There is no God

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Meanwhile, where is God? This is one of the most disquieting symptoms. But go to Him when your need is desperate, when all other help is in vain, and what do you find? A door slammed in your face, and a sound of bolting and double bolting on the inside.

CS Lewis

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
What could God be, where could God be, when have you last seen God & the miracle of Gods work/influence?
What's been done lately?

B Love.

T

twochinsmanyarses

Meanwhile, where is God? This is one of the most disquieting symptoms. But go to Him when your need is desperate, when all other help is in vain, and what do you find? A door slammed in your face, and a sound of bolting and double bolting on the inside.

CS Lewis
My Kingdom is not of this world

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
God exists, why would you think he didnt?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
God exists, why would you think he didnt?
Don't you mind whether God exists or not. Why don't you make sure real posters exist and cut out all the socks?

I defended you against Sparky yesterday. Earn your crust FFS

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
Don't you mind whether God exists or not. Why don't you make sure real posters exist and cut out all the socks?

I defended you against Sparky yesterday. Earn your crust FFS
What are you on about?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
There's a rake of sock accounts here, most of them belonging to Sham. Its all well and good putting giphys in the toolbar but when you have posters running amok what's the point?

Anderson

🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪
Reaction score
There's a rake of sock accounts here, most of them belonging to Sham. Its all well and good putting giphys in the toolbar but when you have posters running amok what's the point?
What does that have to do with me?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Am I seeing things or is that "Staff Member" written under your name???

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
Can I just say on this question, you have to have an unprejudiced open mind on it and you have to study it.

You hear all these stories about a priest looking cross eyed at some fella when they were 10 and ever since they knew atheism was the way to go. You still believe Moscow is the capital city of Russia, that your geography teacher taught you, and any dislike of that teacher wouldn't affect your decision on the matter, so why should it with respect to priests? Some people are clearly wallowing in that kind of prejudice, because that's what it is, and there is not a lot of point debating with people like that.

Secondly you have to study it. Again there are people out there who tuned into religion until they were 10, they heard that God loved them but never bothered to study the complexities that that actually leads to, but will dismiss you on the basis of their knowledge of the subject when they were 10.

Its complicated and if you are not prepared to study the issue, i.e. theology from a Christian perspective, not Dawkins etc who are not talking about theology, then I don't know how one can be so dogmatic about it?

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Study the issue Sir? I can't see what requires study. One's own eyes and ears of what they see happening about them and Worldwide is what would give someone an idea of a God of some kind. Not theology. That's just grandiose for the ego.

An illiterate man would have just as much sense of the existence of a God as some bookworm dork with elbow patches on his dinner jacket.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
I'm not saying there isn't one. But if there is, it appears to be a very malevolent being.

(Thread title perhaps should've read Is there a God?)

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
"Bone cancer in children, what's that all about?"

Grow up Myles! No one likes a 12-year-old adult atheist.
Despite Fry being a paedophile that's a very good question to ask the religiosos.

Go on then. Have a go.

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom