Weather Thread

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Professor said:

Actually ,it's you who appear to be doing exactly what Charlotte does. When presented with evidence, it used to discredit the source material and deny the existence of the technology.

Rather than further derail the climate change scam thread I have posted my response to the above post here.

There is a distinct difference between evidence and low key hysterical rants involving the mass throwing of links at the scene of contention.

Now, please point me to where I denied the existence of the technology.

As I note once again, I am not suggesting that weather modification cannot be done, what I do question, however, is the long term viability of doing so. The Chinese are happy to throw all sorts of hardware at the task but do we know just how much energy is required to run these bits of kit? It may well be that they are using the arrays as a weapon, to deprive India of its rains, but they have to be careful not to cause uncontrolled flooding in China itself.

clarke-connolly

Reaction score
In this instance.
It's been incessant since August.
No break.
I'm around a while.
And never seen this before.
Are you a Farmer = = Farmers are the real experts on Weather / Climate and I would be pretty sure Old Farmers would have seen all sorts of Bad Weather ( And Some Good )

Farmers pay far more attention to Weather / Climate ~ For Very Obvious Reasons.

Where Ireland is situated, it is going to get Rainy Weather / Very Rainy Weather = = Obviously occasionally you are going to get, the odd / some extremes of that ! !

Just like in 1976, there was a very long Heat-Wave ~ ~ In Ireland it is much more likely that you are going to get Bad Rainy Periods ~ ~ I am going to take a punt ~ ~ I reckon Ireland will have a Good Summer this year ! ( I bet that won't be seen as a positive by the Climate Nutters, if it happens )

Wolf

Reaction score
In this instance.
It's been incessant since August.
No break.
I'm around a while.
And never seen this before.
Meh, I remember in the late 1970's we got a combine harvester buried up to its axels in the September and we didn't get it out until the following May.
It's weather, it changes.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, I remember in the late 1970's we got a combine harvester buried up to its axels in the September and we didn't get it out until the following May.
Likewise I've seen a few bad ones but this is without any let-up.
I remember ploughing during February in the early 80s and a "technical drought " was the term.for spring barley.
Before the 6 week window bollox.
If you could plough away in December January you did and let the weather break down the furrow before the Harrow.
Stone deaf from Ford 5000s and 7000s

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Likewise I've seen a few bad ones but this is without any let-up.
I remember ploughing during February in the early 80s and a "technical drought " was the term.for spring barley.
Before the 6 week window bollox.
If you could plough away in December January you did and let the weather break down the furrow before the Harrow.
Stone deaf from Ford 5000s and 7000s
Absolute classics both, and good ones will sell for a multiple of their original price nowadays. Will we see the present crop of tractors still running in their mid fifties and even sixties? The electronics will either have given up or be 'unsupported' by that time I should imagine.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolute classics both, and good ones will sell for a multiple of their original price nowadays. Will we see the present crop of tractors still running in their mid fifties and even sixties? The electronics will either have given up or be 'unsupported' by that time I should imagine.
You'd be drawing diesel to the 7000s though when they get going hard.

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeeeah! Loved the one I was given to drive as a student, you learn to double de-clutch pretty quick with an unbraked load of silage hooked up behind.

Happy days!
Or heading down a slope with a lime spreader that wants to go faster.
You learn to have a good landing spot to stop the possibility of a jack knife.
Or go down the steep hill with the load nearly gone.
Character forming stuff!😅😅

Mad as Fish

Reaction score
Or heading down a slope with a lime spreader that wants to go faster.
You learn to have a good landing spot to stop the possibility of a jack knife.
Or go down the steep hill with the load nearly gone.
Character forming stuff!😅😅
Aye, learn the tricks young and they'll stay with you forever, thank God. A few years back I was on a hillside with a tanker load of pig slurry when the front mounting to the frame snapped, creating what may be politely described as a dynamic load - a bit like my bowls at the time.

Got it home though.

• Haha
Reactions: jpc

jpc

Staff member
Reaction score
Aye, learn the tricks young and they'll stay with you forever, thank God. A few years back I was on a hillside with a tanker load of pig slurry when the front mounting to the frame snapped, creating what may be politely described as a dynamic load - a bit like my bowls at the time.

Got it home though.
Dynamic load!
8000 litres of shyte!
A come to Jesus moment!
Powerful mental image.
🤣🤣🤣

Myles O'Reilly

Reaction score
You're a Dublin builder. What were ye doing with a Combine Harvester?!!

Wolf

Reaction score
Poor Charlottesweb/Kangal doesn't know what it's like growing up on a farm.....

Good to see he's watching EVERYTHING I post here though after I handed his skinny little arse to him on a plate.
I wonder did he tell the padre's discarded sex toy, Gowl, about his fantasies about his young lesbian daughter and wanting her to be a tranny?
Gowl is probably into that sort of thing too.

Popular Threads

Top Bottom