Trust the Science

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Most science research these days is fake; driven by greed for funding, corporate control or ideological insanity:

Many years ago I used to be an avid reader of New Scientist and I remember the debate about science, and specifically the funding of it, moving out of academia and into commerce. The grave warnings about its corruption in doing so were countered by the need to gain extra funds as it was becoming too expensive to be funded solely by the taxpayer.

Today it has come to pass that those wise heads who dared suggest that the pursuit of nature's truths would be steered by the lure of money, have been proven 100% correct.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
To me this is proper science at work. Gravity exists in our everyday experience of the universe, but what is it exactly? Nobody really knows and I see no reason why scientists should feel embarrassed by being flummoxed by one of Nature's great puzzles, it just goes to show we are nowhere near as clever as we like to think we are.
In reality and with humility.
The more you discover.
Leads to the realisation of how little you're aware of in the cosmos.
Science is a continuous realisation of the above in its true form.
Nothing is ordained.
The arrogance and obfuscation around covid-19 is the direct opposite of real Science.
Trust the Science is a moronic soundbite for concensus corporate science and its funkiest.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Many years ago I used to be an avid reader of New Scientist and I remember the debate about science, and specifically the funding of it, moving out of academia and into commerce. The grave warnings about its corruption in doing so were countered by the need to gain extra funds as it was becoming too expensive to be funded solely by the taxpayer.

Today it has come to pass that those wise heads who dared suggest that the pursuit of nature's truths would be steered by the lure of money, have been proven 100% correct.
I remember those debates.

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
photo_2023-11-08_09-08-01.jpg

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score

PlunkettsGhost

Reaction score
Tell us Jambo, how you know for a fact that spectroscopy is not a fraud, along with all the other scientific frauds. It's a growing list:

🍿
Add the climate hoax, statin drugs, chemotherapy, the collapse of peer review and the covid era of massive medical malfeasance and fraud to this short list

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a credible response
To be clear.
That comment is towards the gent in the clip.
Spectroscopy is an amazing analytical tool.
Astrophysics have taken it up numerous levels with the current technologies.

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
To be clear.
That comment is towards the gent in the clip.
Spectroscopy is an amazing analytical tool.
Astrophysics have taken it up numerous levels with the current technologies.
I first used used it in analyzing metal plating solutions, Jeez, I hated that job, but then I came across it in a flour mill being used by the most gorgeous girl ever, most were during those testosterone fueled teenage years, and suddenly I thought it a wonderful tool.

• Haha
Reactions: jpc

scolairebocht

Staff member
Reaction score
You are going to get two further lots of scientists on your TV screens soon enough I think. Software engineers, saying you need more state control of the internet to stem cyber attacks, and astro physicists talking about the multiverse and the hows and whys of the alien hypothesis.

Don't believe either of them I'd say!

Latest Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom