There is no God

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
Study the issue Sir? I can't see what requires study. One's own eyes and ears of what they see happening about them and Worldwide is what would give someone an idea of a God of some kind. Not theology. That's just grandiose for the ego.

An illiterate man would have just as much sense of the existence of a God as some bookworm dork with elbow patches on his dinner jacket.
In fairness ~ A simple man in a simple world is more likely to know of God ! !

For, The Simple Man is unlikely to think / believe that he is God ! !

Man here being ~ human kind.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Man is born to live, to suffer, and to die, and what befalls him is a tragic lot.

Thomas Wolfe
There! That's where God is to be seen, consider the great Christian Schism Wars of many years gone by, 30-100 years in their duration.
When the armies had done their worst and moved on there would have been great devastation which could be put down as God's work and with the promise of eternal life it must have given great comfort to those who were dispatched and those loved ones who sadly missed them.
God exists - The hope and comfort (especially for kids.)

Idi O'Min

Reaction score
Ah Sham do something with goats again. I thought that was your most creative period❤
I don't think I was ever a goat. I was a frog for a good while and enjoyed that.

Anyway, the I.M.L.A. did their bit during the Convid -1984 Scamdemic and indeed helped to stop a few people from getting jabbed. We are resting at the moment and preparing ourselves for the next battle.

We are preparing ourselves now to stop Mary Loo McToenails from getting re-elected in the next General Election and to eventually smash the traitor globohomo party called SF (note - we were responsible for Kate O'Connell's failure at the last GE), I am in contact with a former political leader who has passed over to the other side who, though we are diametrically opposed on many issues, share one common patriotic goal -

iu

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
I agree. Lads, what do you gain by forcing us to second guess who you are. Don't be ashamed of being somewhere else. (*unless it is pIsles). Come out like a man and say who you are.
Come out ye black and trans come out and fight me like a man

Coal Gas and peat

Reaction score
Why should God be a male, would there be genders in heaven? Why did Jesus decide to be a male?

However I find that there does appear to be something out there. I can feel when my luck is in.
Jesus didn't decide to be male val.....he just was

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Unreal Engine 5

View: https://youtu.be/7ZLibi6s_ew

View: https://youtu.be/WU0gvPcc3jQ

If this is where our technology is now, one can only imagine what our technology will be like 100 years from now.

Imagine the tech other civilizations out there must have, civilizations thousands of years ahead of us.

Now imagine God, above all this, God could literally be playing a game on his PC, we are in his PC.

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
If this is where our technology is now, one can only imagine what our technology will be like 100 years from now.

Imagine the tech other civilizations out there must have, civilizations thousands of years ahead of us.

Now imagine God, above all this, God could literally be playing a game on his PC, we are in his PC.

Imagine all the people, living life in peace. Imagine games with no guns. Imagine a kindly considerate Ai God.

P.S. That pulsing signal code which Nasa is recording proves there are Alien comms being transmitted within a galaxy in our local group, scientists are so excited because they've started to crack the code and understand what the aliens are about!!
But the problem now is trying to send them a long distance lazor-sms because it takes 125 earth years to send/receive a text.
Has unknown God done it quicker before ?? Some say the messages have been sent thousands of years ago - It's going to take 2750 years to Lazortext a reply that they may or may not be able to decode??

Zipporah's Flint

Staff member
Reaction score
Dawkins of course doesn't say - "There is no God", as Myles does. Myles is more extreme and I think that he has that clip of Stephen Fry, on whatever that RTÉ Gaybo retirement send-off programme was, playing on loop in his head.

Atheism is a global phenomena but the reasons or at least rationales behind atheism vary from culture to culture. The whole "problem of evil" thing as the main reason for people's atheism is really particular to both the West and to Russia (Greece is different) but again the whole "problem of evil" only really arose with Christianity which is why you get in the first Christian centuries things like Marcionism and Gnosticism.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Where were you when I laid the Earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set--
or who laid its cornerstone,
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?--Job: 38-4-7.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
This one makes some sense

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel.
Myles, the question isn't whether God does or doesn't exist. The question is whether eroding people's faith is a beneficial, humanistic, or helpful pastime.;)

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score

Written by an evicted Palestinian, she makes a sensible point.

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't stand Dawkins. Tells everyone not to have kids and buy dogs instead, but he's got both. What Richard really means is 'You're not worthy to breed, so don't. Only people like myself may breed'.

He's the Cat Stevens of intelligentsia, who goes around supporting violent jihadist regimes, says the penalty for apostasy is death, yet concomitantly sings peace train.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

Dawkins and Dennett connected to Epstein​

Popular Threads

Top Bottom