Origins Thread

Tiger

Reaction score
What is your complaint? Describe it
Stop spamming the thread. 2nd warning.

You left out the ‘On the’ part of title and you know it.

It’s only 5:30pm and you are already showing signs of being inebriated. You are also starting to display signs of alcohol induced dementia.

You have a tendency to repeat yourself a lot. You’ve used the infantile ‘80 IQ’ insult in every other post for weeks. You seem to lack capacity to even have a variety of insults.

https://www.dementia.org.au/about-dementia/types-of-dementia/alcohol-related-dementia

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Enough about yer tramp partner.

Tiger

Reaction score
EVOLUTIONARY Biologist Richard Dawkins debates Christian Creationist Wendy Wright #Flashback

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vno1lAydv-8&t=33

James, a couple of things to mention about this video you posted from dirty old man Dawkins.

Firstly, I’ve never met anyone with a 3rd level education that thinks of Dawkins as an intellectual heavyweight like you do. He’s a poor man’s intellectual. He is normally popular with teenagers and immature adults. He’s effectively an entertainer, not a valid source of scholarly debate.

Like a cowardly boxer afraid to fight at his own weight, he always picks his opponents to purposefully create entertainment ( like the video you posted) and he avoids difficult debate and this video that you’ve posted here is exhibit A of that.

Famously in 2011 he avoided debate with William Lane Craig at Oxford. He refused the challenge and his chair remained empty. So William simply gave a lecture instead.

William Lane Craig isn’t even a particularly difficult opponent, which will tell you all you need about the pervert Dawkins.

Dawkins schickt is to present his strawman arguments in an arrogant tone with simplified or distorted versions of religious beliefs, he never engages with sophisticated theological positions.

In point of fact he always displays that he is ignorant of sophisticated theological arguments or the writings of prominent theologians. He always avoids the broader spectrum of religious thought.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Lennox is pretty impressive in those clips ~ ~ But, I am still only a believer in Moderation of Religion / Religion of Moderation.

Tiger

Reaction score
In this video, Francis Collins (a physician-geneticist noted for his visionary leadership of the Human Genome Project) explains why he rejected Atheism & embraced Christianity.

Tiger

Reaction score
Note…👆🏻The sites resident drunk - James gives the video above a laughing emoji 10 seconds after it’s posted.

That will tell you everything you need to know about James and how his dipso ever shrinking, alcohol addled brain works. Can’t think, won’t think.

Tiger

Reaction score
A common fallacy that your average atheist in the street often makes is that the question of belief in God is in some way incompatible with science. This of course is nonsense. Most of the most famous scientists who have ever existed believed in God, including Einstein.

Here Andrew Huberman from MIT (probably the most famous neuroscientist on the planet) lays out why he believes in God and how there is no conflict with science

Here Oxford’s John Lennox does the same

Tiger

Reaction score
Fun fact*

Here are a list of prominent scientists that believed in God and also helped form much of what makes up modern science.

Sir Isaac Newton
Galileo
Blaise Pascal
Johannes Kepler
Mendel
George Washington Carver
Louis Pasteur
Michael Faraday
Max Planck
Werner Heisenberg
Francis Collins
Henrietta Swan Leavitt
John Lennox
William Philips
John Polkinghorne
Freeman Dyson
Robert Boyle
Francis Bacon
Copernicus
Max Born
Arthur Compton
George’s Lemaitre
John Eccles
Guglielmo Marconi
Charles Townes
John Bardeen
Charles Hard Townes
Simon Stevin
John Polanyi

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Note…👆🏻The sites resident drunk - James gives the video above a laughing emoji 10 seconds after it’s posted. That will tell you everything you need to know about James and how his dipso ever shrinking, alcohol addled brain works. Can’t think, won’t think.
There seems to be a connection between alcoholism and atheism. The two laughs the Professor got were from a pair of piss heads!

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
A common fallacy that your average atheist in the street often makes is that the question of belief in God is in some way incompatible with science. This of course is nonsense. Most of the most famous scientists who have ever existed believed in God, including Einstein.

Here Andrew Huberman from MIT (probably the most famous neuroscientist on the planet) lays out why he believes in God and how there is no conflict with science

Here Oxford’s John Lennox does the same

A friend of mine was campaigning to keep the 8 th and she found that a lot of people were more interested in discussing the existence with God with her than the wrongs or rights of abortion on demand or better they for some reasons saw the two things as very much intertwinned. It is of course very possible to be a Theist though not a Catholic and support abortion on demand up to the eighth month and to be an atheist and oppose it.

Allied to this I think a lot of the time people are atheists or indeed Theists not for actual reasonings but for other reasons that no amount of rational argumentation can pierce.

Tiger

Reaction score
A friend of mine was campaigning to keep the 8 th and she found that a lot of people were more interested in discussing the existence with God with her than the wrongs or rights of abortion on demand or better they for some reasons saw the two things as very much intertwinned. It is of course very possible to be a Theist though not a Catholic and support abortion on demand up to the eighth month and to be an atheist and oppose it.

Allied to this I think a lot of the time people are atheists or indeed Theists not for actual reasonings but for other reasons that no amount of rational argumentation can pierce.
Yes, it’s interesting that hardcore Atheists, (particularly entertainers like Dawkins, who makes a lot of money from his stance) have admitted that even if they were presented with evidence of God, that they still wouldn’t believe.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Yes, it’s interesting that hardcore Atheists, (particularly entertainers like Dawkins, who makes a lot of money from his stance) have admitted that even if they were presented with evidence of God, that they still wouldn’t believe.
I outlined the opposite scenario (below) to Ms Catherine who wouldn't answer it and Tadgh Gaelach who said he'd still believe.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
I outlined the opposite scenario (below) to Ms Catherine who wouldn't answer it and Tadgh Gaelach who said he'd still believe.

The New Testament says that Christians will suffer- often very harshly in this life.

God infinitely transcends human consciousness- now I see a lot of things much more rationally and clearly now that I did as a kid or as a young adult as I am sure most of us do, well God sees even more rationally and with greater clarity than the wisest of the elderly. So of course things that won't make sense to us will make sense to Him.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom