Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Has anyone the video of the attack, I hear it is doing the rounds

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Claims of a vigilante reaction to the rape made by Irish Times:

A group of men with dogs, sticks, and a baseball bat arrived at about 12.45 pm at the encampment, comprised of about 15 tents in a forest area, on the bank of the Tolka river on River Road, near the Ashtown pound.

They shouted, “Get out. Get out” and “Pack up and get out now. Now.”

A German shepherd and an American pit bull terrier were among the four dogs that they owned. A young Polish man who had been sleeping there since last year was allegedly assaulted by one of the men wearing a black balaclava and another carrying a baseball bat.

The men, who were all white and Irish, claimed the campers had participated in a local assault when confronted by The Irish Times and asked why they were attacking the camp.
Since August, six to eight men—Polish, Croatian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Indian, and Scottish—have reportedly resided at the camp without incident. However, in recent days, video of the camp has gone viral on social media. One user who posted the video on Twitter said, "It's like a tiny community. They claim to be Irish. They’re not f**king Irish.”

Shortly after the men and dogs left, a Garda visited the camp and spoke with the residents. One, a Polish male (20) claimed to The Irish Times that he had been struck by a baseball bat many times. He said that his arm was not broken despite appearing upset. “I have strong bones, but the tendons are sore”.

They would leave the camp and the majority of their possessions and head to the city center, according to a second man in his 30s from Portugal.

“This is serious. They mean business. We will just have to pack up and go, that’s it and not come back here. I will bring my documents and my bags and that’s all I need. It’s going to get worse if we stay,” he said.

A third Hungarian man was enraged. He said he didn't know how to feel after the incident while rolling a cigarette.

“I came to this country to work. I became homeless because I got f**ked over. This is the last thing we want, to be homeless. We are here in this place seven months, very peaceful. Nobody notice we are here and then somebody puts up something.

“I would really gladly go back to my own country but this country owes me a bit of money. I like Irish people but when they start being racist, I cannot take it. That was scary. I never experienced anything like that, never.”

After the event, a 30-year-old Indian man who had earlier talked to The Irish Times about how he came to reside at the camp refused to say anything. He quietly took down his tent and gathered his possessions.

The men gave The Irish Times a tour of the camp before the attack and gave an explanation of how they came to be living there. According to the Indian man, he moved to Ireland in April to work as a cook. When his first employment failed to materialize, he was unable to continue paying for a roommate with €550 per month. In June, he lost his home and was living on the streets. Since then, he has worked as a server for a well-known IT company for 25 hours per week.

The Portuguese man, who has been in Ireland for two years, lost his employment at a hotel in the city center after telling a “funny joke” to a Brazilian customer who, he says, reported him to his manager.

They claimed that rough-sleeper outreach teams brought food, sleeping bags, and advice, and that garda checked on them frequently. In charities located in the city center, such as the Lighthouse, Mendicity Institution, and the Capuchin Day Center, they charged phones, laundered clothes, and had showers.

A Garda spokesman confirmed there had been an “incident on River Road. Gardaí responded quickly and engaged with those present. There was no report of any injuries and no formal complaints made at this time.”

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The Portuguese man, who has been in Ireland for two years, lost his employment at a hotel in the city center after telling a “funny joke” to a Brazilian customer who, he says, reported him to his manager.
Deport the arsehole that ratted him out because he has no sense of humor. The rat is probably a Brazilian version of Mowl

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Looks like Carlow is next to be enriched

Fnqyn4hWIAMDWtY

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Any prediction o n when the next murder will take place.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom