New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Surely there is a tommy thread, if not, start one

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score

another jewish program today

Under the new hate speech laws which I am not sure when they are coming into effect both Shoah denial and making light of the Shoah will be illegal in the Republic of Ireland. I have a fear that Gemma is going to end being imprisoned.

willow

Reaction score
Under the new hate speech laws which I am not sure when they are coming into effect both Shoah denial and making light of the Shoah will be illegal in the Republic of Ireland. I have a fear that Gemma is going to end being imprisoned.
That fact alone lets me believe she may have a point.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
That fact alone lets me believe she may have a point.

The thing is that some people on both sides of that argument are a lot more convincing than others. No one can seriously deny that there was the mass murder of Jews and people from Jewish backgrounds in the Ukraine, Belarus and parts of the Baltic countries and Poland by shooting as Jews and people from Jewish backgrounds and not as partisans, etc. Even Alfred Rosenberg- no friend of Jews as Jews- complained about this (he was later hung by the Allies because his propaganda was blamed for how things worked out). Other issues are more complex.

Another problem is that most of the scholarship done by both sides has been done by people who have strong political and/or emotional investments with one "narrative" or the other which does not necessarily dismiss their work but it is something you have to take into account. Than there is the way it is used politically, very nimbly and sometimes in even contradictory ways, by contemporary elites which means it has moved on from being solely or even mainly about the actual events of those times. It is unclear whether the new laws will prohibit the critique of that usage which is what is really annoying me.

It is also extremely annoying for me that we have an official "Holocaust Rememberance Day" here but no offical rememberance day for An Gorta Mor/the Irish Holocaust.

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Gemma has once again said she's "in love" with Adolf Hitler.

She got a serious crush on the Fúhrer.

One of the major intellectual founders of the post-World War II actual Far Right was this crazy half Greek half French wan who adopted Hinduism and so called her Savitri Devi (I forget the name her parents gave her). If you read the third part of her magnum opus "The Lightening and The Sun" which deals with Hitler, his regime and WWII it becomes pretty obvious that she has a massive erotic infatuation with the "Furher". Also significantly more German women than men voted for the NSADP- I don't understand it myself but obviously he did have a certain magnetism over sections of the female half of humanity back than.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Use the full words of an abbreviation first and them the abbreviation.
If you personally learn how to spell then I actually agree with you.

Ms Catherine might as well be talking about the mating rituals of the Sperm whale or the death rites in Madagascar for all I know when she goes on a Jew rant.

But you, you inbred fucker. L E A R N at least to spell you fucking spastic before you come on here again.

Understand??????

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
The bastard is on the piss again with chape beer at Witherspoons. No wonder she left him.
GodsDog used to accuse you of being a former detective in the Guards. You're quite astute in your observations so he may have been right.

I was indeed in Spoons (among other places) yesterday and came home and drunk posted.

My apologies Sir.

Declan

Administrator
Staff member
New
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Your only crime was giving money to Spoons.

willow

Reaction score
GodsDog used to accuse you of being a former detective in the Guards. You're quite astute in your observations so he may have been right.

I was indeed in Spoons (among other places) yesterday and came home and drunk posted.

My apologies Sir.
That IS accurate😳

Popular Threads

Top Bottom