European elections and locals.

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you see just on the two issues mentioned above, feminists and money, compare two similar candidates in the Mullingar area, Patrick Hussey and Mary Alocquo Maguire. Patrick is much moreso a long term resident of Mullingar and much better known at the beginning of the campaign, but Alocquo has maybe 10 times the numbers of posters and can afford to do the postal leaflet drop that many candidates do, while Patrick has just a few posters and what leaflets he puts in the door himself.

This difference comes down to a gap in financial resources, the result: Hussey gets c.220 votes and Maguire c.350. Ergo money talks - and maybe feminism -and the nationalists have very little of it.

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Proof that a large proportion of the electorate are thick as shit

1718105857600.png

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
I was being tongue and cheek. Don't take everything so literally, Mr Bocht. The point is, a large number of simple country folk are voting for a right on, Uber woke American lesbian simply because she falls under the FG banner.

And this reinforces my belief that universal suffrage democracy is a very bad system.
Yes, your point is valid, they vote party regardless .

and with 20000 spoiled votes, we can assume that a lot of africans need to sit down with @Myles O'Reilly and watch vals video a few more times

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
1718106203167.png

Will be tougfh for John to get elected but not impossible, a good few transfers could go his or Hermans way.

Hermit

Reaction score
Proof that a large proportion of the electorate are thick as shit

View attachment 5749
I never heard of the Kiely Ballot...hard to believe people can be that stupid.

Because there were two elections on the same day, some voters had treated their two ballot papers as a single list and ranked their candidates in order of preference. They started on the EU ballot – going 1, 2, and 3 – and then moved over to the local election ballot paper, starting their votes with “4”, and continuing 5, 6, 7 and so on.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
For me, these elections have been disastrous. 75% of people in poll after poll said they were against the Plantation. Yet there's been practically no change.

In the locals FFG have more or less retained their vote as have SF (some of FFG's went to SF). The micro lefty Dáil parties have also held their vote while Independents haven't gained.

The Euros are even more depressing with out and out Planters getting elected. The only sliver of light is that N. Boylan might get in.

Its a terrible feeling when you realise your fellow Irishmen and women are gutless sellouts. I felt the same not that long ago during the virus nonsense.

I tell ye, the surviving rebels on the trail after Vinegar Hill felt no more devastated than I do right now.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Reaction score
Sf could still be caught by clare

valamhic

Reaction score
Yes, but that is the point.
Barrett said his campaign was a joke or protest. He said he had zero chance. He did not campaign and he spent zero money. But he still walloped Reynolds which was all he wanted. That was some win for him.

Gemma is different. She wants out of the system altogether and sees the system as completely owned and rigged. And with a turnout of less than 50% it looks like a lot of people agree.
Gemma is as relevant to Irish politics as a thick on my big cow. Barrett was always serious about
getting power and doing something about it. I do not buy he was joking at all. The reality is he is unelectable. The NP attracted one attendee at a meeting I was at. Just me and the staffers spent the night watching a football match. Let is now let them die peacefully and ban their mention here in future. I told youse that for years..

Fam Shox

Reaction score
Yes, but that is the point.
Barrett said his campaign was a joke or protest. He said he had zero chance. He did not campaign and he spent zero money. But he still walloped Reynolds which was all he wanted. That was some win for him.

Gemma is different. She wants out of the system altogether and sees the system as completely owned and rigged. And with a turnout of less than 50% it looks like a lot of people agree.
We all know the system is rigged, but ask Gemma this - how many people could she have got her message to if she herself had been successful when she ran for office as opposed to how many she does now. It's not about Brussels, it's about reaching more people.

Z

Zipporah's Flint

There are no such beings as 'inbred culchies' but the establishment do like to sneer at the Irish race, for sure.

Actually there are but not Catholics one- Catholicism (and Anglicanism and Orthodox Christianity) bans cousin marriage. However historically it was not allowed but practiced on a significant scale by Baptists and Presbyterians. The whole Nordie thing that you find on both sides of the "Peace Wall" about "themuns are inbred" comes from old Anglican but also Catholic sneers in regards to the "Dissenters". I also not sure that cousin marriage is the horror that some people make it out to be.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Apparently inter breeding like that is a serious issue in Pakistan, and hence now in the UK.
Its a major problem = = Huge expense of looking after these mentally and physically handicapped children for the, British Taxpayers ~ Irish Taxpayers ~ Western Taxpayers ~

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom