The Final Blackpill

SeekTheFairLand

Reaction score

Sorry bros. You’re not ready for this one. It’s too painful to accept.

You will never be Indian.

I think what Indians understood and the rest of the world clearly doesn’t, is that a religion is also supposed to be fun. It’s supposed to provide a framework that every aspect of human life can be fitted into.

The desire for reason. The desire for mysticism. The darkness of life. The untold senseless misery. And yes, the celebration, the joy, the lust. All of it needs to have a place. You can’t just take half the human condition, declare it “sinful” and “forbidden” and discard it like that.

And because different people have different needs, a religion needs to be able to fit varying human perspectives. Hinduism can do this. If you are an “alpha male”, you feel attracted to Shri Ram. If you are a kinder gentle soul, you may feel attracted to Shri Krishna. If you have a lot of darkness in you, you may feel attracted to Kali.

How is this supposed to work in Christianity? “Yeah, I’ve got a bit of a dark side to me, so the God I choose to worship is called… Satan! Wait, I think I’m doing Christianity wrong…” Rather than being able to incorporate a lot of different human tendencies, human tendencies are forcibly narrowed down until they fit into the Christian framework.

Catholics at least have Mary and the saints, but even Catholicism just can not offer room for the inevitable diversity of human religious expression. And the reality is also, that Christianity, especially Catholicism, is dying out in its European heartland. To some degree the clergy has itself to thank for that, but the reality is also just that we inherited a far less versatile religious tradition than Indians did.

Try finding a community of Catholics anywhere in the world, who are as ecstatically dancing and singing for a saint, as those Hindus are for Shri Ram. In India, Hinduism isn’t really “conservative”, it just is. It is able to adjust to the modern era, like it always has adjusted in the past. In Hinduism, Gods freely come and go. Brahma, the creator in the trimurti, was once worshipped just like Vishnu and Shiva are, but now his cult is nearly gone.

Similarly, the fact that Hinduism has a left hand and a right hand path, means that people who are prone to rebel against society, can still be Hindus. Consider for example, the Aghori. I’ve mentioned them before. They are radical Shaivists who follow a left-hand path. And they appeal to a young Indian man’s imagination just as they do to mine. That is how you get a living organic religion.

What we have in the West now is the vacuum of a dying religion being filled by a new religion, that consists of inventing new genders and where the highest sacrament is to create fake penises and vaginas for depressed teenagers. That’s our new religion. You can call me an LSWM, but be honest:

What other place can you think of, where people are so ecstatic in their religious devotion as those Indians, other than a Western pride parade? For many young teenage girls, seeing the pride parade with a bunch of guys in thongs dancing around is the closest they’ve ever come to experiencing religious ecstasy.

Hermit

Reaction score
Thank fuck.

FtOm0LDXoAAMynt

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry bros. You’re not ready for this one. It’s too painful to accept.

I think what Indians understood and the rest of the world clearly doesn’t, is that a religion is also supposed to be fun. It’s supposed to provide a framework that every aspect of human life can be fitted into.

The desire for reason. The desire for mysticism. The darkness of life. The untold senseless misery. And yes, the celebration, the joy, the lust. All of it needs to have a place. You can’t just take half the human condition, declare it “sinful” and “forbidden” and discard it like that.

And because different people have different needs, a religion needs to be able to fit varying human perspectives. Hinduism can do this. If you are an “alpha male”, you feel attracted to Shri Ram. If you are a kinder gentle soul, you may feel attracted to Shri Krishna. If you have a lot of darkness in you, you may feel attracted to Kali.

How is this supposed to work in Christianity? “Yeah, I’ve got a bit of a dark side to me, so the God I choose to worship is called… Satan! Wait, I think I’m doing Christianity wrong…” Rather than being able to incorporate a lot of different human tendencies, human tendencies are forcibly narrowed down until they fit into the Christian framework.

Catholics at least have Mary and the saints, but even Catholicism just can not offer room for the inevitable diversity of human religious expression. And the reality is also, that Christianity, especially Catholicism, is dying out in its European heartland. To some degree the clergy has itself to thank for that, but the reality is also just that we inherited a far less versatile religious tradition than Indians did.

Try finding a community of Catholics anywhere in the world, who are as ecstatically dancing and singing for a saint, as those Hindus are for Shri Ram. In India, Hinduism isn’t really “conservative”, it just is. It is able to adjust to the modern era, like it always has adjusted in the past. In Hinduism, Gods freely come and go. Brahma, the creator in the trimurti, was once worshipped just like Vishnu and Shiva are, but now his cult is nearly gone.

Similarly, the fact that Hinduism has a left hand and a right hand path, means that people who are prone to rebel against society, can still be Hindus. Consider for example, the Aghori. I’ve mentioned them before. They are radical Shaivists who follow a left-hand path. And they appeal to a young Indian man’s imagination just as they do to mine. That is how you get a living organic religion.

What we have in the West now is the vacuum of a dying religion being filled by a new religion, that consists of inventing new genders and where the highest sacrament is to create fake penises and vaginas for depressed teenagers. That’s our new religion. You can call me an LSWM, but be honest:

What other place can you think of, where people are so ecstatic in their religious devotion as those Indians, other than a Western pride parade? For many young teenage girls, seeing the pride parade with a bunch of guys in thongs dancing around is the closest they’ve ever come to experiencing religious ecstasy.
I personally prefer Buddhism, which at the end of all things is cleaned up and refined Hinduism I suppose. It requires no faith nor belief in Deities. Indeed it takes a punt on the 'Big' questions which other organised religions profess to have solved, such as who created the universe, and why etc. Buddhism kind of just shrugs, and says' We'll probably never know'. Regardless of who or what, you will still have to live this life'.

I don't think there are concepts in any other major doctrine of belief that are truisms, in the sense that samsara and karma are. The latter here is something that people think they understand, but they don't. Karma isn't just how you act and what you do, for the Buddhists. It is the entire psychological/psychic framework of your entire mind. It is also what one thinks, and feels, and all of them are intricately and inextricably interwoven. Everything one does, thinks and feels creates Karma.

The world is a trick, the Buddhists say, to keep one in a perpetual cycle of suffering, relief, and elation, and this process is driven by time which is an illusion, and not real. Very few birds escape this net. Striving, attaining, losing, desiring, over and over again. This creates attachment, which leads to suffering because all things are in a state of flux and change and attachment is a karmic state of permanence.

Let go or be dragged, the Buddhists say.

Suffering arises, primarily, from the desire for permanence in an impermanent universe. The dire for the permanence of states of joy, for people, possessions,and perhaps more importantly, the permanence of the concept of self--the dreams people have of who they are.The beauty (or perhaps tragedy) of Samsara is that you can see it working, in the material world whether you believe in the grander scheme of it or not. Nobody is the same person as they were when they three as when they are forty-three. Every cell in their body has changed. Their mind has changed completely. If we are to look deeply, through introspection, we can see that a human dies and is reborn many times in a single lifetime. So what's the trick to getting off the merry-go-round? The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts. If you can do that, you win the game. That is what Nirvana is; escape from the cycle of death and rebirth. Do that, and you become a Buddha. There's not been many. Godspeed.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom