Meat Is Crucial To The Human Diet

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Obesity in the US has gone through the roof since the 60s.

What happened then?

People began drifting away from real food to high-carb, processed shit, and began eating more often too.

One or two meals a day consisting of meat and vegetables, which we have eaten for thousands of years, and nobody would be fat!
Corn syrup and monounsaturated fats.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
I cut down on meat a number of years ago. At the time I was in the grip of what would now probably be labelled an "eating disorder". I was working all hours to the detriment of my general wellbeing: takeaways every second night, gorging on rubbish 24/7. I stopped playing football, which had kept me fit and healthy for years. I went from 12 stone to almost 18, which is unbelievable to me now looking back.

One day I made a conscious decision to make some lifestyle changes. I started walking to work, stopped ordering takeaways; started eating lots of fruit and vegetables and cut out fizzy drinks and chocolate.

Making these relatively small changes had a huge impact on my life and general wellbeing. I very quickly shed the weight I had gained and felt much more clear minded and focused.

I haven't looked back since.

I understand that the doctors are advised to recommend exercise as the first step in dealing with patients suffering from depression. I wonder to what extent common ailments could be treated much more effectively through simple lifestyle changes as opposed to the current fashion of "treatment" consisting of prescribing a slew of pills.
Good for you. Some interesting new studies on meat:

View: https://twitter.com/Mangan150/status/1775872304821731683

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom