Meat Is Crucial To The Human Diet

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Dozens of experts were asked to look into the science behind claims that meat eating causes disease and is harmful for the planet in a special issue of a journal called Animal Frontiers. They have warned against a widespread societal push towards plant-based diets, arguing that poorer communities with low meat intake often suffer from stunting, wasting and anemia driven by a lack of vital nutrients and protein.

Thousands of scientists across the globe have also joined The Dublin Declaration, a group stating that livestock farming is too important to society to “become the victim of zealotry.” They say that many of the negative claims about meat in our diet are simply not true.

View: https://youtu.be/eKRUuGeTOg0

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
The thing about maggots and culled crickets is that it's best to feed them to fish & fowl who love that sort of thing and then for a result you the diy farmer get to eat smoked trout, scrambled eggs & caviar instead.
Meat "Crucial" ?? Ask the Hindu's and Buddhist's how they survive without, they've got health & happiness too.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Meat definitely isn't crucial. A vegan diet is extremely healthy if done correctly, it's just that doing this is extremely difficult and most fail at it.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Meat definitely isn't crucial. A vegan diet is extremely healthy if done correctly, it's just that doing this is extremely difficult and most fail at it.
I think that depends on what one does with ones life. I would contend that for physical work/exercise meat is essential, although I am sure there are exceptions who have manged both, but as one who has done plenty of manual work in the past, working alongside vegetarians/vegans can be frustrating to say the least.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that depends on what one does with ones life. I would contend that for physical work/exercise meat is essential, although I am sure there are exceptions who have manged both, but as one who has done plenty of manual work in the past, working alongside vegetarians/vegans can be frustrating to say the least.
A hard labour job is possible on a Vegan diet, but the sheer amount of food that needs to be eaten is ungodly. Vegetables have very low caloric value compared to meat and dairy.

willow

Reaction score
They are 'vaccinating' all livestock with mrna 'vaccines' in the US - and they are trying similar over here. But strange cattle deaths are blamed on 'climate change'
Meat consumption creates the healthiest and brainiest humans - a fact clearly not lost on the haters of all creation. Hence the war on meat and the drive to reduce us to eat flies like Renfield in the novel Dracula
I dont understnd the cognitive dissonance in the normies tbh.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
They are 'vaccinating' all livestock with mrna 'vaccines' in the US - and they are trying similar over here. But strange cattle deaths are blamed on 'climate change'
Meat consumption creates the healthiest and brainiest humans - a fact clearly not lost on the haters of all creation. Hence the war on meat and the drive to reduce us to eat flies like Renfield in the novel Dracula
My GF has been vegetarian since she was 3 and is very healthy. She's a pro at this point however. Hasn't affected her negatively in any way from what I can see. Not a big red meat eater myself. I generally prefer seafood.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

It is "Pastoral Power" I think- they don't believe in God yet they have a strong emotional need to feel "looked after" so to speak, so they project the feelings and thoughts a Believer will have towards God towards human ruling elites. We saw this during Covid- a lot of people loved all the regulations being passed down because they were making them feel loved by the elites.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
A hard labour job is possible on a Vegan diet, but the sheer amount of food that needs to be eaten is ungodly. Vegetables have very low caloric value compared to meat and dairy.
Vegetables can have a very high energy content, think of a plate of chips.

What is problematic is the concentration of protein which tends to be low in vegetable matter, again, there are exceptions such as peanuts, but on the whole we depend upon animals to extract and concentrate the protein in plant material.

We cannot digest or live on grass, but cows can thanks to their wholly different digestive system and physiology. They take what is in the green leaf and turn it into milk and meat, something that we monogastrics are unable to do.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
It is "Pastoral Power" I think- they don't believe in God yet they have a strong emotional need to feel "looked after" so to speak, so they project the feelings and thoughts a Believer will have towards God towards human ruling elites. We saw this during Covid- a lot of people loved all the regulations being passed down because they were making them feel loved by the elites.
To my mind it was more a case of siding with the bully, a wholly common and unfortunate aspect of human behaviour.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Vegetables can have a very high energy content, think of a plate of chips.

What is problematic is the concentration of protein which tends to be low in vegetable matter, again, there are exceptions such as peanuts, but on the whole we depend upon animals to extract and concentrate the protein in plant material.

We cannot digest or live on grass, but cows can thanks to their wholly different digestive system and physiology. They take what is in the green leaf and turn it into milk and meat, something that we monogastrics are unable to do.
This is partially a myth. Protein is in pretty much everything we eat, even potatoes. We're definitely evolved to be omnivorous, though.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
This is partially a myth. Protein is in pretty much everything we eat, even potatoes. We're definitely evolved to be omnivorous, though.
It is indeed, but it is the concentration of it that is the problem.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
It is indeed, but it is the concentration of it that is the problem.
Most people won't ever have an issue with protein issues on a vegetarian or vegan diet. You'll get your RDI pretty comfortably. Might be a different deal if you're bodybuilding or similar. B12 is a bigger problem. GF has to watch her levels.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see why people hate vegans though. There's nothing worse than a judgmental, preachy vegan. GF definitely isn't. Never brings it up and studiously avoids talking about it as much as possible, because discussions about it all seem to go the same way and end in disaster. I eat steaks in front of her on the rare occasion I feel like one. It's not an issue for us.

willow

Reaction score
My GF has been vegetarian since she was 3 and is very healthy. She's a pro at this point however. Hasn't affected her negatively in any way from what I can see. Not a big red meat eater myself. I generally prefer seafood.
I am vegetarian myself - mostly - as in I'd eat meat at Christmas or when I am run down.. I feel as an older female, this suits my body best. But ofc my children were reared on good beef - I find the drive to inject our best sources of protein with their witches brew of mrna poison sinister in the extreme

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I am vegetarian myself - mostly - as in I'd eat meat at Christmas or when I am run down.. I feel as an older female, this suits my body best. But ofc my children were reared on good beef - I find the drive to inject our best sources of protein with their witches brew of mrna poison sinister in the extreme
I grew up rural and have killed animals for food. Ducks, quail, chicken. I'm a hobby fisherman and have killed and eaten hundreds, if not thousands of fish over the years. Never killed a mammal. Doubt I could. Couldn't kill any of the aforementioned now apart from fish. I do believe strongly that if people had to kill their own meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians and vegans in the world.

I'm mostly pescatarian, but I'll veer off occasionally. I could do vegetarian easily enough. But try and take dairy away from me and yeah, we've got a problem.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
I grew up rural and have killed animals for food. Ducks, quail, chicken. I'm a hobby fisherman and have killed and eaten hundreds, if not thousands of fish over the years. Never killed a mammal. Doubt I could. Couldn't kill any of the aforementioned now apart from fish. I do believe strongly that if people had to kill their own meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians and vegans in the world.

I'm mostly pescatarian, but I'll veer off occasionally. I could do vegetarian easily enough. But try and take dairy away from me and yeah, we've got a problem.
My new word for the day!

:)

Popular Threads

Top Bottom