How much did the invention of nuclear bombs contribute to the fall of belief in God in the West?

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a theory that the almost complete collapse of Christianity in the West following World War II was not neglecting that it had been in decline before hand for various other reasons was down in a large part to the invention of nuclear bombs because these gave humanity for the first time the power- or so it was believed- to destroy the planet something which before had seem only in the capability of God. I would be interested to hear what people think about this theory.

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score
Though when push comes to shove, they scurry back like Mr JFK during 13 days in 1962

20221016201044_3fb0c0954e9ca7f06bf1cd076e0e0808763c4cc97e9ecb3d4def54897b83aa48.jpg

Hermit

Reaction score
I believe it is possible that nuclear bombs are fake, but for all intents and purposes they are real in the sense that everyone believes in them so the end result is the same.

There is a theory that the almost complete collapse of Christianity in the West following World War II was not neglecting that it had been in decline before hand for various other reasons was down in a large part to the invention of nuclear bombs because these gave humanity for the first time the power- or so it was believed- to destroy the planet something which before had seem only in the capability of God. I would be interested to hear what people think about this theory.
You've hit the nail on the head here. The idea that humans can destroy earth is a common theme among globalists - nuclear bombs, global warming, asteroids, meteors...the message is that earth is in constant danger of destruction. The idea of earth being a planet, an object, that can be destroyed is basically the globalists saying God doesn't exist, another way to push atheism, another way for humans to think themselves as the God. As if God would allow or enable us to destroy his creation.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
You would think that, the possiblity of a Big Boom would maybe turn some people to " God " ! !

Reactions: jpc

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
You would think that, the possiblity of a Big Boom would maybe turn some people to " God " ! !
The possibility of using Big Boom weapons gives the controllers the powers of angry-god the destroyer(devil).

Perhaps with the advent of stratospheric jets & space rockets the skies above were explored, mapped & photoed which showed people there was no special mysterious heaven zone, no afterlife sanctuary to discover, just a direct route for nukes to navigate on targets below - Then, as it turns out, the faithful rapturously transcend above by mushroom cloud in their atomised spiritual form. They have returned to God of the Infinite but they know Biden👺did it!

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
A good OP followed by two halfwitted responses.

I think the Hermit raised a point worth exploring and to a lesser extent SeekTheFair did also.

The letting off of nuclear bombs coincided with the emergence of the whole flying saucer phenomena and it is hard for me to not see those two things as connected.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Miss what are Jesus' teachings on extraterrestrial life?

valamhic

Reaction score
I disagree. Nuclear bombs enable man to destroy the humans in parts of the planet. As we see in Chernobyl the planet soon recovers. God is said to be able to do the same but God can construct it back again. Man cannot do that. It was education reduced religion. Both formal and informal. Things like the Hubble space telescope
and quantum mechanics reduced the need to invent an almighty being.

valamhic

Reaction score
Well the idea of Angelic life being on other planets has a long history of acceptance within Christianity and before that it was there in Second Temple Judaism as well.
1st I heard of it and I was at school till I was 11.

valamhic

Reaction score
Miss what are Jesus' teachings on extraterrestrial life?
He never said one word about it, or about the Earths geography, He said nothing to be later prover right or wrong.

It must be said that man still knows very little about nature including what is below our feet, what is out in space and what is within the atom. In fact sub atomic nature tends to support the idea of a super God. No one of this site
is intelligent enough to understand sub antimonic nature except me. Moreover no one here can ever achieve it because you need to start off with land and cows.

Hermit

Reaction score
The letting off of nuclear bombs coincided with the emergence of the whole flying saucer phenomena and it is hard for me to not see those two things as connected.
1658609515114776.jpg

You believe a lot of stupid shit is possible

This the same guy I recall who had the audacity to tell me that his flat-eartherism has nothing to do with religion ("God"), or atheism 🙄
You're a dumb cunt, I wiped the floor with you in the flat earth threads here and on PISH. Flat earth still has nothing to do with religion. A creator is a necessary antecedent for flat earth.

Hermit

Reaction score
Operation Fishbowl was part of Operation Dominic. So they named their operations of exploding bombs in the sky Fishbowl (firmament) and Dominic, which means:

Dominic, Dominik or Dominick is a male given name common among Roman Catholics and other Latin-Romans. Originally from the late Roman-Italic name "Dominicus", its translation means "Lordly", "Belonging to God" or "of the Master".

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
You believe a lot of stupid shit is possible

This the same guy I recall who had the audacity to tell me that his flat-eartherism has nothing to do with religion ("God"), or atheism 🙄

You're a dumb cunt, I wiped the floor with you in the flat earth threads here and on PISH. Flat earth still has nothing to do with religion. A creator is a necessary antecedent for flat earth.

Seriously one of the top contemporary Flat Earthers, if not the top one, Eric Dubay, is a Buddhist and from the vantage point of Christianity, Islam and yes even Platonism as such Buddhism is an atheistic philosophy though it does not fit in with in most of it's forms with contemporary Occidental materialism.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
The irony here is that there is credible evidence to suggest a nuclear bomb was never manufactured. Basically more moon landing level fakery and war propaganda. There were no reports of serious side effects or cancer coming out of the Japanese cities in the years afterward. These cities were made of wood at the time, and a very very large bomb (Big Boy) could credibly have created similar devastation .

No casualties were suffered as a result of any persistent radioactivity of fission products of the bomb, or any induced radioactivity of objects near the explosion. The gamma radiations emitted by the nuclear explosion did not, of course, inflict any damage on structures.

Hermit

Reaction score
lol A flat-earther can't wipe the floor with anyone (only in their own imagination)

So you're saying that (your) flat-earth (belief) has nothing to do with -

R u sure about that?
I'll spell it out for you, globetard: my knowledge (not belief) that the earth is flat is not based on anything to do with God, it is based on our physical reality in which the surface of water is level, there is no earth curvature, gas pressure requires containment, and that all evidence presented for the globe is logically fallacious and pseudoscience.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom