then you might ask, if you're travelling at a high speed, particularly at a relativistic speed, does time slow down? Turns out it does and it's been proved.
All life ever arriving on earth originated in the solar system. There is no other life in all the universe which is a good thing. Humans are the most advanced species and I am the 2nd most intelligent human in Ireland.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
All life ever arriving on earth originated in the solar system. There is no other life in all the universe which is a good thing. Humans are the most advanced species and I am the 2nd most intelligent human in Ireland.
Yep, I guess any aliens would be saying to one another, " Y'know what, that Val lad is a super intelligent genius so no point in us trying to compete, we'll just park up our space bending starship and go have a session instead."

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If God created the Universe, why did he bother with other galaxies or even more than just a few stars in this galaxy

Hermit

Reaction score
Is this a genuine question?

It sounds something Ali G would ask 😂
It's a valid question. There is nothing in the Bible about the universe, space, galaxies, or life on other planets. Why would God create something so enormous but is 99.9% empty space? That's just bad design.

1:1 In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
1:2 the earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.
1:3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
1:4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.
1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
1:6 And God said, "Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."
1:7 So God made the dome and separated the waters that were under the dome from the waters that were above the dome. And it was so.
1:8 God called the dome Sky. And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.
1:9 And God said, "Let the waters under the sky be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so.
1:10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom