European elections and locals.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
By the way, was the lad with the hurl from Meath running someplace, i had forgotten about him

Fam Shox

Reaction score
I guess so. You know if they are going to unite now, these small parties, it will presumably be under Hermann, now that Barrett and Reynolds are likely to be out of the picture.
Hopefully not aulstock. In fact, I think it's best to stay indo. Fuck parties, they're too easy to control. I haven't voted since may 25th 2018. If Idi Amin came back from the dead I might vote again.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that it's done and dusted

What is the narrative going to be from mainstream politics running into the soon to begin GE cycle?
Same thing?
Or pretend to listen.?

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score

What is the narrative going to be from mainstream politics running into the soon to begin GE cycle?
Same thing?
Or pretend to listen.?
Give out the meager budget beans and hit the streets with one of those grating meaningless slogans like "a lot done more to do" .......fine fail and fine Gael are welded together now , the greens expendable as was seen in this campaign as both coalition parties candidates attacked green policies publicly

valamhic

Reaction score
I blame Val for this and his video
My observation locally and with a few cohorts in Dublin was that a lot of voters could not handle it. One woman came out of the national school with the EU ballot paper dragging after her asking for help from her man and his farmer friend. She went on in while the man met a lad coming out and was chatting. After some advice she returned to complete the job.

valamhic

Reaction score
We await you making an announcement after the votes on how you were treated, i will say no more to preserve confidence.
I was treated all right but there was inadequate support for the troops on the ground. I had been contacted by a few well wishers In Meath, Louth, Monaghan Cavan and one well off lad in Westmeath. I could have got 20 posters made at no expense to the party but I needed the software and consent of the party. I felt that while there are restrictions on how much a party can spend, I could spend more outside the party which would not count in the rules. However this failed because I simply could not get contact with Party Offices and with Herman only by text and e mail. He lost up to 20 posters about those counties and I would have removed them afterwards too. I had a poster printer lined up. I think Herman was afraid to break the rules. I do not see any problem with it. How would the government know an auld slurry spreader was up to tricks?

valamhic

Reaction score
Does anyone know how my approach could be found out. My plan was to have a side part to pay for election material separately from the party which would not show up in the parties books.

I think the limit is 5,000 E and I would collect 700 and throw in 400 myself. I would remove
my posters myself. How would anyone know?

Hermit

Reaction score
HERMANN KELLY, IFP 13904
JOHN WATERS, IND 13692
MICHELLE SMITH, IND 6713
ANTHONY CAHILL, IP 4535
JUSTIN BARRETT, NP 4086
JAMES REYNOLDS, NP 3201
COMBINED TOTAL 1st PREFS: 46,131

The combined total is over 10,000 less than the top 5:

LUKE 'MING' FLANAGAN, IND 78214
BARRY COWEN, FF 73908
NINA CARBERRY, FG 73888
MARIA WALSH, FG 71476
CIARAN MULLOOLY, II 57297

QUOTA 113,325
SPOILED VOTES 20754 - twenty thousand LOL

valamhic

Reaction score
Is @valamhic saying he ran in the election ?
I am saying that I was prepared to help Herman Kelly with posters at key road places which I would get printed and erected myself. A poster costs about 10 Euros for a pole one and 40 for a big one.

I could not do it because I had no communication for the party HQ or Herman himself.

valamhic

Reaction score
Wicklow is a very weird place.
They send at least one band and several busses to the north on the 12th July each year. A lot of them are in Free he he Masons, I was asked to join but declined.

Last edited:

willow

Reaction score

Same thing?
Or pretend to listen.?
They'll double down on their pet project - shame that even with the greatest malice aforethought the new Irish (🤮) won't be able to vote in a GE. So they will make concessions and pretend to be for slowing immigration hoping to pull the wool our eyes once more.
We just need to keep planting seeds in the minds of our contemporaries.
And Blighe absolutely has to run - cat among the pigeons of Leinster House.

Reactions: jpc

free and clean

Reaction score
Things are just getting better for Barrett today
Declan, no offence but perhaps the fact that you don't live here means you're a bit out of touch. Barrett is a joke. He's a perennial failure, Hitler wannabe . He's seen as a joke by the vast majority of people. He has no chance of doing anything.

You're continued cheerleading for Barrett, and even worse, Gemma O'Doherty, makes me wonder if you're mental capacities have gone down the Joe Biden route.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom