Gold at $25000. Silver at $600.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Within a few cents of $30 so expect an all out effort to sell it down.

Still 5 hours left in the week.
Try and buy a silver eagles for less than 34$
Or a one ounce bar for that matter.

Kangal

Slava Ukraini!
New
Reaction score
Investing and speculation involves luck and superstition.
I noticed that silver broke to the upside the exact moment that @Fishalt banned @Kangal for a week. Kangle is just bad luck.
Until Fishaltt is gone as mod, OR Wolf is contained you can go fuck yourself.

I can say this in every thread you copy me into. Let me know.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240412-173703_Finance.jpg

Look how silver reversed the minute you looked in today.

You are just bad luck a chara.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic. Gold will soon break 2500 dollars then. I hope he stays there because this boom in the precious metals will be historic.

I expect slver to go well into the 100s
The 30 year average ratio is 68
Expect about 36/38 dollars in a few weeks.
Then who knows.
Paper gold v real gold is the question.
How does that work.?

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It refers to the amount of contracts promising the bearer to have an ounce delivered to him.

But more are promised than exist.
But unless they demand the gold it means very little.

That is my understanding, I never bothered to much with it.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Any the story with derivatives is similiar. It means nothing until it might, if a giant movement in price occurred.

Wolf

Reaction score
Until Fishaltt is gone as mod, OR Wolf is contained you can go fuck yourself.

I can say this in every thread you copy me into. Let me know.
Bot broke.😎

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
It refers to the amount of contracts promising the bearer to have an ounce delivered to him.

But more are promised than exist.
But unless they demand the gold it means very little.

That is my understanding, I never bothered to much with it.
Ah!
Your certificate for your bit of the unallocated gold that's supposed to be in a vault somewhere in London, Newyork, Perth etc!

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Take the futures market.

A person can just write a contract for gold. Say a 100 ounces.
He promises to deliver the 100 ounces in say 3 months at a price of 2500 dollars an ounce. He sells this to me. But in 3 months if gold is at 2499 . That contract is worthless. I lost my money, the seller keeps my money that I paid for the contract.

So let's say that a few days before the time is up that it lookslike the price is going above 2500. The other lad can just write 10 or20 or a 1000 new contracts and put them for sale.
This will drive down the priceand the time runs out and they are all worthless.

He never had any gold to back his promises.

It is called naked short selling. It is legal and it works.

Until the day it doesn't, when the price goes above 2500 when the physical gold is all bought up at 2500.

They the seller is screwed.

Then they change the rules.

As they did in 1980 with the Hunt Brothers and with silver.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A dull and slightly down open for silver

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have merged the gold and silver threads into one. Gold has risen TEN TIMES from where I bought most, it has taken a long time.

It is now very quickly going to rise another TEN TIMES. It is going to be the greatest wealth transfer in history and most people will be wiped out who are invested in stocks, bonds and even real estate. Real estate is collapsing here from rising rates and even worse, tenants will not [ay their rent.

Silver will at least double gold's rise and it is headed to at least $600 an ounce.

Rising interest rates means the system is doomed. It is heading now to 5% and soon the interest on just the federal debt will be two trillion.

It is game over.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I have merged the gold and silver threads into one. Gold has risen TEN TIMES from where I bought most, it has taken a long time.

It is now very quickly going to rise another TEN TIMES. It is going to be the greatest wealth transfer in history and most people will be wiped out who are invested in stocks, bonds and even real estate. Real estate is collapsing here from rising rates and even worse, tenants will not [ay their rent.

Silver will at least double gold's rise and it is headed to at least $600 an ounce.

Rising interest rates means the system is doomed. It is heading now to 5% and soon the interest on just the federal debt will be two trillion.

It is game over.
Won't happen Dec. Grandpa Fed will step in to keep Fiat king and ensure the money supply is liquid because the game is to keep money spent for productively, not speculatively. Happy you're having a win but the world's not ending anytime soon. Don't ask me how they'll do it. But I can guarantee you they will whether it makes sense, is fair or isn't.

Also higher interest rates don't necessarily correspond to downturn in demand for property and lower pricing. Believe me, I live in a country where the entire wealthy system is built on property, more or less. It depends on a range of market factors. Here in Kangaroo land, Uncle Sam keeps the bubble from bursting through unsustainable immigration. Housing prices have remained elevated here even in the face of successive interest rate hikes. Hell, even this doesn't need to happen. The RBA literally doubled the money supply, sunk it all into bonds of various descriptions and then just dumped them on their balance sheets. Then the banks just took all the new capital and ballooned-out the housing bubble.

Many ways to skin a cat is what I'm saying, I suppose.

Last edited:

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Do you have the app Zillow.

Use it to check real estate listing near me in Dedham Massachusetts, say a 30 mile radius.

You will see massive price reductions as lads are left holding very hot potatoes.
Emigrants will not be buying 2 million dollar houses. New listing are flooding in, it is going to be a bloodbath here in as little as 6 weeks as they lower the ask again.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

This is a close example. Just 27 days on the market and the price is dropped $40000.
No cheap money.
The bank's won't lend unless you have a serious percentage of the price saved.
Most US citizens have under a $ 1000 in their bank account.
Blackstone etc totally outbid everyone else when cheap money was available putting unrealistic expectations for sellers out there.
Plus the home part was by the way.
It's an asset to flip not a longterm home.
Getting messy.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Both gold and silver is getting a good pasting now. We are in a monstrous deflation despite rising prices. Hose prices now dropping etc etc etc

Popular Threads

Top Bottom