Dara O Flaherty from Galway.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss Mr O Flaherty from Galway. Like myself, I believe he earned a Degree in Engineering from UCG.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I wonder how the Dublin Rioters are feeling today when they reflect on what's happened and what effect it's had in solving their problems and solutions needed to improve their lives?

As has already been suggested on another thread 'We may truly expect other attacks in times ahead' and so should we ask ourselves now - Will we riot? And if yes, what progress will that bring?

Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder how the Dublin Rioters are feeling today when they reflect on what's happened and what effect it's had in solving their problems and solutions needed to improve their lives?

As has already been suggested on another thread 'We may truly expect other attacks in times ahead' and so should we ask ourselves now - Will we riot? And if yes, what progress will that bring?
Sometimes you have to burn it all down to kill off the dead wood and the debris so life can sprout again.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to burn it all down to kill off the dead wood and the debris so life can sprout again.

Yes, one and all are obliged to defend their interests. I suggest that means to build & construct as is necessary.
Are we sure about what is the will of the people? Are we sure about who we are talking about, which people?

Ah, you suggest the people of adversely affected areas? Yes they need to be listened to and their demands need to be implemented, I agree. The government policies of planting into inappropriate areas needs to be tackled and problems solved - Do a job, do it properly.

Personally I do not believe that violence as a means of social change will produce positive lasting results.
Force? Yes!! But that starts within the people & communities, A force of discipline a force of positive change a force of political will - Drop the fleeting Sword, pick up the mighty Pen. Time to Design.🧐

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

Both vids have 'overdone it' imo. Yes certainly he has valid points however the overall effect appears too 'mixed up'.
Apportioning blame for the stabbing attack to 'purple haired leftists' is a bit of a daft white wash and negates FFGN PP's & voters and conservative majority Seanad. Plus all the Commercial and Cultural interests who support current policy.
He's appears quite upset and I'm wondering is it because many traditional allies are not now supporting his cause, there are many reasons for why 'Things' are as they are.
My suggestion would be to examine the details and contexts of the arguments for a clearer analysis.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Both vids have 'overdone it' imo. Yes certainly he has valid points however the overall effect appears too 'mixed up'.
Apportioning blame for the stabbing attack to 'purple haired leftists' is a bit of a daft white wash and negates FFGN PP's & voters and conservative majority Seanad. Plus all the Commercial and Cultural interests who support current policy.
He's appears quite upset and I'm wondering is it because many traditional allies are not now supporting his cause, there are many reasons for why 'Things' are as they are.
My suggestion would be to examine the details and contexts of the arguments for a clearer analysis.
His more emotional videos are blowing off steam maybe

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
He doesn't live in a dream land like you where you imagine there's some sort of left/right balance in this country
Okay, for sure as you say, rather he's expressing a nightmare vision which can be true for parts of the country but is not experienced by most people. - Hence the low turnout?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Buddy Love has decided to drop 'bulk text' posts which means no-body actually reads them.

Why he thinks people will trawl through such shyte I have no idea.

Jay Homer Simpson

Reaction score
I met him once briefly in early 2021 when I was many Kms outside the 5km limit. Sound guy, probably has issues with addiction but I wouldn't hold that against him

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Buddy Love has decided to drop 'bulk text' posts which means no-body actually reads them.

Why he thinks people will trawl through such shyte I have no idea.
So, it appears you interact solely from a phone, yeah? It's not good enough to get a full picture (get a laptop) - either is confining yourself to the role of ignoramus.
Personally, I'm trying to understand what is going on within the country while offering some quick feedback to what is posted for public viewing.
People would read me here because I challenge things and so . . . .

We're all curious to see what happens next on the cutting edge of conversation!!:geek:

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
I find you to be rather incoherent
Yes, because you're not interested in all the points presented and tend to cancel out those which you disagree with.
Consequently I don't elaborate on the basic points with you until such a time as you display definite interest in the POV. (I've seen some posters go to great lengths on their posts just to see them getting flipped off callously, it's not worth the effort, is it?)
and partial to a dexy
Yeah sure, I'll take a break when tired, I certainly haven't got all the answers and am inexperienced in some areas, still look, Here we are now!!

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
An old Nokia Sir. Never went near a Smartphone until they bought one for me, set it up etc and told me I must use it.

Had it for about a week before I pegged it into the river on way home from the boozer.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom