Weather Thread

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
What kind of bush is it.
Green!
You may have shocked it and it is sulking. Conifers take that sort of thing personally.Can you identify one leader branch that would grow up for height or is all bucket shaped😁
Its not wide, about 3 or four feet. She doesn't seem shocked. I did it a year ago and hollowed the fukk out of it but its all grown back no bother.

I think I might have a go at the edges and keep trimming them whilst letting the middle grown taller and thicken out. Perhaps I'll get some shape to it that way :)

Skin the Goat

Reaction score
Green!

Its not wide, about 3 or four feet. She doesn't seem shocked. I did it a year ago and hollowed the fukk out of it but its all grown back no bother.

I think I might have a go at the edges and keep trimming them whilst letting the middle grown taller and thicken out. Perhaps I'll get some shape to it that way
Put manners on it with a chain saw Miley. It might look shite for 12 - 18 months but it will fill out nicely to it's new size.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Its 12 months now Sir so I'm hoping she'll start to fill out this Summer

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Green!

I think I might have a go at the edges and keep trimming them whilst letting the middle grown taller and thicken out. Perhaps I'll get some shape to it that way :)
Its 12 months now Sir so I'm hoping she'll start to fill out this Summer
You more or less need to prune it right back. Probably the reason this is happening is that the centre is no longer getting light exposure--direct contact with light, and the plant has written off that part of itself. Only way to bring it back into form is to trim it back so the light exposure is even across the whole plant. Use a pair of anvil lopping shears and form it into the shape you want, then maintain it. Depending on the SP this is probably what you should be doing anyway.

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Its a green leafy looking thing.

Thank's for the input Sir. I'll hammer a job on it tomorrow (y)

Fishalt

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a green leafy looking thing.

Thank's for the input Sir. I'll hammer a job on it tomorrow (y)
Most shrubs can handle a very heavy prune. If you want it to recover well and flush out new growth faster, hit it with some of this. It really does work. Or if you have access to actual seaweed, lay a bunch of it around the roots after washing it thoroughly. It's probably the best thing you can give your soil around.

1712271816805.png

willow

Reaction score
Storm Kathleen has arrived in the South West. And she is a witch with a b. Very strange this storm being a violent as it is over still cool winter water.....
Mind yourselves today this one is no joke.

willow

Reaction score
Well she's been and gone. One palm tree fell over and that was that apart from a short power cut. Now can we have summer please🤣

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
Is that you, Mam, the girl who had a name on Pish that was like a Greyhound or summat???

Professor

Too Good for the Too Bad
Reaction score
Guess what? . . . .

. . . . Minister for Agriculture Charlie McConalogue said it was a really challenging and unprecedented time for farmers in relation to “the length of this winter” which was “likely to continue for a while yet”😓

Rain is likely for the next 10 days or so, Met Éireann’s chief hydrometeorologist has warned, as farmers face challenging weather conditions.🌧️

Eoin Sherlock said there were “tentative signs” that high pressure would develop, resulting in less rainfall towards the end of next week. However, he said at around the end of the month and the start of May the high pressure would move away. . . .💦

. . . Mr McConalogue later announced the introduction of a fodder transport support measure to provide additional assistance to livestock farmers most severely affected by the “prolonged exceptional weather conditions”. A financial contribution is being provided to offset transport costs of hay, fodder beet, straw and silage for feeding where this involves a distance of more than 75km.😫

Popular Threads

Top Bottom